Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Screenshots from v 1.3
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject:  Screenshots from v 1.3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets start with new alien trooper hope you like it

alien_trooper_ingame2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.12 KB
 Viewed:  31294 Time(s)

alien_trooper_ingame2.JPG

alien_trooper_ingame.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.05 KB

alien_trooper_ingame.JPG

Alien_trooper_westwood_carnius.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.83 KB

Alien_trooper_westwood_carnius.JPG

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And now something you know from tiberium sun, Disruptor, Cyborg Commando and retextured GDI infantry to TS style

disruptor_ingame.JPG
 Description:
Disruptor or Sonic Tank, i have made him less sharp edged than he was in TS to match cnc3 style and changed some details so now looks like advanced version of TS disruptor
 Filesize:  226.1 KB
 Viewed:  31282 Time(s)

disruptor_ingame.JPG

cybcommando.JPG
 Description:
I have changed some details here and there but overall it is cyborg commando
 Filesize:  35.01 KB

cybcommando.JPG

cnc3game_JCH_CC.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.17 KB

cnc3game_JCH_CC.JPG

GDI_infantry.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.81 KB

GDI_infantry.JPG

GDI_infantry02.JPG
 Description:
as you can see new sniper has helmet and suit designed for survive in tiberium contaminated enviroment as other infantry and I have also removed "light saber" style laser from his sniper rifle
and grenadier is armed with discs not rugby balls :)
 Filesize:  32.34 KB

GDI_infantry02.JPG

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the scrin concept art was a giant mech. Confused
They look good as infantry though!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to see that Dizzy firing!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote
Quote:

I want to see that Dizzy firing!

I´m still working on that effect. I want to do it close to TS as possible in CnC3 engine so maybe next time.

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice screens Smile

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking forward to it Carn Wink

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really nice!

*cough*Don't forget the walls*cough* XD

knuckles84
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I very like the new Screens, can you tell us if the screen where made with what settings from the game (and perhaps what graphic-card) you use?

For the new Units I realy like them, but a dew questions of it:
-the Alien-Trooper, will it come as single trooper or as little group?
-the cyborg commando will it to produced with the Hand of Nod or an other factory (for the exit of the Hand of nod I find it a little big)
-for those 2 Units, will they be the counterparts of Wolverine?
-for the Disruptor, wow it looks amazing, and when they are sou good for building-destroying, it would be a great weapon again defend-buildings.
-for the Infantry changes, I have not a lot to say, because it they like never nice on screen's but in-game while playing it is a completely other thing.

-You have already made a lot of new Unites, and with them from the Original-game, the choice witch Unites I will use become a more a personal preference as a strategy choice.
I know it will be very hard to become a good balance be why not make sub-factions (from other mod's I have seen that it works), like factions similar as t he original game, an the other factions with you stile and Unites. That would make the Multi-Player game a lot funnier.

-for an other point in non of the screen the Icon's are visible, so question where you able to fix the ugly-icon Problem!

after all, very thanks for the news, you make a professional work.
watch for the release Smile

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a unit I suggest for your mod: The Scrin Primal. It could walk using those 3 legs, like most other Scrin walkers. The attack seen here could be an ability that works like the Shogun Executioner's ability from RA3.

And maybe you should modify the Sonic Emitter to look more like your Disruptor...

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here comes feedback

GDI Infantry
Rifle and Grenadier reskins look a little dark (you can see how the housecoloured vests and straps are much brighter). Maybe increase brightness of the uniform a little bit so that it matches the lightness of the housecolour, that way you won't get glaring colour patches on your troops...

Oh and thanks for actually removing the solid lasers from the sniper rifles. Looks so much better now.

As for the disk grenades, if possible try not to make the disks fly in a high arc like the grenades. Should be more frisbee-like if you get what I mean.

Alien Trooper
The Scrin trooper looks good too, although I think the lower legs with their purple air vent like lines are a little weird. Plus, it'll need a better name than the generic-sounding "Alien Trooper". Anything from "Sentinel" to "Stalker" (or if desperate, rip a name from the Tiberium FPS) should suffice.

btw how is this unit going to be different from the Shock Trooper in terms of gameplay? I hope we don't end up with 2 elite infantry that simply lob plasma at the enemy. Try and give them some ability to make them unique.

Cyborg Commando
You know I'm gonna say the same thing that I've said about the other cyborgs... it's too big! But seriously other than that the design is great.

knuckles84 wrote:

-the cyborg commando will it to produced with the Hand of Nod or an other factory (for the exit of the Hand of nod I find it a little big)

The existing cyborgs are already too big. They clip through the roof of the Hand of Nod when they exit.

Disruptor
Well in terms of awesome, this is definitely the polar opposite of the Shatterer (which no one except Purplescrin likes)

Razz

If I had to suggest anything to be improved, probably the sonic dish. I think it could use a few vertical lines (and maybe one horizontal line) across it. Something like the dish on Eric Gooch's Disruptor concept.

http://www.cybergooch.com/pages/tibsunarchive/disruptor.htm

If done right, lines should give the dish more visible detail so it won't look like a single strip of metal with something in the middle. Preferably vertical lines on the parts of the dish where it bends should accentuate the bends even more.

Best of luck for 1.3 and remember to fix the Cobra.

The white lady~!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These pics look epic! But as Valdez said, the cyborgs are much too big, especially the Commando. Decrease the normal Cyborg size to just a bit bigger than normal infantry (Zone Trooper size would be perfect), and give the Commando the size of the current Cyborgs

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
give the Commando the size of the current Cyborgs

FYI the size of the current cyborgs is:

I swear... every time I use the Subterranean strike I get funny scenes like this.

I've mentioned the scaling issue before. Carnius doesn't seem to be going to change it (probably since it'll require redoing the animations)

The white lady~!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a cyborg, and it's a commando. Doesn't that mean it's supposed to be big? In TS it was also bigger then all other infantry, so why not here? Maybe the HoN is just too small #Tongue

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Doesn't that mean it's supposed to be big?

I think there are limitations to exactly how big a human can look before it stops looking, well... human. I think Zone Trooper-size should work enough, definitely not the huge mega sized Cyborgs we've seen in TE

Dutchygamer wrote:
Maybe the HoN is just too small #Tongue

Everything is too small in C&C 3. None of the structures are realistically scaled.

btw seems Carnius didn't post Rimtech's TE logo

Well frankly to me it looks more like a menu screen than a logo... plus I'm not entirely liking the fact that it eschewed the traditional C&C logo style and went all generic in font.

The white lady~!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
the Alien-Trooper, will it come as single trooper or as little group?

Two per squad, but they will be very tough

Valdes wrote:
Quote:
Alien Trooper
The Scrin trooper looks good too, although I think the lower legs with their purple air vent like lines are a little weird. Plus, it'll need a better name than the generic-sounding "Alien Trooper". Anything from "Sentinel" to "Stalker" (or if desperate, rip a name from the Tiberium FPS) should suffice.
btw how is this unit going to be different from the Shock Trooper in terms of gameplay? I hope we don't end up with 2 elite infantry that simply lob plasma at the enemy. Try and give them some ability to make them unique.

Yes they are weird but they are aliens so i think they can be, you know, weird Smile

I should wrote in my firs post that name Alien trooper is temporary (my bad), i just don´t have good name for these guys yet. I was thinking of "overlords guard" or something like that, but Sentinel sound good too Wink.

About they role in game. Its tier 2 unit. Unlike shock troopers which are good vs vehicles and aircraft, these guys got two weapons. In default setting they are armed with ranged weapon (might be called fusion gun) good vs structures and infantry and they can switch to secondary weapon which is close combat spike, good vs vehicles and infantry, but mammoth and walkers can crush them so they cant kill everything. Also flamers and snipers can kill them quite fast.

BTW What was that name in tiberium FPS? I did not payed much attention to this game because its design was too far from tiberium universe and too close to battlefield 2145 and now its (fortunately) dead game.

Quote:
Cyborg Commando
You know I'm gonna say the same thing that I've said about the other cyborgs... it's too big! But seriously other than that the design is great.

knuckles84 wrote:
Quote:

The existing cyborgs are already too big. They clip through the roof of the Hand of Nod when they exit.

Again the problems with size. Of course you right, they should be smaller. I reconsider size of cyborgs. If their rescaling do not make serious problem I think I can make them smaller.
But not cyborg commando, its unique unit and should be noticeable and i have heard that it was as big as wolverine. Also not much left from human on him, just brain and maybe torso, so the size of body can be much bigger. I think the same about Reaper.

The other problem is where he can be build. Right now is produced on hand of nod where should be, but he clipping trough roof when came out. I don´t know how make it look better. Maybe make him walk on all four (but some nod fans can stone me for this Smile) or just ignore it Sad

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnius wrote:

BTW What was that name in tiberium FPS?

Archon.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Archon

FYI it's a greek work meaning "ruler" and the name is probably part of the greek motif used for Scrin (like Ichor, another Greek term)

However since the Archon is already an established name for that unit in Tiberium FPS, I don't think it's suitable for your alien trooper.

"Sentinel" does have a nice ring to it but since that name is associated with "guarding" or "standing watch", a name like "Stalwart" might be better as it accurately represents the strength and toughness of the unit.

Carnius wrote:

i have heard that it was as big as wolverine

I've never really heard anything like that actually. Personally to my knowledge it is still around human size, allowing it to enter APCs and stuff, you get the idea. If it were wolverine-sized (which is about 2.5 times the size of a human), it should logically be regarded as vehicle-class similar to Cyborg Reaper Smile

Even the human being in your Cyborg Reaper follows the size of your Cyborgs, not the size of average human, so it's an oversized human on a 4-legged chassis...

btw is the Cyborg Commando going to replace the current Nod hero unit?

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh enough with the scaling #Tongue If you're actually playing at maximum zoom-out, it doesn't really matter...or does it? #Tongue

Let's take it to the extreme:

Now wouldn't that...ship...make the Devvie and Carrier look smaller? I do wonder what it is. *Imagines implementation*

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone plays at maximum zoom out because in C&C 3 (and practically every other RTS), the maximum zoom is the default zoom.

Due to downscaled vehicles, structures and aircraft relative to infantry and civilian buildings, one would likely not notice the Cyborg size discrepency, that is until you see Cyborgs beside other infantry, or Cyborgs coming out of a Hand of Nod.

That ship I believe is the alpha design of the PAC. There's a concept art somewhere bearing resemblance. I like that design compared to the finalised PAC which looks like a fish bone when its fighters are attached

That being said I'd love to have the Scrin vessels enlarged. They look puny. Especially the Mothership which is 90% empty space (its central component is hollow on the inside and smaller than a drone ship) and it looks more like a giant Scrin UCAV (basically a flying cannon drone) than what people normally associate with Motherships.

The white lady~!

knuckles84
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no Problems with the Scales, because everything in C&C is not good scaled, see TiberianSun. And it is a game, not real life.

What i do not so like are graphic glitches, like a bigboy come out of the Hand of Nod.
And here a little point, the Reaper for the moment comes too from the War-Factory what i do not find to good because it is more a Cyborg as a vehicle/machine
So here my idea:
Make a Cyborg-Factory

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Oh enough with the scaling #Tongue If you're actually playing at maximum zoom-out, it doesn't really matter...or does it? #Tongue

Let's take it to the extreme:

Now wouldn't that...ship...make the Devvie and Carrier look smaller? I do wonder what it is. *Imagines implementation*

That's the original model for the PAC. There's even a concept for it:

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, Carnius...What do you think about my idea of the Scrin Primal? Scroll up to the artwork, there's my suggestion underneath the pic.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If someone could create a model of that and release it, he would be God #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:

A model of what, exactly? #Tongue
The Primal or the original PAC?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant the PAC, but you made your post a bit earlier. We already have the Primal: it's called the Annihilator Tripod #Tongue

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

knuckles84 wrote:

And here a little point, the Reaper for the moment comes too from the War-Factory what i do not find to good because it is more a Cyborg as a vehicle/machine
So here my idea:
Make a Cyborg-Factory

In FS the Cyborg Reaper already came out of War Factories.

And it's rather dumb to have to make an entirely new structure just to purchase Cyborg units. It's exactly like the case with the Dropship Bay in 1.0 with no purpose other than to call in the mammoth Mk II which is why I had suggested to Carnius to let the Space Uplink Command have a landing pad to call in the mammoth instead.

The white lady~!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
I meant the PAC, but you made your post a bit earlier. We already have the Primal: it's called the Annihilator iPod #Tongue

Does it blast music?

...okay that was lame.

Although the Primal looks more...destructive-ly than the Tripod which seems to wobble around when walking =/ Looks fierce, too.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:

Then EA seems to be god #Tongue

If you didnt notice: The basic PAC design seems to be used ingame - its the centre of the mothership, just slightly edited...

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:

Does it blast music?

The howling sound coming from its weapon tops the charts constantly on the Ichor Hub.

Destiny wrote:

Although the Primal looks more...destructive-ly than the Tripod which seems to wobble around when walking =/ Looks fierce, too.

Well it produces a big boom. How many Scrin weapons out there produce a big boom aside from Catalyst Cannon? None. They all produce little light flashes here and there.

Stygs wrote:

If you didnt notice: The basic PAC design seems to be used ingame - its the centre of the mothership, just slightly edited...

I dunno about "slightly" I did go take a look:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2255/sshot0035fb2.png

...and the thing has been compressed to a huge extent. It's puny Razz

If it were along the dimensions of the Drone Ship it'd be better.

The white lady~!

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm surprised that people have this strange view on the Scrin Primal. It's floating I think, in a way more similar to the Overlord in Starcraft and the Kirov airship. That's what I thought anyway, since it didn't make any sense for me that it would just jump up by firing like some trigger-happy cowboy.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, now this is some sexy material.

hammerfest83
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:
I'm surprised that people have this strange view on the Scrin Primal. It's floating I think, in a way more similar to the Overlord in Starcraft and the Kirov airship. That's what I thought anyway, since it didn't make any sense for me that it would just jump up by firing like some trigger-happy cowboy.

Agree.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:

I always thought it would levitate when unleashing the explosion...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon