Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Discussions
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [219 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

--

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

---

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- I got an editor for it. It's in my internal version of my UGE editor. Though now I'm disassembling I personallY no longer need editors... all data is visible clear as day.

-The hospital in C&C1 is a tiberium research center, not a field hospital. It isn't even buildable, so there's no use. And no it will NOT be made buildable. Forget it.

-If I'd know how to change the way stuff comes out of buildings I'd have made new war factories and barracks ages ago -_-

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, what? The icons in that icon pack here at ppm are 100% ready to go. Throw them in a TD-format sc*.mix file and they work. The ones in that TFTW folder are just hi-res remakes of the original C&C95 ones, so they can't be used in C&C95. They're too big, and high colour. Converting those to ingame format is useless since they'll look just like the originals, or worse, since most are recoloured greyscale renders.

I got a beta of UGE which can edit weapons here, but giving you my internal version is useless since it's made for my adjusted C&C95.exe
Note that that beta is severely lacking documentation. I advise you to download the previously-released version to get the docs.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Urg, what the hell... X_X

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. That isn't even the correct airplane used ingame, so why bother?

And don't use PPM as storage space. Remove that image or I will alert the moderators.

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

storage space? lol

At first he was talking about colouring it, and mentioned it and something like oil paintings I think, but it seems he edited his post before you replyed.

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I was right, he PM'd me his original post.

Quote:
Heres what the original post was
Would anyone like to try coloring this render of the cargo plane using Shp Builder? (I know you said its not the correct plane, but personally I like this render better than the one you have in your cameo pack, even though the cargo plane isn't really a unit worth enabling to build considering it serves no purpose.) But..I still think it would be nice to have this and a good bio-lab and hospital cameo made.

I named it c17a.shp because my original c17.shp already has been modified...

I used the A-10 support plane cameo as a guide to help color the cargo plane..but it didn't help...I tried converting lightest to darkest colors from A-10 to C-17 with the Color Replace Tool...to see if they would be the right ones (as if the A-10 was greyscaled to begin with)...that didn't work.

I don't know how these cameos were made to begin with, but it almost looks like they were oil-based painting then put in the computer with a camera because I have an oil-based painting and its resemblance is remarkable on the techniques used with the clouds...

Now...I am unable to delete that picture...so..deal with it or tell the moderator to delete it

And yes what he said is the original post, IIRC.

I'll advise to not be so harsh, its just a misunderstanding Wink

btw burton: to delete attachment, go to your profile control; there it has a link to your attachments, and when there you can delete them. No need to panic, its just mix-up Wink

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these edits are confusing me x_x...

Before you asked if he worked for WW.

Plz notify if you edit, it saves confusion (especially since it only tells if the post was edited, when someone replyed)

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, loving the new icons for units. er, Im not sure its a great idea to have the nod logo on the rep.pad icon, dunno, just doesnt fit to me. Same with the heli Icon, can we have one with no apache on it? (I could speak about he con yard, but honestly I dont really care for obvious reasons). may I sugest we change the APC logo so that its in GDI colours (i know nod CAN get it), just makes more sense to me. I dont so much like the altered ion cannon icon, but I do like the rendered version of it (from the vid clip). Thoughts?
-Liam

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. He could never do that. It's been like that since the very first release... heck, even in the demo version it was already like that. It's a buff to prevent him from being overpowered.

MT wrote:
storage space? lol

At first he was talking about colouring it, and mentioned it and something like oil paintings I think, but it seems he edited his post before you replyed.

Well sorry, but I've seen people do that before, and the oil painting image sure seemed random enough without the explanation that went with it -_-
Also, if you edit a post you get a list of all attachments with a big "Delete Attachment" button next to each one... seems clear enough to me.

The C&C icons are renders from 3D models, put on either a rendered background or a real photo.

As for how I colour images... it's not by replacing colours. I select the area to colour and use Paint Shop Pro's 'Colorize' tool to recolour that in a specific hue.
Grey - Divided in colour zones - Coloured
(obviously the colour zones image doesn't have the correct colours. I use colours from the icons or FMVs for that)

whiteshoes-n-gloves wrote:
wow, loving the new icons for units.

thx Smile
er, Im not sure its a great idea to have the nod logo on the rep.pad icon, dunno, just doesnt fit to me. Same with the heli Icon, can we have one with no apache on it?

About the repair bay: I only made that because the DOS manual shows it like that. I know it's not actually usable because the repair pad is owned by both sides, but DTA uses it.
About the helipad: Yes you can. It's the one that's already ingame.

Seriously though, if you've read the text under the attached image in the icons thread you can clearly read:
-The repair bay and helipad icon are kinda Nod-specific remakes, and might not be usable

may I sugest we change the APC logo so that its in GDI colours (i know nod CAN get it), just makes more sense to me.

APC? what? why?

Check all the other original C&C95 icons first. The Medium Tank and Rocket Launcher are grey, the Flame Tank, SSM Launcher and Artillery are yellow, heck, the A-10s are green. So tell me again why I'd have to recolour that APC one?

Really, it doesn't matter, they're just icons, not team-coloured units.

I dont so much like the altered ion cannon icon, but I do like the rendered version of it (from the vid clip). Thoughts?

Well I considered adding the new one, but in the end I chose to just fix the existing one rather than forcing people tot use my new one.
Maybe I should ask around about that...

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

MT wrote:
storage space? lol

Well sorry, but I've seen people do that before, and the oil painting image sure seemed random enough without the explanation that went with it -_-
Also, if you edit a post you get a list of all attachments with a big "Delete Attachment" button next to each one... seems clear enough to me.

Lol. He panicked and sent me like three PMs, saying something like "I cant delete it please tell a mod to delete it.", and asked for step-by-step instructions. Seems he deleted it now though, so its cleared up Smile

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, youd think id have noticed about all those icons hugh?
Fair enough, and no, sorry I didnt see that extra about the nod icons, cheers for clearing that up.
yep, totally use the new icon for ion Very Happy you have my vote.
Btw, could you make the new MCV cheaper to build? I think itd be cool to have them be capable of building a second base in the game, and trys to get rid of serious sandbagging/siloing across levels. Once again though, if you ever get other vehcs to deply, just do that. But I think we've had this convo already... my sugestion was make it unsellable to stop the power issue, lol.
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw, could you make the new MCV cheaper to build? I think itd be cool to have them be capable of building a second base in the game, and trys to get rid of serious sandbagging/siloing across levels.

I've planned to do that, yes.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Completely removing the power usage of the CY fixes the undeploy power issue, you know. Just make it produce 5 and use 0.

Maybe I could make some of these options mission-specific... I got a vague plan of how I can sneak up to 7 such options into the savegame information, by using the leftover bits of the CD-To-Read setting #Tongue

Heck, I could even enable Laser ORCAs in that PS missions that way Very Happy

burton6747 wrote:
My efforts on C&C are being ceased forever..Wink good luck people!

Aww, hey now... you helped me fix that default multiplayer techlevel issue, you know Sad

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NAVAL UNITZ!!!!

Nah, I'm jokin'.

NAVAL UNITZ!!!!

Naahh...... maybe?NAahh.

Hey, the Commando should be able to guard. He's not overpowered, he's a Commando; its to be expected.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
NAVAL UNITZ!!!!

Nah, I'm jokin'.

NAVAL UNITZ!!!!

Naahh...... maybe?NAahh.

As buildable units? No way.

As (controllable) singleplayer units? Maybe Smile

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Hey, the Commando should be able to guard. He's not overpowered, he's a Commando; its to be expected.

Well, I can't promise anything, but if Nyer finds the switch for that behaviour we might at least test how an auto-guard Commando would affect gameplay.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MissionClass_SetGuard #Tongue

find it Nyer xD

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Controllable naval units work perfectly... heck, even controllable hover units work. But they can go up waterfalls, and cross any rock that's technically part of a river piece Rolling Eyes

@Hyper:
Mission? Confused

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coolio.

I guess they'll just have to be in missions with lakes.

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

burton6747 wrote:
Can you play your own maps in multiplayer/internet game?

Well, if your opponent(s) download and install the same map, yes.

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All you need to do is give them the correct name format (SCM##EA.INI+BIN) and put them in the C&C directory.

It might be useful to first check which numbers are already taken by the game though.

Oh, and I'll DEFINITELY be upgrading THAT maps list to 127 in my next patch. I know I've centered that menu, so the map reading logic shouldn't be too hard to find.

I've been looking into the whole mission number thing and it may even be possible to upgrade it to 999 for both the Covert Ops and multiplayer list.

[edit]

Here's the full list of official maps. Plenty of space left in between em Smile

scm01ea - Green Acres
scm02ea - Sand Trap
scm03ea - Lost Arena
scm04ea - River Raid
scm05ea - Eye Of The Storm
scm06ea - Lakefront Clash
scm07ea - Desert Madness
scm08ea - Pitfall
scm09ea - Moosehead Barrens
scm10ea - (CO) Red Sands

scm50ea - (CO) Emerald Highlands
scm51ea - (CO) Four Corners
scm52ea - (CO) Cactus Valley

scm60ea - (CO) Monkey In The Middle
scm61ea - (CO) King Of The Mountain
scm62ea - (CO) Surgical Incision

scm70ea - Winter Waterland
scm71ea - One Pass Fits All
scm72ea - Straight And Narrow
scm73ea - King Takes Pawn
scm74ea - Nowhere To Hide
scm75ea - (CO) Village Of The Unfortunate

scm77ea - Marooned

scm90ea - (CO) A Long Way From Home

scm96ea - Tiberium Garden
scm97ea - (CO) Northern Explosion
scm98ea - (CO) Diverse Region

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as a query, have the "new units" been decided on yet? or are you just trying to make such a thing possible first (and not have the AI spam with them)?
-Liam

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh we got past the AI-spamming-problem by using the 4 dinosaurs' unit IDs. I found all exceptions related to the dinosaurs (voice sets 'n' stuff), so we're good to go Smile

The only thing keeping me back at the moment is a complete lack of time, due to school and other RL-related stuff.

As for the units themselves, yeah we got a fairly good idea of what is going to be added, both in terms of buildable and unbuildable units. Dunno if I can reveal that stuff though. Reaperrr?

Last edited by Nyerguds on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
As for the units themsleves yeah we got a failry good idea of what is going to be added, both in terms of buildable and unbuildable units. Dunno if I can reveal that stuff though. Reaperrr?

Well, I think TDX won't get much attention until we have something to show off anyway, so revealing them now probably won't hurt.

As buildable units, we've planned
- a Nod APC, replacing the normal APC for Nod
- a grenade-launcher artillery unit for GDI, MLRS' role will be shifted towards mobile SAM
- a Chem Tank for Nod, will be Nods' strongest ground unit

as non-buildable (Singleplayer only), we've planned
- a rubber-boat that can drive up small rivers
- a controllable GDI gun boat
- some more surprises Very Happy

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

COOL!!!! AWESOME!!!!! RUBBEr BOATs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 BrOKEN SHIT KEYs!!!!1

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it'll be like Tanya in the RA1 video... only um, without the C4 on bridges since C&C1 bridges are indestructible... in fact, without the going under bridges, even.. pretty sure it can't do that...

Ah screw it. The concept of a commando in a rubber boat should be awesome enough as it is #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
it'll be like Tanya in the RA1 video... only um, without the C4 on bridges since C&C1 bridges are indestructible... in fact, without the going under bridges, even.. pretty sure it can't do that...

Ah screw it. The concept of a commando in a rubber boat should be awesome enough as it is #Tongue

pah, those missions simply won't get any bridges Very Happy

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:
As for the units themsleves yeah we got a failry good idea of what is going to be added, both in terms of buildable and unbuildable units. Dunno if I can reveal that stuff though. Reaperrr?

Well, I think TDX won't get much attention until we have something to show off anyway, so revealing them now probably won't hurt.

As buildable units, we've planned
- a Nod APC, replacing the normal APC for Nod
- a grenade-launcher artillery unit for GDI, MLRS' role will be shifted towards mobile SAM
- a Chem Tank for Nod, will be Nods' strongest ground unit

as non-buildable (Singleplayer only), we've planned
- a rubber-boat that can drive up small rivers
- a controllable GDI gun boat
- some more surprises Very Happy

Make sure the new buildable units don't screw up the GDI/Nod balance.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:

Make sure the new buildable units don't screw up the GDI/Nod balance.

Don't worry, they won't Smile
That's one of the reasons why there are only so few new buildable units.

GDI will still be the brute force powerhouse, while Nod will still be focused on strong defense and sneaky tactics.
The Chem Tank for example will be too slow, fragile and expensive to be useful on its own, you'll have to send in other units to distract fire until the Chems reach their target.

About the MLRS, we felt it's too useless in its current form, and since GDI has much less units than Nod already, I decided to make the MLRS a mainly anti-air unit, and give GDI a new arty unit in form of a grenade launcher.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A grenade launcher sounds GDI-y... I like it.

Better get the Command & Conquer Battle Chest or whatever it is called.

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Command & Conquer Battle Chest

No such thing. There is, however TFD

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you base the grenade tank off of a real life vehicle?

Will it just b a tank with a grenade launcher for it's gun?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Will it just b a tank with a grenade launcher for it's gun?

nope Smile

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Can you base the grenade tank off of a real life vehicle?

yup Smile

raminator will make the shp, btw Wink

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I'm intrigued.

Any pics of the real life version?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the heck... burton6747 removed all of his posts. Really lame, man.

@DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr: I honestly don't have a clue... we got a pic of the Nod APC posted in the staff section (basically about the same thing the GDI APC in TS is based on), but I really don't know about the RPG launcher.

apoptygma
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
What the heck... burton6747 removed all of his posts. Really lame, man.

Yea why did he do that? It makes it really hard to read the forum

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-

Last edited by burton6747 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [219 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon