Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Job openings
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:  Job openings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In this topic, you can apply for open jobs on the project, so if you want to help out,

1) Beta Testers
Alright, first and foremost I need beta testers.

Step 1 in the developement of TDX is improving C&Cs gameplay/balance, and since I'm close to completing the first revision of the balance update, I need beta testers.

Later on, those beta testers will also have to help me tweaking the new SP missions and MP maps, by providing feedback.

Following requirements must be met in order to become a beta tester:

- You need C&C95, either the original version or the TFD version.
- Some free time to test.
- Ability to provide useful feedback. Comments like "the Light Tank sucks" won't help much, even if it's true.

The number of beta tester slots is basically limited to 10 for now, but this limit does not apply to community veterans like Nyerguds, Hyper, Banshee and so on. For those, the "free time" requirement doesn't apply either, as I'm aware that they're usually quite busy, and I'm glad about every minute they can sacrifice for testing TDX.

2) Mappers/Mission makers

While making maps & missions for TD is probably easier than for any other RTS game out there, it's a fact that this is still a rather time intensive part in the development, so any help would be appreciated. If you have some decent TD mapping skills and a bit time on your hand, you're invited to join the team.

That's it for now, KEEP 'EM COMING! Wink

PS: please keep discussions about features, feature wishes etc. in the Discussions thread.

Last edited by Reaperrr on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

id be happy to beta test
i have the downloaded free version (the proper put on disks one) i can test at the weekends and when i dont have homework, tests or i am doing some thing for tiberian fall and ill tell you the truth and more than just "it was good"

Edit; im happy to patch, mod or destroy my copy for you and i have the internet set up for td

Last edited by Revolutionary on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could make maps for you if you want. Smile

Here is an image of my last released map (beta version)
http://www.cnc-comm.com/map.png
(The image is from the map editior BTW)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore... map is nice, but the tons of infantry you put on it plain suck #Tongue

As for me, well, while I'm an expert in C&C1 mission triggers, I really suck at designing terrain maps Embarassed

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, I really love Tiberian Dawn's terrain.

Last edited by Aro on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Tore... map is nice, but the tons of infantry you put on it plain suck #Tongue

As for me, well, while I'm an expert in C&C1 mission triggers, I really suck at designing terrain maps Embarassed

The infantry is there for a reason #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One barracks and some triggers do the job too #Tongue

Hey Rami! Funky looking tank you got there, lol Smile

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have some more funky looking stuff i could have shown if cnc techcentre wasn´t down #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revolutionary wrote:
Edit; im happy to patch, mod or destroy my copy for you

The last one won't be necessary (I think) Wink

Revolutionary wrote:
and i have the internet set up for td

That's clearly a plus, alright, you're in Smile

Tore wrote:
I could make maps for you if you want. Smile

Here is an image of my last released map (beta version)
http://www.cnc-comm.com/map.png
(The image is from the map editior BTW)

Nice map, I spotted a few terrain errors on some cliffs, and it seems the tiberium fields are somewhat small, but such things can be fixed within minutes, and otherwise it looks decent.
Alright, you're in Smile

@Aro: hehe yeah, TD's terrain is great. Actually, I consider the lack of desert maps one of RA1s biggest shortcomings.
I still hope that Nyerguds might be able to add support for 2 additional terrain sets to TD, JUNGLE and SNOW. For snow we could simply use the one from RA1, and for Jungle I would simply modify one of the existing terrains. More variation ftw Very Happy

@Nyer: Well, I'm good at terrain but mediocre at triggers, maybe we can share some work, I make the map and you help me with the triggers Smile

@rami: If that was meant to be the visual version of "if you need someone who can make new unit shps, ask me", it worked Very Happy
I only hope it won't take Nyerguds too long to add support for additional units to the game...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Urm, Can i haz artwork job plz? #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Urm, Can i haz artwork job plz? #Tongue

nah #Tongue

j/k, you haz teh job Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check Beta forum then!

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yippiehiho

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:

@rami: If that was meant to be the visual version of "if you need someone who can make new unit shps, ask me", it worked Very Happy
I only hope it won't take Nyerguds too long to add support for additional units to the game...

it shouldn't... I need to move the list of unit pointers (basically one neat list that tells the game where the final data of each unit is stored in memory) to a place where I have space to add more to the end of the list, and then fix all references to it... but that's about it. After that, I can add whatever I want. Actually adding code to make the game create a new unit isn't hard.

Of course, if you want new projectiles, weapons, aircraft, etc, I'll need to repeat that process for each expanded type.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[offtopic]ztype YEAH ALIEN LEGO![/offtopic]

If you guys need "blueprints" for like splashscreens and such, just yell.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"blueprints" for splashscreens? Umm... Hyper's a graphical designer.

(and this is my normal avatar ^_^)

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But I don't know if Hyper does pencil sketching... :/ That's what I ment.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

um what? 'Blueprints' aren't sketches...

What do you mean with splash screens anyway?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loading screens and such.

But it has been ages since I played C&C, don't know if they have that.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ehmmmmnot really #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
it shouldn't... I need to move the list of unit pointers (basically one neat list that tells the game where the final data of each unit is stored in memory) to a place where I have space to add more to the end of the list, and then fix all references to it... but that's about it. After that, I can add whatever I want. Actually adding code to make the game create a new unit isn't hard.

Of course, if you want new projectiles, weapons, aircraft, etc, I'll need to repeat that process for each expanded type.

I'm afraid I have to ask you for just that Very Happy

I think I probably won't need new infantry, aircraft, building and warhead slots (although that might change #Tongue ), but I'll definitely need more units, more weapons and more projectiles.
Does the amount of work for you depend on the length of the list? If yes, I guess it's better to not ask you for an expanded animation list... Although that would be really cool, too... *hinthint* Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would also like to do missions/maps. Triggers are my only weakness, but I can handle most of them. And I can always learn more.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperr, Nyer has school, so i would happily write to code for him, thus this gives him more time to test it and play around with it.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Reaperr, Nyer has school, so i would happily write to code for him, thus this gives him more time to test it and play around with it.

Well, anything that helps getting the new stuff in faster would be great, so go ahead Smile

@Crimsonum: Sure, I'm glad about any help in mapping I can get Smile
And about the triggers, since we have Nyerguds as trigger guru (and I'm not that bad either) that shouldn't be a problem.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With my current knowledge, I might even be able to add new triggers Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll volunteer to beta test, though I admit that I can't be extremely reliable. I'll definitely do what I can for you though.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

apoptygma
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could probably do some beta testing. I play a lot of mods... not sure what other qualifications you're looking for #Tongue

Apex
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could beta test. I have alot of extra time at home.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Does the amount of work for you depend on the length of the list? If yes, I guess it's better to not ask you for an expanded animation list...

No, not at all, the current lists can just be copied completely, without needing any modifications. The only real problem is finding all spots that determine how much it reads from that list, in other words, what determines the size. For units there were about 6 different places that had that same value there. I modified the code so all of these places now read the list length value from one single spot somewhere in the exe, so it can be adapted at one place instead of needing to modify six spots.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
With my current knowledge, I might even be able to add new triggers Very Happy

Shocked
That would be awesome Very Happy

Do you think you could make triggers that make the AI launch a superweapon onto a specified location, instead of the annoying "I just attack what is closest to the north" approach?

Also, a trigger for playing a certain sound and/or music track when triggered would be cool as well.

Oh, and a "reveal area" trigger that is independent from DZ at Z and more importantly can be used more than once to reveal location A when x happens, location B when y happens and so on.

Good luck Very Happy

@ TB, apoptygma and |Read|: You're all in Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

at the moment, I might be able to pull off stuff like breaking and forming alliances. Revealing specified spots might be kinda hard, since the only values linked to a trigger are related to the cause, and not to the effect. No idea about SW targets; that's AI related, and I kinda prefer not to touch that stuff at all.

This is all very theoretical though. Still needs tons of research which I really have no time for right now. At the moment I prefer getting the new animations and stuff implemented.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
at the moment, I might be able to pull off stuff like breaking and forming alliances.

That one would be useful as well Smile

About the other stuff, don't worry, I was just giving my wishlist Wink , but it isn't required to make TDX good. It would just be the icing on the cake.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
at the moment, I might be able to pull off stuff like breaking and forming alliances.

I suddenly imagine stuff like fighting warlords in Africa.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said though, C&C doesn't support any parameters given to the trigger actions, except for a teamtype, which explains the existenceof triggers like dstry trigger 'XXXX' and DZ at 'Z'.
So to really implement this, I'd have to make a trigger for each and every possible combination of sides, which is pretty impossible seeing as C&C has 10 sides, internally..

On the other hand, a trigger to give money to a player should be pretty easy to implement. We figured that out when finding the crate logic Smile

D1Hazel
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll willing to help testing and mapping. Course, looking at it, the last post is from 2 years ago. This is why I shouldn't post from my DS...

NukeDN
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this mod still alive?
I was so happy when i read about it. but hmhm .. it seems pretty dead atm. too bad Sad

I would like to help as well, since im playing this game for about 15 years from time to time now.. and i really like it still.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doubt it, though you really should adopt a "no post if the last post was more than a week or so ago" rule. Reaperrr is still around working on Return of the Dawn though.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TDX is waiting for Nyerguds to implement some features into the exe that are necessary to make this project how I envision it. Since Nyerguds was concentrating on the non-TDX-specific parts of patch 1.06c until recently, there has been quite of a slowdown. However, Nyer is slowly getting there, and we already have some great stuff internally that wasn't shown off publicly. After ROTD 2.8 is out, I'll concentrate on TDX again.

NukeDN
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im really glad to hear that.
Following these forums and the old school cnc websites for a very long time im sure that you guys can create one hell of an awesome mod.

Do you got some basic ideas for your campaign already?
I mean the campaign will always stay some kind of heart for cnc 1, for this reason guys will expect a lot from it in my opinion..

Is it possible to have some special units?
Im thinking about the bio-war campaign which was actually the best one i ever played and i really think that i played every campaign which is it worth to get played #Tongue

maybe im wrong but i didnt find that many more perhaps one of you got some kind of campaign Wink
would really be happy to play another one Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Do you got some basic ideas for your campaign already?

Yes. There will be a campaign that runs parallel to the C&C1 campaign. However, instead of ending with the Temple's destruction, the TDX campaign will span beyond this event.

Quote:
Is it possible to have some special units?

I think it was possible to add a few new units. At least there was something about removed due to spoiler

Reaperrr: Sorry for editing your post Crim, but that's a spoiler #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most of the mission ideas are already there, yes. Actually, several missions are half-way done, they only need some additional triggers and fine-tuning.

There will be at least two campaigns, one for each side, and each campaign will have 10 missions.
The very idea of TDX is to deliver single-player missions that match or exceed the quality of the best official and fan-made missions. Diversity is a key factor as well. I doubt anyone wants to play 20 run-of-the-mill base-building missions in a row Wink There are enough of them in th original campaigns already.

Some additional single missions/mini-campaigns may find their way into TDX as well.

Special units? We'll see Very Happy

EDIT: Crim was faster Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I could help with mission making.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, sorry for revealing that. Good thing you fixed it quick enough Wink

NukeDN
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

10 missions? sounds great Very Happy
And i hope we cant expect the highest tech-lvl from the
first map on. Some real campaign playing we need here Wink

Anyways, this sounds EXTREMELY well.

Special units o.ô Great!
But they gotta fit in the style of C&C1 thats very important. i hope you dont have ideas of cyborgs, at least not some kind of über cyborgs. just for example.

Units like the ones in the bio-war campaign fitted perfect. Also the heavy tank of red alert are a great one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon