Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Music suggestion
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject:  Music suggestion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing Fallout 3 a lot lately, I think it would be awesome to try old 40's and 50's music in this mod like in that game.
Like "I don't want to set the world on fire" and "Bonga bonga bonga", and a few instrumentals.
It was pretty interesting how they add some nostalgia (of the time the world wasn't destroyed), and hair of humor - I found it suited the game very well.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess there's a shitload of that music for free now... The original artists are probably long dead and forgotten.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

find Andy Kaufman's bongo piece

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er... as much as I like Jazz, it won't fit the game all of the time. Fallout (originals) was not full of Jazz.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking of putting in "Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. Well, I know I shouldn't tell you guys but I just can't help myself, I'm making a flash movie with that particular song playing as the sort of intro for Fallout Wars. Very Happy Very Happy

Also, I have the .mp3s for the Fallout BGM and I'm planning to use those as music.

offtopic: Glad to have you joining the post apoc cult following TB Twisted Evil

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah...I imagine:

"I see big booms in the sky...
...red mushrooms too...
...I see them boom..."

*Sees big video with big bombs* #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see fields of green.... [cratered battlefield] ...Red roses too... [NCR guys shooting and maybe dieing] ...And I think to myself... [Tank rolls up then explodes, guy slumps out of hatch, helmet falling from head exposing fallout wars logo in it]... What a wonderful world...

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Louis Armstrong has made plenty of excellent music during his career, it's so wonderful. Very ironic and in a sense wondrous to hear his music going during the apocalypse. Beautiful music and ultimate doom are the best of friends me thinks Smile.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v2:

"I see big booms in the sky...
...red mushrooms too...
...I see them boom...
...just like you....
...and I think to myself...
..what bombfull world..."

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps that could be the menu music. That'd be pretty cool

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old music in the menu.

FallOut music in the game.

Starkiller
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm what about fallout 1? For the Mutant Race,you can put a music like the one in Necropolis and Military Base(mutant), or random encounter music. The humans can have the music like what Team Black suggested. Smile

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The plan is as far as I know, that the OST music will be used.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So... I thought, why not to put a list of songs I and others would like to have in the game:
Jeepers Creepes: This one makes sense. The wasteland is filled with all sort of strange things.
Anything Goes:Silly, but this could work. Perhaps to show the memories of rich times, before the nukes.
Maybe:The bleeding obvious, Maybe is the song of the entire fallout series.
I don't want to set the world on fire:Well, they still did it. Add some flamer squads, and you can laugh away.
A kiss to build a Dream on:Best for a score screen song.
Butcher Pete:For the melee fighting.

Q:Wait, is that it?
A:OBviously not. But this list will be open to suggestion.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I've been meaning to get a line with IVI on some of the various old pieces and whatnot. He's not responded to me though. Like for some time too.

Song of the South was another one I was thinking of, its cheery and out of place mood would work well for a game footage video or something. Some of the pre-Depression era and during pieces would work lovely too.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Starkiller
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod became inactive all of a sudden and IVI disappeared Sad

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, unfortunately it appears that way. Only time will tell.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon