Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Rimtech Map pack
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject:  Rimtech Map pack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Rimtech Map pack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man you really should get Rimtech to screencap stuff in his map and add it to the zip file so people at least have some ideas what to expect.

Got some:

Main feedback on maps:

- I notice Rimtech likes to use a lot of steep-gradient cliffs and ramps. IMO ramps, being smooth and straight wouldn't work well for natural environments and instead the height tool should be used to create a more natural-looking slope. Steep-gradient cliffs don't look good in SAGE because the textures get stretched a lot. As official maps have shown, medium steepness works best for cliffs...
eg.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5382/47648327.png

reason why RA3 can have vertical cliffs is because the cliffs are objects.

- Rivers could do with a few more additional sections. Right now because there's only a few sections, the water texture looks very stretched. oh yeah in El Dorado map, there seems to be a map editing error on the river around the upper-left bridge, looks like water flowing in 2 opposite directions.

- Terrain on some maps like Dune patrol is extremely flat. Recommend using the height tool to rough up the terrain a little in places farther from the start locations.

The white lady~!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good!
*downloads*

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have some feedback for the mappack creator: take a look at the heights of the view. It uses the standard WB heights, which are lower then the game ones.

Rimtech00
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Mappack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I would just like to say that the maps now in the update reflects a lot of thanks for the comments and Valdes Pictures I improve cliffs found there a lot of mistakes but it is one of the first map and sorry for my bad english Mad Mad

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really nice maps, just improve those things which have been already told by Valdez and Dutchygamer. Then there will be probably hardly anything to criticise.

Česky: Opravdu pěkné mapy, jen zlepši ty věci, které tu už byly řečeny Valdezem a Dutchygamerem. Pak na nich bude asi stěží co kritizovat.
A na ICQ budu asi sem tam tento týden, pak budu týden na chatě (ch čti česky), takže off-line.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

partyzanPaulZy wrote:
Valdez and Omegabolt.
Uhh you mean Dutchygamer. #Tongue

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XD
yes, I meant Dutchygamer.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Rimtech00
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello again I know that those maps are not too good but still think I have good suggestions? I have them continue the Tiberium Essence? Question
That I like to say that this was my first maps and I would like, and especially my first river in EL-Dorado. Sad

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One idea i can give is try doing a heightmap. The worldbuilder can import heightmaps IIRC so just use an image editing software compatible with the file format that WB uses.

Using a heightmap to sculpt the terrain is a good way to set up the major cliffs and relief features that you can then manually fine-tune later when you import the image file into the editor as a heightmap.

The white lady~!

Republic_Commando_401
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but the one i downloaded is different form the preview. For example, in hostile assault, it has a emp center and a tib spike instead of the tiberium Crystal in the middle like the one in the preview.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon