Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Extract RA3 sound
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject:  Extract RA3 sound Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any1 figured out this chinese tool yet?
I havent >(

It extract RA3 sounds

2008111722111073931.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2008111722111073931.rar
 Filesize:  116.39 KB
 Downloaded:  1362 Time(s)

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That tool is nothing more than an illegal modification of my C&C3 tools and code (illegal in the sense that the chinese guy did NOT comply with the GPL) Where did you get this file? (since the guy is chinese I doubt I would be able to enforce my copyright though)

I cant read chinese (and none of the translators I have fed it to seem to be able to make any sense of it) so I dont know what the readme file says.

As for extracting RA3 sounds, you DON'T need this tool, just go to www.cncmods.net and download my latest tools. The binviewer.exe program can extract any sound from any valid manifest file (Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3) unless the sound uses the EALayer3 codec. (support for EALayer3 should be coming in the near future hopefully) Look on this forum (or on www.cncmods.net) for details of how to use it.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got that tool to working now, its slow but works.
I be testing your tools that you mentiond.
I got it from ynfox.com/bbs

edit: can you give me direct link to the tool you are talknig about? (this binviewer) There are so many tools there Sad

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go to www.cncmods.net and download the "SDK extras" tools. Then inside there should be binopener.exe. On the front page of www.cncmods.net is instructions on how to use it (and bigextract.exe) to extract audio from RA3.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I can read Chinese. Here's the original readme and a version translated by me.

Original:
Quote:
说明:
ra3audioextract.exe为红色警报3的音效提取工具,可以有效的提取ra3的所有音效

使用方法:
1.填写好音效文件代码(附件的3个txt文件里面有详细代码)
2.选好输出路径
3.点击“解压”

输出文件格式为wav。
需要机器上装有红色警报3和vc2008支持库

made by GYC

Translated:
Quote:
Readme:
ra3audioextract.exe is an audio extraction tool for Red Alert 3, it can extract all sound effects from Red Alert 3.

Instructions:
1. Fill in the sound effect's codename. (The 3 included txt files have all the codenames)
2. Choose the path for extraction.
3. Click “解压” (which means extract).

The extracted file is in wav format. It is required for to have Red Alert 3 and vc2008 installed.

made by GYC

guogss
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ENGLISH VERSION is here!

audioextract.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  audioextract.rar
 Filesize:  116.03 KB
 Downloaded:  1264 Time(s)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic fail?

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewGuy, use Jonwill's official tool dl (the original tool).

Others, stop posting illegal dl of Jonwil's program!

guogss
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jonwil
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The program is binviewer.exe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have a problem with the audioextracter from cncmods.net.

i finaly found the ocbig editor in version 0.62, so i can explor the manifest file in it *happy*

but when i klick on the audioextractor.exe, nothing happens.
where is the problem? fond nothing on your page.

please help!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

binview asks me for d39x9_29.dll wen i try to open it Sad(

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to google the .dll and place it in the directory.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject:  ERROR? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why I am always get errors and crashed when using binviewer to extract audio files??

And some of other programs that looks like CLI also crashed when start up. Am I did not meet some requirments?

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, there are still people using jonwills tools? THey are kinda outdated, search for Bibbers Asset Extractor. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum