Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Name changes will stop in less than 24 hours.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:  Name changes will stop in less than 24 hours.
Subject description: You'll no longer be able to change your name at your own.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's it. In less than 24 hours, I'll disable the ability to change name on your own. And also, I will not change anyone's name, unless there is an extremely good reason behind it.

So, if you changed your name inumerous times, pick your original name now or it will be too late.

I don't wanna see people hiding behind other names to not face the consequences of their own stupid actions.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, what the hell has happened that you are doing this stuff Banshee #Tongue Not that I disagree with this, I mean, why change names every x weeks?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This not a consequence of one topic or the last 24 hours. It is actually a measure against something horrible that has been happening at this place for ages.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well to be honest some of the topics that have happened recently would have embarassed me, if I were Banshee. Stuff like that doesnt give a good image of the forum... especially to non-regular visitors, new users or guests.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many topics have been embarrasing me for ages.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm satisfied with this solution as it became really confusing with some using 2-5 different names and changing them continuously.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I changed my name every now and then cause I get bored really easily, but Aro is the best simply cause it's what I'm called everywhere (real-life and all).

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yea, and people call me Hyper in RL, so im fine there #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh shut up Luke. #Tongue I've had this nickname since I was 10.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh no, how much longer do I have to decide between DaFool and......dafool!!11!11!111

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That actually sounds rather nice considering how annoying it is for people to constantly change their names. The internet is impersonal enough without this nonsense going on.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is something I have thought of as a flaw since post counts have been disabled.

During the fun of the team virus, the only way of identifying people was by their post counts, once that was disabled if another team virus type of thing was started, there would be absolute chaos:P I dont see anything that has happened in the last 24 hours being as bad as that.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... right.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont get why people need to change their name, to be honest its about time that it was locked, good to hear Banshee Very Happy

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*changes to Kagami*

*fails*

Yea, the Team virus was bad enough.

Orion X
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lame.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't even think about Team Virus before doing this change.

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it seems the crap has escalated to a point where liberties will be taken away...

Hope it make a difference.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The majority of forums I visit don't allow name changes, it's not really that big a deal.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And like I said to you earlier, PPM is actually the only forum I know that supported name changes.

Imagine people changing their names every day in real life. It would be utter chaos. Therefore I wholeheartedly support this idea. I've already been majorly confused by oldies popping up whose name I cannot link to anybody, just because I wasn't there to witness the change.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know the feeling.
I saw "Phobia" and was only alerted to it being The red haired birmingham dweller by the little bit of his sig that said "Formerly known as ARO"

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really this is a good change IMO, as I don't really see a need to change your own name, and it was also way chaotic.
"Phobia" did disturb me (I asked to myself new staff on TI?, and a new member?, WTH?), when I saw the new topic at TI, however I realized it was ARO when I saw that most topics in TI were posted by Phobia Laughing.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobia was awesome. #Tongue Not as awesome as MASON ROSENQUIST!!!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aro, shutup, you cumguzzling whore, you. Smile (jaykay, betch! Mr Moosey loves you!)

yes, i am now forever daTS. =]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love you too, Mr. Moosey. Very Happy

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't even know we could change our username... >_<

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:

ROFLMAO!!!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
yes, i am now forever daTS.

And order and balance are restored to the world, as well as a tad of epicness #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Yuri 09? =,(

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:

Same here, yet I'm a noob...

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My name is perfect...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like tiberiumweb's system the best, onlt 2 changes are allowed per month. That way it still leaves room for special occasions

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But that's stupid, people abuse the ability to change their nick. If anything, it should be restricted to 2 times a year, or even be admin controlled, ergo, ask the admin to change the nick for you on these "special occasions".

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Naa, just PM Banshee, and be nice. This is much better #Tongue

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Team Virus

Nice to hear my term for it is still being thrown around. #Tongue

And I don't have to worry about changing my nick, I love it the way it is.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Nice to hear my term for it is still being thrown around. #Tongue

Yeah they were good times Laughing

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been here for ages and 0 name changes. I started as Albrecht and I'll bloody well stay Albrecht! #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I request my name be changed to "The Fool"

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Been here for ages and 0 name changes. I started as Albrecht and I'll bloody well stay Albrecht! #Tongue

...ShedHead

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:

Wern´t you Lt_A1br3cht a few months ago #Tongue

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liten wrote:
Lt Albrecht wrote:

Wern´t you Lt_A1br3cht a few months ago #Tongue

Pwned.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was the same name, easily readable to those who didn't use their neurons to make pie... It was because idiots found google... Always leads to disaster. I changed it back anyways and the point is it's the same name just looking slightly different.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, well I've never changed my name so Razz

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was McLovin at one point, and then I was Team Google.

Sometimes you just feel like a change

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cant remeber but at some point wasn't there 20 teams in all the craziness and I may actually have my old avatar and sig #Tongue

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like change sometimes.. oh well. guess I'm stuck in this hellish cyborg form now. Twisted Evil

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never changed my name, so why now?
Also, welcome under my control Tony Twisted Evil

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get your damn dirty hands off my CPU, I am my own master xD

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was DuplExxx for a short time, an old account, the I opened a new one, Dupl3xxx, and now thats my nick the last x years.

I agree with the change, however, yuri 09 should be allowed to change his number every ONCE A YEAR!

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dupl3xxx wrote:
I agree with the change, however, yuri 09 should be allowed to change his number every ONCE A YEAR!

The master is not bound time!!

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!