Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
ra2 and yuri's revenge games/mods
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

do u like playing cnc games?
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
couldn't care less
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Stealth Kitty
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:48 am    Post subject:  ra2 and yuri's revenge games/mods Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#evil do u like to play ra2 or yuri's revenge Oops!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR? Only modded, because the current AI sucks shit...

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course I love C&C games. Theres just something about them that gets me so excited about them. They could slap a C&C game logo on a floppy disk with 5 units to build from, with crappy graphics, and one 3 minute mission to play and I would be willig to buy it for $50 +. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Coffee
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, the AI of RA2 and RA2YR sucks but if you added more AI scripts and meaningful units teamtypes, i guess AI would not be a s**tsucker anymore. well u know that Ra2 and Ra2YR uses engine from TS. and some modders have been trying to exploit what could be possible leftovers from TS that could be functional with RA2 and Ra2YR. the Drop Pod for example, they have been trying to make it work and they say when the drop pods hit the ground, internal error greets you. the Emp weapon too. and the multimissile thing.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's why I say that Ra2 or YR is only fun when modded, erm... when AI is modded. As for the left-overs from TS, I haven't tried any of them, but it's a pitty they dont work. If you wanna start a research about this, post in the Advanced Tech Center and also post some reports from people who tested it before. Everyone is free to start a research here. But, erm... Advanced Tech Center is dedicated to TS/FS, but we can make a Battle Lab forum for Ra2/YR

Coffee
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hope you could do so. because with the loss of FedNet and Sleipnir, the RA2 and RA2YR community will slowly die...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I don't believe Stardust Studios and Eclipse will do the job FedNET did. One of the great things they had was the Battle Lab forum, which served as inspiration for PPM's Advanced Tech Center. I mean, most of the posts now in the Ra2 editing forums from SDS will be n00b posts like Deezire forums have (and is infested with, no offense). Eclipse has no Ra2 editing forums... for the other sites that are supporting Ra2, Editing Source is a good place for graphics, but just for graphics... Most of the current Ra2 sites will "jump" into Generals and PPM will probably jum into it after our Tiberian Sun mod and also into Warcraft 3. The thing is that I believe that what you see now from TS modding community is what you'll see from the Red Alert 2 in a period of 6 to 12 months. There is a high probablity of both TS and Ra2 community be merged in most of the sites, due to their decadence. It already happens in several places (Deezire, SDS, etc...)

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree that a Battle Lab forum would be cool. Its always good to broaden horizens in terms of modding experience, not to mention that some of the RA2 stuff could (in an ideal world) be ported back to TS. I mean the DontUse actions were first found for RA2 weren't they? and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be conducted the major sw research we are now

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew their existence before sw researches in Deezire forums, because I used to check game.exe with X-Tree Gold a lot and I've even tried to make them work before, but it failed and I still dont know the reason for its failure... But, I think when I wrote them in my rules.ini, I havent used capital letters or I did some sort of grammar mistake, because it wasnt fired by my missile silo :p..

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum