Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
In-Game Screenshots
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [229 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject:  In-Game Screenshots Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this days I am working on convertion renders to SHP. And doind terrain as well.

01_17_2009.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  225 KB
 Viewed:  48891 Time(s)

01_17_2009.PNG

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stunning. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this RA2 we're looking at? #Tongue

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would you please use my titan lol

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your work Godlike Gangster. Surprised nothing better than TS with highter quality graphic. and you done it. Very Happy

i wonder how you work with texture,it look very similar compare with original!

can you show me closer view of render? please... Razz

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make the damn CY to 4x4 already Razz

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like the Hover MRLS very much, it needs some normals work done. The rest looks great.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO the Hover MLRS should be remade as SHP (since SHPs look better and their only downside is they can't tilt, which hover units don't do anyways)... Although I'm not sure whether anyone did a 32-facing hack for RA2 yet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, the shadows are inconsistent. The infantry shadows are pointing towards the southeast, while the power plants' shadows are pointing northeast.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The infantry (stupid Westwood, always messing up things like shadows) are what you need to change. Not the buildings.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all. Your positive reaction is a best motivation resourse to me. Very Happy

Now i ll give some answers on you coments.

Quote:
Is this RA2 we're looking at? #Tongue

Yup. This is a YR engine pimped up with NPAE. It helps me to solve some problems with logic like:
EMP weapon and SW, Drop Pod SW, Hunter-Seeker SW, Beam weapon color, Multi-Engineer and Tech Level Slider. It even have a hack for Weeds logic (They are grow and can be harvested, but doesn't affect on gameplay yet). I have had some plans on RP2 but have no idea will it be better for this project. Alot of TS stuff doestn have any work arounds yet. Good example is Laser Fence or Firestorm Generator for GDI.

Quote:
would you please use my titan

Sertanly yes. I have planed to ask you for it. Very Happy

Quote:
i wonder how you work with texture,it look very similar compare with original!

can you show me closer view of render? please...

Seems you are not familiar with my models at all. Or have never downloaded my models for Tiberian Odysee. I am not using textures but materials only.
Anyway... this stuff doesnt looks any better in hi-res. It have been made to looks good as it now. Step left, step right and it start looking like pile of s*t Smile Belive me you are better in modeling than i.

Quote:
Make the damn CY to 4x4 already

CY have had a 3x3 foundation in TS. So it will be a 3x3 here in ReWire. For thouse who doent agree i have two options: a) go shot your self Very Happy or b) wait for a special patch that will go right after release of mod. It will contain some changes i have been asked all the time like changed foundations for some buildings, fully working Dropships, Flamethorwer weapon for Cyborg Commando, RA2 Style cameos and some others:)

Quote:
I don't like the Hover MRLS....
Also, the shadows are inconsistent...

Both have come directly from TS. But i ll try to do my best to fix it. Thanks for constructive critic. Smile

Aslo there is no hack for 32-face SHP Units for RA2. The rumors said that PD do know how to fix it but have no idea will he help ReWire project (.. and Reign of Steel too Smile ) or not.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good, but I think the flag in the barracks is a little to big. Can you make it a little smaller? Smile

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it? Confused

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^
Considering that it is taller than the entrance of the barracks where fully armoured infantry, who are probably at the very least 6 feet tall, come out-- yeah, I'd say the flag is a little too big.
Also, it's missing a shadow. #Tongue

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Animations can't have shadows Sad .. as for size i ll make it little smaller.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Animations can't have shadows Sad .. as for size i ll make it little smaller.

This is a YR mod right? If so: animation can have shadow in Yuris Revenge, but not in TS.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Animations can't have shadows Sad

Yes they can. In both TS and YR. Nod Radar for example. Soviet Radar in YR as well. How long have you guys been modding these engines to still be making these kinds of mistakes!?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well.. this was not obvios. I have checked TS Barracks and TS Radars (You are wrong about Nod one btw) before do rendering of mine own ones. All of them have had no animated shadow for some reason.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks like a really good project. Cant wait to see more.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
(You are wrong about Nod one btw)

That building was an example that I did not double check. The point is, you can have building animations (active, production, idle, damaged versions) all with shadows in both TS and YR. I should know since I had it working on the flag's shadow for the EBN Barracks in Taktics.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that people pointed it out, the flag should indeed be a lot smaller. Look at this render made by David Potter, a WW employee.

See that tiny blue figure standing in the entrance? THAT's an infantry unit.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe you should make the barracks 4x4 instead Gangster Very Happy

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

24x24 ...

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old stuff sucks hard.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Gangster!

Cant go wrong with you can we? Brilliant work my friend, absolutly brilliant...

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work, Borat (#Tongue).

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CY now have new image. ..3x3.. Rolling Eyes

and PP turbines' coordinates now set correctly Smile

oh.. almost forgot to mention a road #Tongue

01_20_2009.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  287.47 KB
 Viewed:  48520 Time(s)

01_20_2009.PNG

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That road is SEXY! Also, lol, craters in the wrong palette.

Julius Clonkus
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is concentrated awesome, if this plays exactly like the original TS, then good job (altough you already did a good job at gfxing stuff)

But, since when does GDI have armed harvesters? Get rid off the war miner turret! Laughing

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the new construction yard looks pretty good, even in 3x3 #Tongue

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good work on the buidlings, but I can spot a few dodgy bits on the construction yard. The random light spots below the fans on the grey slot thingy should be removed, and the subtle shadow on the back bars should be lightened.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*bump*

Gangster you said you came back a while ago but we have yet to see anything uber awesome #Tongue you must show us some of your latest work Very Happy

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, updates!!! This cool mod went so well what happend?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
. Good example is Laser Fence or Firestorm Generator for GDI.

In RP2/Ares already #Tongue

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jesus H Christ. It's beautiful. However: The Component tower and Vulcan upgrade both lack a shadow and so does the flag on the barracks.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Component Tower is my concern I don't pay enough attention to shadows when the art's this good to notice details. Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lack of shadows is obvious IMO, but it is very nice.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my lord...

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this make TS look like shit
are you going to create a new firestorm wall and laserfence?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, looks nice! Which ones are originally made by me and later totally remade by you?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
lack a shadow

it must be on its place. i need to find out what happened to it :\

btw does anybody can tell for sure, will turret's shadow work?

Quote:
are you going to create a new firestorm wall and laserfence?

already done. I did a fs wall and DonutArnold did a laser fence. However i want to see Ares released before i ll start convertering frames

Quote:
Which ones are originally made by me and later totally remade by you?

Concrete wall. I havnt use your Refinery because i have had my own already.

And if you could scroll screenshot you whould see a Nod player building yours PPs Smile

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

turrets can have shadows but might look a bit silly if you can see the shadow on the ground but not on the component tower itself.
a workaround would be to include the component tower in the turret animation...
tis way you can have correct shadows on both, ground and tower.

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, mate.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The Component tower and Vulcan upgrade both lack a shadow and so does the flag on the barracks.

Also, should the wall have a visible shadow, or is it not tall enough? Oh, and you should add some dirt to it as well.

Other than that, they're all great!

How's the situation with infantry?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod outpost.

walls have shadow. they just cover it by itself. and dirt will be added.

as for infantry, i am using TS assets. and i am not going to do my own in near future.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Gangster,

You remember that thread in the TS:AE staff?

Yeah...

Very Happy

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah.. Very Happy But i thought this is a TOP SECRET!!11

Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I usually do not care for anything but TS mods, but this is unbelieveably awesome. Can't wait for it to be playable.

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is so epic I made a news post about it. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [229 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon