Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
So, what is happening in XTX?
Moderators: daTS, Gangster, Team Black
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject:  So, what is happening in XTX? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well with DaTS in the military, it's fallen to me to assemble the builds for XTX, to eventually bring you all a rocking awesome expansion that will put Gangser's original terrain expansion IN THE DUST.
We're not only promising an expansion of terrain, but a full blown civilian expansion with BUILDINGS, VEHICLES, and maybe even a sexy map or two Wink

The current XTX crew has become:
Lin Kuei Ominae - shp mastermind
DarkRose - terrain monsta
Godofgamers - terrain machine
Team Black (Myself) - Build assembly, coding, voxels
AntiHero - whatever he wants

I'll also inclue Aro and Morpher in the XTX staff, as a good deal of terrain is being donated from both Twisted Insurection AND Tiberian Odyssey. I'm working with both projects to get them the latest XTX terrain, even though XTX itself hasn't been assembled yet. Yeah, it's a complicated relationship.. but, threesomes usually are.
(request to Banshee: please give the people listed above permission to see the XTX staff forum, and moderating powers to myself, that would help a LOT Smile )

I also plan to work with Regulus to merge his Civilian voxels with XTX. I'll keep you updated on how that works out.

XTX's current status:
DaTS' old build of XTX is a bit messy, and has quite a few errors in it. I'm sorting through ALL the terrain, and remaking the entire build from the ground up.
After that, There are many voxels and buildings to code in. Then testing (which I fear the MOST), then when all that is done, Lin Kuei Ominae and I will work cooperatively on the biggest, most elaborate map you've ever seen! Very Happy.
All this is obviously easier said than done, and it will take a LOT of time, but I promise you that it'll be worth the wait. Keep an eye peeled, we'll post progress as it comes.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good. Can't wait to see some eyecandy...

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you forgot to include me.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some reason I think I am about to get the short end of this stick.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Negative, Regulus. I just didn't feel that it would be proper to make promises to the community regarding your project + XTX, as we just began the agreement tonight.
I'm not saying that I doubt it will work, I just don't know enough about you or your project to make any promises just yet.
Give me like a couple days to look into it more, and I'll have a better idea of where we can go from here

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I'll also inclue Aro and Morpher in the XTX staff, as a good deal of terrain is being donated from both Twisted Insurection AND Tiberian Odyssey.

Don't forget our deal, I didn't give you that terrain for nothing. Razz I Also hope you don't plan on using anything else from TI apart from what I said you could use. Before you release any builds I'd like you to run it through with me first of all just so there's no TI Terrain there that SHOULDN'T be there.

Julius Clonkus
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds very promising. I hope the terrain expansions will include paved ground markings which are suitable for making airports (civilian or military) and include urban cliffs (not just the small ones :/) and faction signs on the ground.

As for the buildings, hoping for some buildings that have a kind of look so you can smack them together on the map editor and they'll look like one big building (some RA2 buildings had this look for example)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
have a kind of look so you can smack them together on the map editor and they'll look like one big building (some RA2 buildings had this look for example)

you have NO idea - you're going to LOVE what we've got for ya then Very Happy

The Team Black Index

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Julius Clonkus wrote:
and include urban cliffs

I've already done that. Rest assured, you shall have the cliffs you desire.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you got different parts of buildings we can mix and match then? #Tongue Like the TS Waystation you can put multiple of those box type buildings next to it for equal effect.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you'll find out soon.. but I guarantee you'll be impressed XD

The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moderatorship will remain solely with me, as I plan on seeing this project all the way through. I'll have time once I'm done with this damned training.

However, i will give Morpher access to the forums.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon