Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey News.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 4 [183 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject:  Tiberian Odyssey News.
Subject description: Recent news and changes.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, welcome to the news thread. This thread will contain specific announcements regarding TO, whether it be new media, information regarding the mod or miscellaneous details in general. This thread will make it easier for you to check development and find out what is going on in TO.

Firstly, I left leading Tiberian Odyssey in June 2006, this was because I had to move from my home country, England to start a new life in Australia, everything has gone very smoothly and very well and I would say the transitions both physically and mentally are now over. Now however, I have returned back to this mod as the Project Leader, July 2008, which is a great deal of time since I left, the management of Tiberian Odyssey has been fully handed over to myself and I will of course, be doing my best to make sure this mod is developed smoothly and properly and that you will actually have a product to finally play. Laughing

Hopefully you would have noticed there has been a large scale forum rearrangement and many new threads and sub forums have popped up and I hope the new layout will make accessing specific areas of Tiberian Odyssey easier. More importantly I have also been uploading a great deal of new media for you all to look at, I feel it has been more than too long for the community to not see threads which show ingame units as well as voxel viewer shots and I have been continuously updating these forums and I will continue to do so.

Lastly I would like to say I am very happy to be back working on Tiberian Odyssey again and I will be doing my very best on this project.

- Morpher out.

Last edited by Morpher on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back Comman-erm... Morpher!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back. Begin with morphing the Tiberian environment A.S.A.P.

#Tongue

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not exactly news, but more of a request and letting you know of our mods current situation. Whilst I'm working hard away on TO 4.0 the series I'm hoping to be a public demo version or potential release version, it can't escape anyone on the staff that the team is made up of basically mappers. Whilst a lot of people think TO has Gangster, Holy Master, Area52 and etc, the truth is we don't, TO has no voxelers, no shpers, no audio staff and no active 3d modelers and unfortunately that situation makes motivation very hard to find for the entire team, hence why I'm posting.

TO is in need of the following:

Voxel artists.
Shp artists (preferably infantry and explosions).
Audio artists.
3d modelers (building artists).

If you feel you would like to help TO and have any of the skills above you feel would be useful to TO, then please let us know and show us some examples of your work Smile.

Thanks.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can help out on audio and possibly artwork.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're kidding me are you? 0.o I thought this mod progress was up running in full speed Confused I haven't mod TS in a long time however, I'll be able make a voxel or two as long as there are concept for me to work from. Smile

My voxelling work goes quicker if the concept is in blueprint layout i.e: top, right, front, and perspective view. Wink

also, I didn't know you were FlashGerbil I thought you were some random person..which is in my block list

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TheRatsInTheWalls - Audio input would be brilliant, sound effects such as explosions, aircraft taking off and landing and etc are whats needed, if you have any work you could pass on to me that would be great thanks Wink.

Gamingroach - Unfortunately I'm not kidding, however I've seen a lot of your voxel work and it's really great quality, voxels we need doing would be simply finishing off the unit list, we can provide concepts and artwork for you courtesy of our awesome artist AudioPulse Smile.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am awesome?

Weeeeee!^^

Ah, nonetheless - I think my work is solid but not awesome in comparison to people who actually had some practice. BUT I think I can supply you, Gamingroach.
Morpher showed me a Jet you made - actually - nice work! Smile

yup, neptune size!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After being provided with samples of his work Gamingroach is now the newest addition to TO Smile.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, we could DEFINITELY use a hand on our navy!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whilst there is little activity in the forums there is a lot of activity on the mod and the latest build 4.0, which like I said, I am hoping will be a good base for a public demo (fingers crossed). Unfortunately staff input has not been brilliantly high recently, as we are all busy and occupied with life #Tongue but rest assured the mod is actually getting done and is shaping up quite nicely.

Currently I am going through updating the forums with additional information from the Tiberian Odyssey Universe Document (yeah we actually have one), it's nothing much, just more explanation and insight into the TO universe for those who are interested. At the moment, the Argonaut, Ares, Hover MLRS and Disruptor thread have updated information, nothing special, just for those who like to read.

Some good news is however, I think I fixed my computer which I was having trouble with and posted regarding it in the Offtopic section, thanks to everyone who posted but I think it was Hyper who nailed the problem when he mentioned thermal gel. This now means I can play test TO much much faster and ultimately work on it without distractions like my machine turning off.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, sounds good.

I can't (INSERT PROFANITY HERE) for this mod, or demo of this mod.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those who are interested I recently finished and staff released the latest version of Tiberian Odyssey, which is 4.0. As I mentioned I'm hoping the 4. series will be the public release. Once the staff have given me appropriate feedback I'll be able to continue the work, however I must say the change log between 3.9 to the new 4.0 is very large and exhaustive, I am trying my best to make sure this version will be fit for public to play.

Unfortunately whilst coding and progress in that aspect is positive we are still in a very low output and progression when it comes to Infantry, voxels and buildings. I can say that production in that area has basically ground to none at all, we either have WIP or unfinished work, or no work at all, and some of this media is critical to the success of a public release. However, I have posted many times, new staff and people willing to help TO are appreciated and welcomed. Smile.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yey! Some action!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an FYI, my US Military training has all but halted my productivity, however, when I return home on leave, and then report to my duty station, I can then return to work on Odyssey. I'll have plenty of time while on leave, and enough to cope with when i report to my duty station.

As always, I'm doing what I can to support my teammates. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To everybody's amazement I have done some serious forum updating, on existing topics and added a few new things for you to look at, mainly I have focused on infantry. If you want a read and to a see a few pics check out the Brotherhood infantry topic or if you fancy seeing what G.D.I. has on offer than scout over there (I have to admit the G.D.I. infantry pics weren't that good better than nothing). I also uploaded a few logos, and one, perhaps more mysterious logo for you all to look at #Tongue.

In other news I am doing a lot of work on TO, as I have said multiple times I am wanting this to be the public version. 4.1 is the build I am working on now, and I have applied thousands of fixes and changes since the 4.0 series. Unfortunately graphics wise things are still lacking, TO is still in need of a voxeler and additional help would be appreciated.

I'm also very happy to say that now in the 4.1 build, TO is proud to have a total of 10 unique and built from scratch sound tracks, work on the OST is relatively slow, but none the less it's moving, so definitely expect updates soon!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for the update. I'll check out the new stuff.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morp, I can do our voxeling, what do we need done?

The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Large update!.

If you wonder over to the Nod Structures area you'll find some cool new renders of the Tiberium Silo and Power Plant, as well as few extra cameos displayed in the existing threads. Also the new and revamped TO menu has been uploaded. This has changed text from Tiberium Odyssey to Tiberian Odyssey, as well as a new loading screen and Skirmish / Ingame Menu background.

And of course very importantly, we have uploaded a collection of sound tracks for you to listen to. Some of these you may have heard before, however there are some brand new ones for you to listen to! Smile.

Also, the work being done on TO 4.1 recently has been very good. Many big fixes and graphical updates have been implemented and a public release is well on the way. Expect updates very soon!

EDIT A large amount of topics in the G.D.I. and Nod section have had additional graphics (mainly cameos) added to them recently.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the beta/release are you expecting completed graphics for both sides?

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is what we're aiming for. Smile

We already have a lot of graphics done, but we still need quite a few buildings, especially the higher tech stuff such as the Nod radar, temple of Nod, tech center and missile silo... #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You cant do that, no way...

At least get one side done, going for two is murder.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote:
That is what we're aiming for.

So it's not absolutely necessary for us to finish both sides first, but it is preferable. Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True but if you release a build with all of GDIs buildings and half of Nods done, when Nod is finished it wont be as amazing. Personally its better to wait and get a full package than get bits dribbled through... and hey its been going long enough, a while longer wont harm anyone.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with TPAM.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm...

Id prefer it to release TO "bit-wise". So that the first public version contains only low-level-buildings and basic infantry and one or two maps to test the game itself. Just like the first TD-mission where you had nothing else than a pimple-powerplant and a shabby barracks next to your Conyard.
Following Public-releases could contain more Units, Buildings or other Tech as well as new maps.

That way you wouldnt have to wait another six months to get a look ingame and yet wouldnt suffer because of missing or unfinished new content Wink

yup, neptune size!

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher and I went over the idea of a demo about 12/9 months ago, but we didn't think it was a good idea after all...

Right now things are (for a change #Tongue) going rather smooth, although we still need help of course. TO is coming along slowly, 3D models and voxels are the biggest problems right now... SP mapping is not a big problem, but I don't think we will be releasing the campaign in the first version.

We will be cutting up the release, yes, but the general idea is to release the sides, fully coded and with 95% of the graphics.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
Id prefer it to release TO "bit-wise". So that the first public version contains only low-level-buildings and basic infantry and one or two maps to test the game itself. Just like the first TD-mission where you had nothing else than a pimple-powerplant and a shabby barracks next to your Conyard.
Following Public-releases could contain more Units, Buildings or other Tech as well as new maps.Wink
Excelent idea IMO.

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iron Cathedral wrote:
Audiopulse wrote:
Following Public-releases could contain more Units, Buildings or other Tech as well as new maps.Wink
Excelent idea IMO.

In other words a demo.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tartan Bunny wrote:
Iron Cathedral wrote:
Audiopulse wrote:
Excelent idea IMO.

In other words a demo.

Nope. Episodic.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Tartan Bunny wrote:
Iron Cathedral wrote:
Audiopulse wrote:
Excelent idea IMO.

In other words a demo.

Nope. Episodic.

Well - episodic demos so-to-say. yes. Just that the Demo isnt there to lure customers, but represents the current public state of the game... :>

yup, neptune size!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds fine to me.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, maybe, but morpher and titan dont like that idea, so - obsolete thougts...

yup, neptune size!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its better than a beta release with incomplete graphics...

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:

And just like the first TD-mission you will play it only once or twice before it becomes boring since you only have the most basic units. Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add more things to work toward. Like easter eggs. Or capturable structures in hard to reach regions.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stygs wrote:
Audiopulse wrote:

And just like the first TD-mission you will play it only once or twice before it becomes boring since you only have the most basic units. Wink

Ah, right - so - instead we`ll release ... nothing! Aaaah, much better, eh? Wink

yup, neptune size!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By golly, he's got it; hes captured it and strangled it and wrung it dry, then nailed it down on the floor. Props all 'round.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One big release would have everything this mod deserves:

Novelty - New and Improved TS, doesn't everyone want it?

Scale - Sitting back and playing a finished mod is always more rewarding than play four buildings and light infantry.

Happy PPM - You'd be finished, you would only have to sew up minor bugs and take the pat on the back for all your work.

More chance of finishing - Dusk is a good case to make for this, I wish that Judea would go back to work on it, but three beta releases seems to be all we get.

Please, I beg that you finish before releasing TO.

EDIT: Three releases, yeah - next time I'll check my facts.

Last edited by Orac on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fully agree with Orac.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

Dusk is a good case to make for this, I wish that Judea would go back to work on it, but one beta release seems to be all we get.

Dusk had 3 releases. O_o

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
One big release would have everything this mod deserves:

Novelty - New and Improved TS, doesn't everyone want it?

Scale - Sitting back and playing a finished mod is always more rewarding than play four buildings and light infantry.

Happy PPM - You'd be finished, you would only have to sew up minor bugs and take the pat on the back for all your work.

More chance of finishing - Dusk is a good case to make for this, I wish that Judea would go back to work on it, but one beta release seems to be all we get.

Please, I beg that you finish before releasing TO.

Good arguing, im persuaded...

yup, neptune size!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, when you put like that, it sounds like the proper way to go.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, just wondering whats happenening wit this mod

anything ?

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Progress is happening. :>

yup, neptune size!

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By not posting updates, people may think it's dead and they will stop thinking about the mod. Confused

But there has been progress! Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we're seeing excellent models by Roboboppapop, and Orac and Sane are hammering away the voxels.
Morpher's poking Luke on the BuildConst tag, and I'm researching the "maybe" variable and its significance to air transports.

The Team Black Index

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you not on the Staff no more SMIFF?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFF's on the TO staff? O_o

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 4 [183 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon