Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Micro Arena
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject:  Micro Arena
Subject description: need feedback/ideas
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on a heavily scripted map. No base building or unit building. your given a random army and with them you survive and try to kill the other players army.

There will be 2 trigger areas on the map that enables every 2-3 mins and when you have a unit inside the area you'r given a random power to help you win, but only 1 player can have them when they enable, then you have to wait another 2-3 mins.

Now so far I have thought of:
1. 1 use of emperors rage level 1.
2. crate spawns and gives u a free unit.
3. all of your units are promoted.
5. King oni's transfered to you for 10 seconds (5 seconds head start to get awway from them)
6. them huge turrets in the middle are transfered to you and fire once, should kill any unit but not T3 strong stuff.
7. 1 use of allies time bomb level 1.

can you think of anything else that would be a good power but not too imba. Also do you like this idea?

And i'v already tested the scripts and they work.

ma_ss.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  871.13 KB
 Viewed:  13019 Time(s)

ma_ss.jpg

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok Scripts your askin about are quite minimal For me,
so the only problem you'd encounter here is the turrets,
5 secs is really really short and you can't set wether a unit has limited shots,or how much damage it does,also the turrets have good range(better than allied ACC),

but you could use the Turrets with a timer and platforms

IE,
*Script 1*
when timer (Ready turret team 1) and Player 1 owns units in area "Platform 1"
Then Power to turret is restored,Set timer (Black out team 1)
to expire in 30 secs.
*Script 2*
IF timer Blackout team 1 expires
Then Power down Turret,Set timer (ready Turret Team1) to expire in 2 mins
*Script 3*
IF True
Then Display Timer (Ready Turret Team 1) with string "This Uses Str. file + Title"

you could use this for each team.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No you don't understand #Tongue

TerroR wrote:

What i'm asking for is ideas for powers or anything else that would make this map more fun.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
No you don't understand #Tongue

TerroR wrote:

What i'm asking for is ideas for powers or anything else that would make this map more fun.

well,
you can add chrono swap lots of possible tactics with that.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about this: You get a crate, and that crate will spawn an arty unit on the platform in the middle.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

this logic is broken as it will only spawn a copy of the unit you used to "run over" the crate (not a random new one) and this cloned unit will not be able to use its support power.
eg if you clone mcv that mcv will not be deployable.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revolutionary wrote:
Quote:

this logic is broken as it will only spawn a copy of the unit you used to "run over" the crate (not a random new one) and this cloned unit will not be able to use its support power.
eg if you clone mcv that mcv will not be deployable.

Thx I didn't notice that, thats kinda useless having a free unit with no ability. I'll have to script it and not have the crate give the free unit.

Also does anyone know why RA3 crashes sometimes on custom maps the second time you load it?

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about an invisible bridge that leads out to the platform???

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't think it's possible to have an invis bridge but it is possible to have 1 spawn but there's no good enough reason to be on the center platform. Keep the ideas coming tho

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:

Thx I didn't notice that, thats kinda useless having a free unit with no ability. I'll have to script it and not have the crate give the free unit.

Also does anyone know why RA3 crashes sometimes on custom maps the second time you load it?

Yes,
Its because you have a factor in your map which can't be handled in normal cases,this can be caused by many things, i found that there was 2 civilian factions in mine, but now its crashing everytime the map ends.
It use to work fine since i killed the 2nd civilain faction however i got a new problem.
you should try searching for something which gives it reason to crash like bad script or team.
to start you can use the validation option,
to see if it can find out for you.

*note*
I found out what was wrong with mine lol,
I changed the teams option (build from old system) to a empty box
which caused my map to crash at the end :O.
the crash which you discribe happened to me because i used a faulty script which didn't rotate my camera (at least thats what i think).
you should keep looking for the fault in the scripts,
Hope i've helped.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks forgotten you fixed it. I had duplicates of the civilian player in players list.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
Thanks forgotten you fixed it. I had duplicates of the civilian player in players list.

Np Laughing Wink ,
you only get it from copying other objects froms another map without setting them to a neutral team,
you get a new civilian team.

Map new AOD is back under construction after about 2-3 major crashing problems and a faulty AI. but apart from that everything is now working.

Would you help me test my AOD map Terror?
Needs to be a hamachi though, cause the max amount of yurikos that are allowed to die are 3 out of 5,
you'll gain creds on map for it,You don't have to though Wink .

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
but there's no good enough reason to be on the center platform

Umm... if you controll the center platform, you kinda conntroll the entire center area.

As for ideas, what about a living Hamburger that eats everything that gets into range???

Nahh, that´s stupid. The REAL idea is this: Ballon Bombs can drop out of the sky at random moments on some places.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum