Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hammerfest Base Bug??
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shadowblade
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject:  Hammerfest Base Bug?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cannot compete the Hammerfest base mission in Tiberian Sun - it is impossible.

I start with three hovercraft, four engineers and an amphibious APC and still have them all. I have the latest patches AFAIK. I found the radar base and the cliff you can shoot out and I destroyed a NOD Advanced Power Plant, but the route through is blocked by artillery and an Obilisk of Light. The Obilisk takes out the hovers with one shot and the artillery takes them out with two. The APC is a bit stronger (three artillery shots, I think). I cannot destroy another power plant to disable the obilisk. I can sneak around in front of the Obilisk, but if I go any further I get zapped.

Parts of the map have been revealed, so I can see three NOD bases and the GDI base I am supposed to rescue. But I can't finish the damn thing. I tried keeping the Obilisk busy with the hovers while I rush the APC through, searching for reinforcements, but I get blown up at the other end, by the artillery, as soon as I'm out of range of the Obilisk.

How do I solve this? Is there another patch or crack or hack? What about an invulnerable cheat mode?

Having an impossible mission is absolutely NO FUN AT ALL.

What a crock.

Mad Mad Mad

Thank You.

PS, I'll try again and not take the radar out - perhaps destroying one APP will make a difference if the radar base is still there.

~

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly i havn't played the mission. but i'm sure there like a destroyable cliff somewhere?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes there is a destroyable cliff somewhere BEFORE THE OBLI

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oy, I had a lot of trouble with that map, then my comp crashed, and I haven't played GDI missions since, I'll pick them up again when I have some free time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you have to destroy Nod power before passing through the obelisks...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, then, try to find a waterway to the north... more we will not tell you.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i always used a destroyable cliff

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, you'll need to destroy two cliffs: one to disable the powerplant powering the obelisk, and one at the waterway to the north, it'll give entrance to the hammerfest base.

Shadowblade
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the point of my message is that I get killed by artillery when I use that destroyable cliff!

Anyway, I solved it. The problem was that I took out the radar base with an engineer. This revealed enough of the map to see the artillery, which also saw me!

So whatever I did, the mission was impossible to finish as you can't take out long range artillery AND an Obilisk with three hovers. I couldn't take out the ower plants because of the artillery.

So I re-started and left the radar base alone, and went up the destroyable cliff and took out all the power plants, snuck past the Obilisk and got really close to the somehow sleeping artillery and took it out.

The mission was surprisingly easy if you play it right.

I'm doing the "mutants find the stealthed base" mission now.

Cheers!

(more than that we will not tell you, my foot!)

~

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum