Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Warning about server IP bans for hostees!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject:  Warning about server IP bans for hostees!
Subject description: Tell your banned friends.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In order to prevent brute force tactics to crack FTP passwords, the server auto-bans anyone who miss passwords 10 times consecutively. Even the old server used to do this, but now the situation is a little bit worse, because I have no way to unban anyone on my own in this new server. I know at least two cases of people with this problem (Joshy and Team Black). If it happens to you or a friend of yours, do the following things:

-> 1) Find out the banned IP.
-> 2) PM, email or MSN me informing the banned IP.
-> 3) I'll pass this information to Mastermind or Jnengland (server guys) and they'll unban it.

(note: if you know MM or jnengland, you can skip step 2 #Tongue).

Without the IP, I cannot help you at all. Sorry for any inconvenience, but it is a rather important protection for the server and all its hostees as well.

Last edited by Banshee on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:26 am; edited 5 times in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks again for doing that for me, Bansh

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still a bit strange for me how you could PM Banshee, if you weren't able to log in. Very Happy

beside of this logic paradox, i'm supportive of this system. Should keep the attacks much lower.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People might be able to use other IPs, LKO. The ban works server wide, not forum wide. The forum account is untouched.

Anyway, the post received some improvements.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I was bruteforcing some FTP's if I recall correctly. I was being a dumb fag and missed too many times. #Tongue

So yeah, that's why I was IP blocked. You can try to unblock me if you want, but if you don't I understand. I was being dumb.

Anyway, I'm unsure how long I've been banned. If you do get me un-IP blocked than you could ban my profile for a while if you think I need to stay off for a little bit longer.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess none of you read my original post. If you want your IP to be unbanned, I need to know your banned IP. Without that, I'll do nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!