Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A Turning Point (Part 1)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
St0rm
Laser Commando

Location: eating cheese sticks at my new laptop, getting constipated

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject:  A Turning Point (Part 1)
Subject description: Ghostalker wants to destroy the source of his mutation, but he gets a new enemy as well
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I woke up and the piercing sunlight came through the window and warmed my feet under the covers. I lay there in my bed wondering how to start my day. I was not on-duty, so I didn't have to do anything at all today if I didn't want to. I could just lie lazily in my bed or I could get up and start my day. Hmm.... What a difficult decision to make, I thought. Sleep or corn flakes? I chose corn flakes. I was GDI's elite. I couldn't be lazy. I got up and changed out of my pajamas and got a shower first, though. I put on black pants, a white undershirt, a green vest, and black shoes. I usually don't wear this ensemble unless I am on a mission or fighting. Today I just wore it for looks. I used my clothes to cover my Tiberium-infested body. I got out the corn flakes and began to pour the milk. When I was a 15-year-old boy when the Brotherhood of Nod captured me for use in their twisted Tiberium experiments. The Tiberium experiments gave me greater-than-average strength. One day, I had enough strength to break the chamber holding me. I escaped the facility with five bullets in my. Two bullets in my stomach, one in my left leg, and two in my right arm. I took a Nod buggy and drove to the nearest GDI hospital where doctors in chem suits operated on me. I vowed vengeance on the Brotherhood from then on. I joined the GDI recruits and worked my way up the ranks. I passed officer rank after only two skirmishes with the Brotherhood because I fought so fiercely. The Brotherhood had made me a mutant, to be excluded from normal society for the rest of my life. But seeing my loyalty and towards GDI and my hatred towards Nod, GDI gave me a special rank. I now had the codename "Ghostalker". I struck fear into the heart of every Nod soldier and commander. I hadn't gotten my revenge yet. The facility that experimented on me was still standing. I never had a mission that involved it. I was now mad. Anger was now controlling me. I put away my breakfast dishes and had a new objective for today: destroy the source of my mutation. No more Brothers. No more hurting like this because of what happened to me. I don't want anyone else to suffer what I went through. I decided to go to the Kodiak and ask for permission to do this mission. I went into my garage and got into my black Mercedes. I drove to where my tracker said the Kodiak was. General Solomon gave me the tracker. I was the only one in GDI's forces that had one. I drove until I reached the ruins of an old GDI Tiberium research facility. McNeil and his crew were viewing the wreckage.
"I don't believe it..." McNeil muttered under his breath. "Of all those people, only six scientists escaped, but at least they were our top scientists."
"What is this?" I questioned.
"The wreckage our our once-great top Tiberium research facility."
"What happened?"
"The Brotherhood of Nod happened."
"Damn."
"There was nothing we could've done. The place would be gone before backeup could arrive."
"How come this place wasn't guarded better?"
"No one thought Nod would be able to find this place."
"Hmm... that is a major oversight."
"Yes it was."
"Well, as much as I hate to bother you, I need your permission for a special mission."
"And that mission would be..." McNeil asked, waving his hand in a continue your story motion.
"An attack on Trion's Tiberium research facility."
"Trion? You mean the town that is entirely under martial law of the Black Hand?"
"Yes."
"No can do then."
"Why not?"
"That's where Stinger was last sighted, and you can't handle him, let alone an entire city of Black Hand commandos."
"I can handle any Black Hand commando."
"Your rage is blocking your common sense."
"No it isn't."
"Ghostalker, you've never seen Stinger in action."
"He was captured last month."
"He broke out of out of our best prison and killed hundreds of new recruits that were viewing Nod weapons for their training."
"I could do that."
"I don't doubt it, but then he even blew up the entire prison with just two other members that weren't even trained for the Black Hand."
"So he's good."
"Extremely."
"I am taking this mission no matter what you say." I said as I started to turn away.
"Wait. You can take the mission under one condition."
"Okay." I said smiling slightly that I had won.
"Get a squadron of about twenty elite Titans to accompany you."
"Twenty Titans? For one city?"
"Twenty Titans for one Black Hand city."
"Fine. I agree to your terms."
"And one more thing. Do not engage Stinger if you find him."
"Why?"
"Just don't. Let the Titans take care of him."
"If you insist."
"I'm being serious."
"I know you are."
"Okay then, meet me in the barracks of Dellaria for your briefing while I get permission from General Solomon for your backup."
"I'll be waiting."
I got in my Mercedes and droves south to Delarria. I got to Dellaria's gatehouse and showed the guard my ID card. He opened the gate and I drove in. I got out at the barracks. I went into the barracks to find an empty mess hall. All the soldiers, officers, and recruits were out training, weight lifting, or something else, which was rare. I went to the food bar and got mashed potatoes, corn, and a smaller-than-average cheeseburger. I sat down at one of the long tables and enjoyes my lunch. After I finished my meal I waited a while until I heard McNeil coming in the door.
"Sorry for making you wait so long."
"Yeah, about 2 hours and 21 minutes."
"Yes, that. But I got your backup."
"Great!"
"The Titans are waiting in Kriff, 11 miles south of Trion."
"Okay, then. Now for my briefing right?"
"Yes. First off, try not to kill the civilians."
"They'll probably be hiding."
"Okay then, also, don't engage Stinger. I can't emphasize this enough."
"Relax."
The briefing was pretty much straightforward from then on. He told me to avoid any uneccessary risks, the building specifications of the research facility, etc., etc., etc..
"Are you ready to take on this mission?" McNeil asked.
"I believe I am. I'll take my car to Kriff and ride in a Titan with the driver."
"Okay. Good Luck."
"I don't need any luck for this mission."
"Just come back alive then."
"I promise you I will."
I then turned around and left. I got into my Mercedes again and drove 23 miles to Kriff. I saw the mechs, standing in line. The drivers were waiting outside the mechs for their briefing. I stopped my car next to a mech and got out. The drivers looked at me.
"I am here to give you your briefing." I told them.
"It is an honor to fight with you." One driver piped up.
"Thank you." I smiled. "Now, for your briefing."
I told them basically everything McNeil told me in my briefing with one exception.
"Any Black Hand commando can be handled by either of us." There was a brief silence. "Now let's move out."
They cheered and got into their mechs. I got into the Titan beside my car.
"Let's move out." I commanded over the radio.
The Titans lurched into gear as they took their first steps towards Trion. The ride was rather smooth in a Titan, because unlike a car, formations in the terrain wouldn't cause and bumpyness in the ride. It would take 32 minutes until we reached Trion at the speed the Titans were going. I had time. I mentally prepared myself for the assault. I fell into a doze and was awakened by the boom of the Titans' cannons and the recoil.
"Get ready to drop out. I have your railgun in the closet. McNeil gave it to me when we arrived at Kriff." the driver told me.
"I entirely forgot about my weapons. Thank you, and thank McNeil for me."
"No problem, and you C4 is in there, too."
"Good."
The Titan stopped to let me out. A ladder protruded from the escape hatch in the back of the Titan so I could get out.
The Titans were ripping the place apart, even the civilian part of town. But I didn't care, I was just here for the research facility. I ducked and ran for my target. In my running I ran past the ruins of the Nod radar, barracks, and war factory. Lasers were now just piles of bebris were they once stood, ready for frying infantry and light vehicles. I blew open the door to the research facility with a C4 and killed the guards and technicians as I walked through the hallway, blasting everything possible. I stopped at the end of the hallway. A large double-door was standing in my way. This door lead to the chamber where I was held for 3 grueling, hellish years. I wiped out the door with my railgun and shot the chamber that once held me. A young boy was inside. He thanked me quickly and ran out. Four scientists ranout of the soundproof, radiation-proof room. I shot them before they could bring their pistols out. A fifth person came out. He was dressed entirely in black with red eye slits and mouth on his helmet. He also had a dark red belt.
"Hello Ghostalker."
"Hello, nameless lackey of the Brotherhood."
"My name is known well as Stinger."
"Stinger?"
"Yes."
"I was looking forward to killing you."
"A lot of GDI soldiers say that. But then I shoot them."
"I am not an ordinary GDI soldier. I am a commando in GDI's forces."
"You are a pest that plagues the Brotherhood's hope for victory."
"Ditto to you for GDI."
He brought out his well-known laser rifle in a split-second and shoot towards me. The shot got my railgun and rendered it inoperable. I sprang forward before he reacted and kicked the gun out of his hand and split it in two with my foot. He shot a punch out towards my abdomen and I dodged it quickly. I planted a C4 on the ground and ran into the hallway. I blew it up and waited for the smoke to clear. I walked back in the room and his foot came out of the what seemed like nowhere. I ducked down and did a roundhouse kick which he jumped over. He jumped over my head and I turned my head just to receive his shin coming in contact with my chin. I fell to the ground and he knocked me out with a solid kick to the head.
"I'm done with you." he said as he walked away from me.
I woke up in a hospital room with McNeil leaning over me.
"He's waking up!" McNeil called to the doctors.
"Where am I?"
"In the local hospital in Dellaria."
"Why?"
"Because you went against direct orders and fought Stinger; and lost."
"Oh, that."
"Yes, that. What were you thinking!?"
"I was thinking: he doesn't look so tough."
"You underestimated your enemy. That's one of the reasons you lost."
"What are the other reasons?"
"You weren't ready and he evaluated you and your skills better than you did him."
"How do you know this?"
"The security cameras. We got the tapes and saw you lose pathetically."
"Damn, that's embarrassing."
"It was embarrasing to be shown how much our best commando sucks."
"Stop it."
"Okay, but I want this to be a lesson for you."
"Fine. Just take me home."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Your wounds have healed, but you are going to kill Stinger."
"How?"
"I am going to train you."
"Where?"
"Dellaria barracks."
"Fine, take me there."
McNeil helped me up and I got out of the hospital bed without much effort.
"There will be no training today, but tomorrow is when I will crack down on you."
"Whatever it takes."
"Good. You're determined."
"I have never lost a fight to one person so badly."
"How does it fell?"
"I feel ashamed and disappointed in myself."
"Don't beat yourself up; there will be many more opportunities."
"Okay."

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys are supposed to read this one first! You fools! Laughing

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mercedes? Milk? Cornflakes? Come one, this is a Tiberium Wasteland and they drive in Mercs? Be a bit more realistic #Tongue

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, no, no. First off, this is still Earth, remember, the Second Tiberian war in the storyline isn't too far from today. I wouldn't doubt Mercedes would last a few hundred more years with all the money they make. And yes, there will be milk and probably corn flakes in the future Very Happy . Seeing as cows will still be around. Though I might be wrong about the corn flakes. We'll just have to see.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the TS world. Now look at our world. See the 619364924 differences? #Tongue

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I highly doubt you counted. (It's obvious there are actually 214516 differences) AND THIS IS MY WORLD Twisted Evil

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
THIS IS MY WORLD

Remember what happened last time... Westwood's world #Tongue

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, yeah. Fine, this is Westwood's world... but Westwood still had pickup trucks and automobiles. And modern day billboards.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you can have that stuff, just make sure you add a little comment to add to the atmosphere.

I slid into my merc, closing the door rapidly behind me. Six owners later and she was still going strong, they built them well pre-tiberium, you had to give them that.

St0rm
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would think Mercedes would still be around during the Tiberium wars.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sure. Just mention the age to appease the mob #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon