Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
Zero Hour - Modding
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject:  Zero Hour - Modding Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello There Smile

Im starting to mod Generals Zero Hour and i have a question :
What mix file i need to open\Extract to get the Inis ?
I Have XCC MIXER

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals don't use mix, they use big. For that, use FinalBig, or any big editor. The file starters should explore first would be INI.big vanilla Generals, or INIZH.big for ZH. All the INIs are there.

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK I Downloaded the FinalBig . What i need to do now ? What to open ? What to extract ?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I advice to start modding TS/RA2 first before moving on to Generals. Learn the basics of modding before going further Wink

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
I advice to start modding TS/RA2 first before moving on to Generals. Learn the basics of modding before going further Wink

In Ts im begginer .. and i know the basics ..... and its not difficult at all !! and i can say same thing about RA2 .. so can you help me with ZH ?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can use XCC Mixer to handle the Bigs. Just treat them like a regular mix. Only when you don't have to make a big to run your mod, instead just create the corresponding foler in you zer hour directory. (data/ini/object etc etc).

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont Undersatnd !!! Plz do it clearly your explain

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK Thanks

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:

Sorry, but I don't see the logic in this. TS/RA2 has no similarities with Generals at all. Now I would understand that one should learn Generals before C&C3, but not this.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you need to learn the basics of modding first. At least, it was how I did it. You may have a different opinion of course #Tongue

defanatic
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muck around with various numbers in weapons.ini or locomotor.ini and then move on to "modules". Get a feel for what everything does. #Tongue

LoveMan
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so how i copy the files that i need to zh folder ?

defanatic
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With XCC, you go into INIZH, find the files you want (let say, weapon.ini), then you right click on it, and click extract. Delete anything before and including the slashes.

Once extracted, place the file inside (zh folder)\data\ini

For object files, place it inside (zh folder)\data\ini\object

It should be fairly obvious where to place things by judging the parts of the file that you deleted in step one.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rather than extracting all the time, you can use both selections in XCC Mixer (just move the little bar over, and you will see that theres a second one there). When you simply hit copy, it will copy your selection from the first selection to second, and you can do this both ways. So, I usually use the first selection to go into the Zero Hour BIGs, and the second one is my desktop, and I simply copy over what I want. Then close it down and open up the files to edit.

When going to put you files in Zero Hour, you need to recreate the structure in which it was in the BIG. Thats where the "\data\ini\object" comes from. each entity between the slashes is a folder. If they do not already exist in that order in your ZH directory, you need to make new ones. There should be a Data folder, open up. There won't be any INI folder though, so you have to make one. And then you'll have to make an Object folder in the INI folder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon