Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Propaganda
Moderators: Droke
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject:  Propaganda Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't want to post up the new stuff I'm working on yet, so I made this instead. This is my first picture of this type, so please excuse the problems. (Specially ratio)

Anyways, here you go.

1600x1200
1280x1024
1280x920

Updates:

AA Laser render.

Last edited by Droke on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it looks pretty nice.

Tought we are still update-hungry #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks empty... and post-apocalyptic.

Nice.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds me of ending of the Fallout - the Vault Dweller goes into the desert, after he is sent into exile from the vault.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lone [strike]trooper[/strike] guy. Rolling Eyes

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does indeed remind of the ending of Fallout.

I know this is your first time making one of these, but the title is kinda hard to read. Though I understand this is to help draw attention to the scene rather than the text.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea agreed, there could be more debris,grit and such around. but it does have an older game type of feel..due to the limitations of the past.

I agree with the title being too faint, maybe incorporated into the scene, like a fallen road sign or banner. maybe a political poster slightly obscured by dust,dirt or torn...?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its too obviously just a render of some 3d scene with seemingly no photoshopping. It would be better with, like said, rubble around, maybe a road going through the gateway. Add some mountains or something on the horizon, maybe even a thunderstorm.

Hey, could even be like the Terminator ending, the shot where the jeep is driving off on the road in the desert with a stormy sky ahead. #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
the ending of Fallout

Bako'Ikaporamee wrote:
the ending of Fallout

MANLY TEARS

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like how empty it is, though thats now why its empty. I'm still figuring out this stuff though, so expect such errors/problems.

Updated first post with new render.

Arselona
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AA Laser render looks good. I would comment on the first one but I would only be repeating others, you know the empty issue but it does look nice.

Well I ended up commenting anyway. Rolling Eyes

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now that looks better #Tongue

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TheRatsInTheWalls wrote:
MANLY TEARS

That A-A laser looks more like a spot light to blind pilots causing said crash #Tongue. Looks pretty interesting although a laser seems a little too high-tech for the situation everyone's in.

Looking forward to future update-type things Smile .

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't realize that I had portrayed this as a low tech world.
Your gonna love the toys yet seen. Neutral

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, I guess I was very vague. It's just that the environment you created seems like it takes place after some catastrophe(haven't read the story stuff in a while) and that a lot of tech was lost to time, or something. I was simply putting that because everything looks rusted and salvaged that advanced tech wouldn't seem too easy to manufacture. I like what you're doing, but there's a good chance I've lost my mind to an astral sea so don't worry to much about what I say. Hell, I confuse most in my life as it is...

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't bother with whatever story I posted here, I need to do a rewrite. But, while much is salvaged, people didn't hide away for too awful long, and the world is being rebuilt. So, they have the capability to make anything they want.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, okay that makes plenty of sense then.

Also, before I press 'submit', why can't we edit our own posts in your mod forum?

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, I have no clue :S
Other then moderating, I don't have any control over this forum, you would have to ask Banshee.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, that laser looks like supermassive THEL! Shocked

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAY!! Someone noticed! I based it on the MTHEL, but the design kinda changed... (Well, as a defense it would be THEL and not MTHEL, but still)

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this THEL you speak of that american RL laser?

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw that thing, it runs off barrels of dangerous chemicals IIRC :S

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon