Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to the TDX forums!
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject:  Welcome to the TDX forums! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the forum of the unofficial C&C95 expansion, Tiberian Dawn Xtended, or just short TDX.

These forums are for progress updates, providing feedback, discussions about topics like balancing, maps & missions, suggestions and so on.

TDX aims to give you new reasons to play the classic C&C95, also known as Tiberian Dawn, by providing you with a completely revamped balancing, truckloads of new high-quality singleplayer missions as well as several new multiplayer maps.
Also, in the future (depending on Nyerguds' progress on adding new features to the game) stuff like new units, new weapons and so on might be added as well, to turn this into the best and biggest unofficial expansion for C&C.

So check out these forums once in a while Smile

Last edited by Reaperrr on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unofficial sounds better than inofficial Wink

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Unofficial sounds better than inofficial Wink

fixed Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll probably do a news post about this. Do you have any images?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I'll probably do a news post about this. Do you have any images?

Sorry, not yet, can you wait 1 or 2 days? I'll have something ready by then (I hope...)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem. Send me an image whenever you're ready.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heh. This good enough? #Tongue

C&C95 v1.06 showcase, on one of the Nintendo 64-ported missions:
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/pics/cc95_v106.png
(visible upgrades: hi-res, new music, fixed CY shadow, primary helipad, raised rocket launcher turret, fixed ion cannon icon, and, barely noticeable, fixed non-refreshing area at the 2 highest build icons in the sidebar. And if I'm not mistaken, the N64 and PS missions will be part of TD Xtended)

Skirmish game in Funpark mode. Note the T-rex walking through my base.
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/pics/cc95_skirmish_funpark.png

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
heh. This good enough? #Tongue

C&C95 v1.06 showcase, on one of the Nintendo 64-ported missions:
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/junk/cc95_v106.png
(visible upgrades: hi-res, new music, fixed CY shadow, primary helipad, raised rocket launcher turret, fixed ion cannon icon, and, barely noticeable, fixed non-refreshing area at the 2 highest build icons in the sidebar. And if I'm not mistaken, the N64 and PS missions will be part of TD Xtended)

Yes, those missions will be part of TDX (although I might modify them a bit Wink ).
And yup, I think that screenshot is good enough.

Right now, the only self-made thing I could show off is an unfinished mission I'm working on, but that is a Commando-mission, so many of the 1.06-features wouldn't be visible on the screen.

Alright Aro, I think for the time being Nyerguds' screenshot is the best choice Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just done the news post in case you haven't already seen it.
I apologize that it's not fabulous but resizing those images caused ugliness.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...you could've mirrored them on PPM though. I tend to clean out my /junk/ folder from time to time and move stuff to the place where it belongs -_-

As for resizing, how small do you need em?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About 580 pixels in width cause anything over 600 causes graphical problems on the main page. However I resized them myself but the fonts where unreadable when I did it (I resize things with Photoshop CS3).

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just make those resized shots thumbnails...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I feel like an Idiot. -_-

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Nyerguds on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...you still linked to the old urls -_-

Can't you just mirror all 4 of them on PPM like what's done with all other news images?

VW 2
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about if nod gets the Heavy tank, would be pretty useful.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That'd, like, ruin what theyre about. #Tongue

Their vehicles are all light, hense they arrive by air.

DeeZire
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A few things that I think would be worthy of inclusion (I added these to C&C 1.06, thanx for that Nyerguds it totally rocks!)

- make Commando buildable at highest tech level (when you have Temple Of Nod or Advanced Comms)

- make SSM Launcher buildable for Nod (to make it equivalent to availability of GDI Rocket Launcher, it should only be buildable when you have an Obelisk)

- make Chem Warrior buildable

- make Chinook transport available - fun on a LAN for an Engineer raid as everyone expects them to be in an APC Wink

Just my 2 cents, never figured why those things were not included in the first place especially when they released Covert Ops.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are already buildable in multiplayer games.....

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, just not singleplayer. We gotta get Apaches & Chinooks for Nod in singleplayer.

HEY, its DeeZire. How ya been, man. I've always wanted to try Pro Gen for ZH, if there was one, I couldn't find a link, though.

Well, now ZH has been uninstalled.... fuckin small hard drive.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeeZire wrote:
A few things that I think would be worthy of inclusion (I added these to C&C 1.06, thanx for that Nyerguds it totally rocks!)

- make Commando buildable at highest tech level (when you have Temple Of Nod or Advanced Comms)

- make SSM Launcher buildable for Nod (to make it equivalent to availability of GDI Rocket Launcher, it should only be buildable when you have an Obelisk)

- make Chem Warrior buildable

- make Chinook transport available - fun on a LAN for an Engineer raid as everyone expects them to be in an APC Wink

Just my 2 cents, never figured why those things were not included in the first place especially when they released Covert Ops.

I assume you are referring to singleplayer, since MP already has them like Tore said, but yeah, there will be missions where those once-MP-only units are buildable Smile

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want MP only units in singleplayer start "funpark" and load one of your savegames Wink

Note: This will give Nod GDI equipment to fix this save the game in funpark mode and load the game in standard mode.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think finishing SP campaign missions with funpark will crash your game if the mission goes on to a mission beyond #5, since the original funpark campaign only goes to #5. (it's possible that it just ends the campaign and returns to the main menu. I know finishing a funpark savegame in normal mode crashes though)

Aro wrote:
About 580 pixels in width cause anything over 600 causes graphical problems on the main page. However I resized them myself but the fonts where unreadable when I did it (I resize things with Photoshop CS3).

Hmm... lemme guess, you didn't upgrade them to high-colour first? It doesn't smooth unless it's high-colour #Tongue

DeeZire wrote:

Patched to 1.06a rev2 yet? Wink

DeeZire wrote:

If you're talking about single play, there's a problem... there's no such thing as 'highest tech level'. Last GDI level is 15, while the last Nod one is 13. Commando is a single unit, with a single build level restriction. The same problem exists for the MCV, which can only be built in the last GDI missions.
Also, adding these would horribly simplify the campaign.

Mind you, it's not hard to make a new covert ops mission and set its buildlevel to 98... that will enable all that stuff (except for the helipad for Nod - special case).

DeeZire wrote:

ummm... you're talking about MULTIPLAYER??? All that stuff IS available in multiplayer games. You just need to set the MP tech level to highest. And in my patch, I edited the tech level to be on highest by default.
Look at the screenshots. That's a chinook. And a commando. And as you can see I can build SSMs, too. And the second screenshot shows me able to build a normal rocket launcher with Nod.
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/pics/cc95_skirmish.png
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/pics/cc95_skirmish_funpark.png

Last edited by Nyerguds on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:40 am; edited 3 times in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh btw, last night I succeeded in adding a completely new unit to C&C95 Smile

Still has some minor bugs... like the fact the last dino die anim seems to be applied to "the rest" after checking the first 3 dinos (dinos are the last 4 units) instead of just the last dino, meaning any added units will show it too, and the fact we have yet to figure out how to edit the selection box size. But overall it works perfectly Smile

DeeZire
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, sorry guys I meant single player Smile

Thanks for the heads up on the updated patch, I had that CD problem too.

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

details on the new unit?

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
I've always wanted to try Pro Gen for ZH, if there was one, I couldn't find a link, though.

I've got it here.

Nyerguds, do you have a good render of those circles (from the opening video) from TD?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

burton6747 wrote:
details on the new unit?

umm really... this isn't the implementation of a planned new unit or anything like that... it's just the basic action of adding a new blueprint for the game to use. At the moment it has the stats of the flame tank, the weapon of the rocket launcher and the graphics of an Orca. All of that can still be changed. It's really just a test. A first step in the implementation of, um, pretty much as many units as I want. Now I know what to change to add one, adding more is peanuts Smile

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So this means anyone will be able to add their own units?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm... not quite... you'd have to know what to edit. If I'd release an exe with 50 new unit slots added, plus an editor that knows where to edit which data of these 50 new units, THEN anyone can add their own unts.

At the moment, it's just me #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI doesn't like the new unit.

No, scratch that. It DOES like it. Way too much. In fact it keeps and keeps and keeps and keeps building it, despite the fact no such action is specified anywhere in the mission's script X_x

VW 2
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

Yeah but it would be fair against the Mammoth Tank, i hate having to take out those bastards with Light Tanks which seem to die quickly.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is many ways to take out a mammoth tank; you can suprise them with stealth tanks, kill them with bazzoka soldiers, use light tanks, recon bikes, even flame tanks works (Not recomended though).

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VW 2 wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

Yeah but it would be fair against the Mammoth Tank, i hate having to take out those bastards with Light Tanks which seem to die quickly.

Mammoth tank is supposed to rip through tanks. That's what it's build for.

Use rocket infantry man... I played C&C when I was 6 and even I got that... Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amen to that Rats.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Mind you, it's not hard to make a new covert ops mission and set its buildlevel to 98... that will enable all that stuff (except for the helipad for Nod - special case).

Hmm, Reaperrr, do you want me to enable build level reading from ini for the campaign? Then you're no longer stuck with the "mission ## = buildlevel ##" logic.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:

Hmm, Reaperrr, do you want me to enable build level reading from ini for the campaign? Then you're no longer stuck with the "mission ## = buildlevel ##" logic.

Short answer: YUP Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thought so Smile

I actually did that ages ago, but I changed it back (for patch 1.06) because I wasn't 100% sure if all original campaign missions have this value set correctly.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NEW UNITS!!!! FLAMETANKROCKETORCAWTFPWN!!!

It's a dawning of a new... dawn.

This is good, progress is being made.

BTW, thanks for the link Deathray. Unfortunately, Generals aint installed; theres no room for it.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon