Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Need Your Suggestion.
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

what you want to suggestion to ROS
1. Just Another Ra2 to TS Conversion
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
2. I hate Shp Unit Idea
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
3. it's just C&c 3 Clone
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
4. The Mod look great and perfectly
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
5. I want you remove GDI
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6. I want you remove Nod
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
7. I want you remove Federal
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
8. I want you remove Sub Faction
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
9. Capital Unit Idea will ruin ROS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:  Need Your Suggestion. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just questionary that i want to know what you think about my ROS project and what you want to Suggest me about ROS . i made it as pool because i think some one want to Suggest me but don't want to show him self and you can vote more than 1 option.

Thank you

Last edited by Holy_Master on Thu May 21, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its perfectly fine how it is keep on going as it is, different sides, great units this will be a great mod once finished.

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's too beautiful to change now!

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree: it looks fine as it is. It's definitely not a mere TS or Tiberium Wars clone with the addition of an entirely original faction (Federation). I'm glad you strayed away from using Scrin, the Forgotten, and Cabal as the third side, and although I haven't read (if it's been posted) the explanation for this new side, I still love the structure and unit designs thusfar.

Just to comment on one of the other options in the poll: I'm glad you did away with the capital units. It's just my personal opinion, but I don't like such units in official rts games (like Kane's Wrath).

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROS is perfect as is. It has the original TS sides, but with the Federation as a twist. The mix of the old and the new makes ROS exceptional, and there is nothing that need be removed, imo.

But maybe a GDI/Nod Beta might be nice....

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened to that "Punk" side?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
What happened to that "Punk" side?

they'll be in.

just not in first version. Very Happy

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been watching this mod for some time and I don't think it needs anymore changes.This is looking better as the days pass,don't waste it.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks awesome. And it's near perfection. There's not much left to say since your work says it all.

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Mod look great and perfectly

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my opinions Holy:

The mod looks great, especially what you did with Nod and GDI, which actually look like very good evolved versions of their Tiberian Sun counterparts. The mutants which eventually will be added look fun and canonical also.

The only gripe I have with RoS is the Federation faction, they seem out of place like technologically enlightened humans plonked in a Tiberian infested world where tech has always been sort of equal with militaristic concept tech and "technology of peace" tech at the end of the tech tree for both factions. Where GDI and Nod are both using conventional weapons the Feds are running around with plasma cannons if you know what I mean.

Also GDI is a unification of UN states so it's hard to see where the Feds fit in. It might be interesting to change the concept of the Federation if you want a C&C3 feel to it by having them originally as a security force for the new "blue zones"? but rebelled against GDI saying they're a "police state", so that's why most of their stuff seems cleaner as to GDI's rough military, plus you could mentally see them overseeing cities and such. A "Federation" of the rebelled blue zones while GDI still has some blue zones, and a large swath of yellow zone territory also. You might have to rough them up a bit so they don't seem too clean if you know what I mean.. essentially making them grittier kinda like GDI's military buildings but white #Tongue

Also maybe make the Federation basic tanks/weapons more conventional too using kinetic weapons then "plasma" weapons comes up the tech tree like how GDI had the Firestorm and Nod had the Cyborg Commando with the Neutron Cannon.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI in ROS is no longer unification of UN states ,if you check info about my mod you will see ROS not even set place in Original Tiberian Universe,

ROS story start with the great war between old Federation and Rebelion nation who call Nod and end up by Nuclear wars that make the most of earth fill by west land and zone of radiation and "Tiberium" is applier by that reason. [it no longer fall from space]

Nod avoid global effect by go to underground.

Federal lost their power, Many powerful people scientist , millionaire in group of Federal go to the space and live in huge Space Station that have creation for space exploration project and colonize project in last century.

in the lately of the great wars Nod have inside problem that make Cabal have born.

another forgotten Survivor separate them self for many group, west lander , bandit ect but some of them plan to bring back human civilize and successful to form up "GDI" to protect their "earth recover project"

compare with original universe ROS will have some of comic atmosphere but it still have serious story.

the place that most likely TW blue zone is Federal space station. but it isn't much peaceful place because absolutism of Federal.

Orbit Federal technology is modify from space project technology that's why make their look different. if GDI look like modern military Fed will look more likely Scientist with energy weapon follow my Federation population design they even use "Clone trooper" in battle because they have only few population.

if you have more question or suggestion for ROS story you can ask me every time.

but this's reason why my mos don't use Tiberian on the name.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should consider new factions then GDI/Nod, I mean many people will look at just screenshots and see Tiberian Sun/Tib Wars.

Tbh having no storyline is better idea then mix and match factions.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
GDI in ROS is no longer unification of UN states ,if you check info about my mod you will see ROS not even set place in Original Tiberian Universe,

ROS story start with the great war between old Federation and Rebelion nation who call Nod and end up by Nuclear wars that make the most of earth fill by west land and zone of radiation and "Tiberium" is applier by that reason. [it no longer fall from space]

Nod avoid global effect by go to underground.

How about setting it off from Tiberian Dawn's Nod ending? GDI is destroyed, factions are once again back to their western counterparts and Nod is a heavy influential corporate entity. Eventually when Nod gains enough militaristic and financial support unabated they are in a much better position to attack the western states (which are the old Federation). Some of the old Federation however had the foresight to leave the planet (which in the original TS universe, was the Philadelphia project development given to GDI) after seeing the threat Nod poses due to Nod's massive power and aggressive ideology become full and their own downfall. A nuclear holocaust then began starting the war and Tiberium flourished in the nuclear environment also what Nod wanted through divination by spreading it across the planet.

Eventually what remained on the planet joined what they could to fight what remained of Nod and became a new GDI, and everything in the plot is much more canonical and fitting in your new universe #Tongue

Last edited by Elerium-155 on Tue May 19, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
you should consider new factions then GDI/Nod, I mean many people will look at just screenshots and see Tiberian Sun/Tib Wars.

Tbh having no storyline is better idea then mix and match factions.

yeah i know that,because i'm one who just look only screen shot. anyway it's normally when you be acquainted with something so long when you saw something that different you'll think it doesn't look match,also Federal isn't Original Faction in Tiberian canon i have no surprised if people think they look out of place,but believe me i try to make they look match as i can already but with that i must sure they'll completely different from previous 2 in same time since architecture , vision of battle field , limitation , style , technology of war.

ok it maybe my self-defense, but it's my gamble either like full Shp mod idea. that's why those 2 option are in poll,i doesnt make this poll because i want to hear people say "my mod look great" but i want to know what work of all my idea. this poll is very useful and important for the future of ROS.

the goal of Federal Design is "the advance human faction with the most advance technology creation by human view"

i have try many design of them example Starcraft "Terran" Supreme Commander "UEF" Sunage "Federal" Tiberium Wars "GDI" even ROS GDI with White color. but those idea can't give me true new faction they just give me another GDI clone faction that i doesn't want.

truly i want to redesign ROS Graphic again because i have Harddisk accident 2 year ago that make me lost all GDI , Nod model and texture ,plus , my modeling , texturing skill have a lot improve but that change my working style too, today model i creation doesn't match with old [you can compare texture detail between GDI and Federal], i think it's 1 reason that make anything i do with ROS today looking more out of place.

however i want to finish current ROS before consider about that again.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16480

Thank to Elerium

i want to say those are the "Core" idea of ROS. if anyone can remember the day i announce ROS , i said "it'll set after Tiberian Dawn" and some part of story i said "too bad the war end by victory of the evil.." but i choose to write as new universe because i want more flexible design.and i dont know what crazy idea i'll add in future. #Tongue

I have idea of Federal Space Colony from Philadelphia for example.

Federal again...
you saw they have plasma weapon but it doesnt mean they can fire it like a toy. they MBT class tank is so different very different... #Tongue

1. it make they can fire it only as Ballistic weapon.
2. it make they Tank look so huge but can't equip a lot armor [because size of reactor and limit of their hover technology make it slow enough].
3. it expansive as you see prize you can get it compare with another MBT

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I'll be specific:
ROS is in some ways boring. But the boredom comes from the fact that it uses the 'normal' designs of GDI and Nod. The Federation balances it out, because they have a new and graphically pleasing style.

If you remove the federation ROS will become another RA2-TS TC. And that would be bad.
IMO, it would be best to see further development of ROS, and re-evaluate the situation once ROS is done in some form.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hm ....the longer i look at the pictures and such the more i'd suggest removing GDI nod and put other 2 factions into the game with federal's....on another note i'd also cool to remove tiberium/ore and change to another ressource, maybe oil pit's where harvesters gather oil, probably a building with an oil pit right near to it, the building could keep "oil" around it in form of docks placed around the building, so the harvester could gazther oil from a dock (visual for the gather point in front of the spawner building), that way the ressource fields are not fields anymore but ressource gather points.
as for replacing sides...maybe your mutant punks on one side and dunno , a cybernetic maniac faction? or too stereotypical?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
hm ....the longer i look at the pictures and such the more i'd suggest removing GDI nod and put other 2 factions into the game with federal's....on another note i'd also cool to remove tiberium/ore and change to another ressource, maybe oil pit's where harvesters gather oil, probably a building with an oil pit right near to it, the building could keep "oil" around it in form of docks placed around the building, so the harvester could gazther oil from a dock (visual for the gather point in front of the spawner building), that way the ressource fields are not fields anymore but ressource gather points.
as for replacing sides...maybe your mutant punks on one side and dunno , a cybernetic maniac faction? or too stereotypical?

well.. that doesn't different from Remake or Making new mod. #Tongue

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted perfectly- your style is consistent and epic. loving everything

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals?

TheNecro
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You keep at it Holy! The mod is great! Approved

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Approved Keep it like it is Mod is too beautiful to be cancelled Approved

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon