Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Internal Error
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
fubar214
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject:  Internal Error
Subject description: Having issues in my map/mission.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm more or less a noob to map making, well specifically adding in triggers and such. I've got about 10 successful maps under my belt that I use with a group of friends, but nothing to write home about. Anyhow, I'm having problems with adding scripting.

A basic rundown, I have a Maginot line style defense fortified with grand cannons and flak cannons which the AI enemies are behind. I read the tutorials and have the pre-made base working just fine under control of the computer. The cannons fire and belong to the right houses. Here's where my problems start.

I tested the map and it ran without any flaws. I have nuclear reactors powering the cannons because there are a LOT of them. Anyhow, I finally broke down the enemy and blew up their power source to their cannons. As soon as the reactor blew, the game crashed. I tried this a few more times and everytime the reactor goes down, I get the IE.

Now my second problem is multiplayer. In multiplayer the cannons don't even work. Being the noob I am at this, it's probably something extremely simple, I just haven't hunted it down in any tutorials yet. Why would the cannons fire in SP but not MP?

Thanks for any help in advance.

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you're quite the challenge seeker... A whole Maginot line of Grand Cannons? Are you going to do a Normandy style beach sei... Idea I'm going to uh... Go map in a little while.

Anyway, as for the reactor part, just try tinkering with different ways of giving the reactors to the right groups and such. It could be something seriously weird. For example, my current map would crash as soon as all of the AI's starting infantry were killed. Turns out, it was because the map had no resources on it(it's still not complete). As soon as I put ore, the infantry could be killed with no IE.

As for the MP game problem, it could be the house you are giving the reactors and cannons to. So, whose the lucky house? If you've created a special house in the SP that's why. You can't have special houses in MP, only the three main factions' houses(Allied, Soviet, and Yuri. Unless you are modding and created three different factions.), civilian, and JP. And, sometimes Player@A, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon