Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some terrain work...
Moderators: Roaches
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject:  Some terrain work... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some terrain work I experimented with some free time and had to do some little research about how the TMP works. It took me about 30-40 minutes to wip some good results. Anyway taking advantage of the TMP Studio's cropping feature lead me to making a template on making my work quicker.

Other than that, I feel it looks too flat compared to Westwood's terrain IMO.
If you have any advices that would help me improve will have my thanks Smile

just got to work on the sand/water transition and some cliffs to complete the palette conversion with PNG-to-SHP. #Tongue

clear.clat.sand.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.09 KB
 Viewed:  7145 Time(s)

clear.clat.sand.png

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you show it ingame?

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nameless void wrote:
Can you show it ingame?

Not now the palette isn't finish yet I gotta finish the water, cliffs, shores, and rough to complete it. At the moment its not using the original isotem palettes colors.

Quote:

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest using GIMP/PS instead of Paint. At least, it looks like it's done in Paint...

Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paint ftw! Not

Illegaly download photoshop! Now!

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually if you know what you're doing paint can actually yield good results, however in Roach's case I'd suggest the GIMP or photoshop.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew it would come to this Embarassed .... Anyway I started over, is this any better?

round2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  194.21 KB
 Viewed:  7087 Time(s)

round2.png

Quote:

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not better, just less bad.... It looks alike just blured. However, this is a step in the right direction!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the darker grass needs some blending and varying in hues and tone...it just looks like one uniform color spray painted in squares, =/ very unconvincing as grass

. the rest is ok. but add in some variation of tones and shadows.

Look up tutorials on pixel art for lighting and shading techinques. this will help you in being able to shade in details.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You will be not able use this tiles in game (at least not for LAT)

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more terrain editors! what started this whole new terrain era?

hmmm nice sand.

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Icy's TMP Studio and TI's new terrain...

Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Na, people are just unhelpfull #Tongue People wants to make new mods, and no one wants to help them, so people are forced to learn how to make stuff on their own.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you need photoshop, Gamingroach

Hit me up on PM's. I got the answer. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Ickus, I'll do some research into that.
@AntiHero: any help and tips is appreciated, I just reinstalled Photoshop CS3 yesterday. Unfortunately my internet connection is so bad I can't even sign in on MSN and PPM lately. I'll PM you when things are getting better. Smile

On a side note I won't be active for a day or two.

Quote:

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gamingroach, try using textures from games like Quake, or google search. Personally, I've done all of my terrain using Quake II terrain textures and GIMP to make the transitions/variations.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't rip stuff from games use legitimate sources! One can easily find stock and royalty free images roaming those tubes. There some sites that have nice, free hi-res images you may use, depending on their ToS.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or do it the Dutchy way: grab a random pic from the net with a matching colour for you terrain, fire up both PS and your TMP program, and c/p small parts of the pic into PS, edit them, en c/p into you TMP program Wink

Yurisarmy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hell yeah, you can make damn near anything that way. Razz

Now on ModDB!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WTF?

The first set of terrain is great! I like its colours and pixely-ness, makes up for the lack of possible detail.

The second set is really poor though. :/ So blurred and washed out.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Agree with Bolt. The first was actually a lot better. Confused

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I can achieve the perfect.

Give me 5 minutes.

EDIT:here is what can be the middle thing of these 2 you gave here...

2 minute job

clearclatsand_180.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  253.74 KB
 Viewed:  6867 Time(s)

clearclatsand_180.png

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It still looks like someone used the spray can in MS paint :\

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon