Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:11 am
All times are UTC + 0
Pictures from v 1.4
Moderators: Carnius
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:  Pictures from v 1.4 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets start with some closer look on new units.

TE_BEAM_CANNON.jpg
 Description:
New model for beam cannon. This one can deploy portable stealth generator in addition to beam cannons normal abilities.
 Filesize:  116.72 KB
 Viewed:  21910 Time(s)

TE_BEAM_CANNON.jpg

TE_BUGGY.jpg
 Description:
New model for Nod Raider Buggy. Its more armored and more firepower now.
 Filesize:  112.22 KB

TE_BUGGY.jpg

TE_FALCON.jpg
 Description:
Gdi new hover unit. Originally it was light hover Apc, but then i realized that light apc is not gdi way, so i come with different use for this unit. Now its light and fast unit for early game reconnaissance and is also useful for rush tactic. Its armed w
 Filesize:  131.94 KB

TE_FALCON.jpg

TE_GDI_APC.jpg
 Description:
New heavy armored APC. Quad cannon in turret suits better Apc´s anti-aircraft purpose and increases attack bonus vs Aircraft.
 Filesize:  116.32 KB

TE_GDI_APC.jpg

TE_mammothII_new.jpg
 Description:
My vision of Mammoth MK II in Tiberium Wars is now complete. Unlike Tiberian Sun version this one got better legs joints which allow legs to turn aside, now it really looks like it could work in real life.
 Filesize:  166.1 KB

TE_mammothII_new.jpg

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now some in game pics

falcon_ingame.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.82 KB
 Viewed:  21896 Time(s)

falcon_ingame.JPG

buggy_ingame.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.9 KB

buggy_ingame.JPG

Gdi_Army3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.26 KB

Gdi_Army3.JPG

buggy_beamcannon.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.65 KB

buggy_beamcannon.JPG

apc_ingame.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.65 KB

apc_ingame.JPG

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more in game pics

apc_ingame2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.31 KB
 Viewed:  21889 Time(s)

apc_ingame2.JPG

buggy_beamcannon2.JPG
 Description:
Portable stealth generator deployed by new Basilisk Beam Cannon
 Filesize:  304.66 KB

buggy_beamcannon2.JPG

pp_ug.JPG
 Description:
New model for nod power plant upgrade.
 Filesize:  208.53 KB

pp_ug.JPG

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now it takes some grades! Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked
Really nice models, superb textures and great mammoth model.
Damn, now I feel kinda ashamed that I still can't animate 3D models...

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Rimtech00
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love this mod 1* Razz Razz Laughing Surprised Laughing

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice models, specially a huge improvement on the Mk II, the APC and the beam cannon are fantastic.
On a side note Nod's logo on the raider buggy and on the beam cannon are mirrored. And the falcon could use a new turret Wink.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

God, the Mammoth Mk.II looks horrifyingly awesome! I bet it'll instill fear into all those ol' noddies!

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that Mammy is really accurate to the concepts

I just dislike the fact that the missile pods are so small...if you shoot the stem of the missile pod, it probably would fall off.

But then, I guess that you guys made that way so that it would be accurate #Tongue

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you might wanna try shortening the front part of the beam cannon, it sticks out a little too much. Also try to put the cannon on a turret that can pivot upwards so that the cannon is able to properly tilt to face a target. btw I "Portable Stealth Generator" should be changed to "Field Stealth Generator". The word "portable" is only semi-accurate in this case because yes it is transported by a vehicle, but once placed down, you can't pick it up and move it again.

APC is good although I think 4 guns is a little overcrowded. You squeezed 4 barrels into a very tight confined space. Try enlarging the turret a little. Although personally I would recommend cutting down to 2 guns to make it less cluttered.Still it definitely has an APC look now as opposed to EA's rendition which looks more like a reconnaissance vehicle.

The new "power generator" design for the Tiberium core is awesome. Nice upgrade on the Mammoth design too

The white lady~!

Last edited by Valdez on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 is amazed. Shocked

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WIN!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
I think you might wanna try shortening the front part of the beam cannon

...wut? Playing/watching too much beamspam? #Tongue

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Valdez wrote:
I think you might wanna try shortening the front part of the beam cannon

...wut? Playing/watching too much beamspam? #Tongue

I have no idea what you're talking about. FYI I suggested shortening the chassis because to be frank right now it looks like a penis on 6 wheels with an IR flashlight on top. I haven't seen a C&C vehicle this phallic since Marcion's transport in KW! Laughing

Besides I've always disliked the idea of the Nod Beam cannon, with its lasers that combine, or bend or seemingly defy several other laws of physics. Personally I'd simply prefer that the Laser Capacitors upgrade affect the Scorpion in giving it an extra THEL turret on its main turret with a small (venom laser size) but long range laser instead of replacing the scorpion gun entirely. Either that or simply give long range laser to the Avatar which looks less silly than EA's little 6-wheeler with an ice cream cone on top.

Of course this is Carnius's mod and strictly speaking if he wishes to keep beam cannon I fully respect that.

The white lady~!

Last edited by Valdez on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I haven't seen a C&C vehicle this phallic since Marcion's transport in KW!

Maybe they were trying to imply he's a dick?

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
Quote:
I haven't seen a C&C vehicle this phallic since Marcion's transport in KW!

Maybe they were trying to imply he's a dick?

Well that would mean Kane put a dick in charge of Nod for over 10 years until Act 2 of KW!

I'll never understand how EA did the KW storyline. It's full of wtf. Confused

The white lady~!

Carnius
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdes wrote:
FYI I suggested shortening the chassis because to be frank right now it looks like a penis on 6 wheels with an IR flashlight on top.

Ups, that was not my intentions. But it strongly depends on point of view.

I take inspiration in ancient amphibians and lizards like Ichthyostega

http://www.google.cz/imgres?imgurl=http://www.raul-martin.net/raulmartin/cuatro/ichtyostega.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.raul-martin.net/raulmartin/cuatro/ichtyostega.htm&usg=__0r-Vd9AlOrV2kBGhuvxvURlf3Kc=&h=359&w=737&sz=80&hl=cs&start=1&tbnid=GidUPCNc3WaxIM:&tbnh=69&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3DIchthyostega%2Bpencil,%2B2006%2BClient:%2BScientific%2BAmerican%26hl%3Dcs%26sa%3DG

and also lizards like Heloderma horridum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaded_lizard

So when i look on my model i see lizard. But if you cant help yourself you can think that Nod got new big dick to f*ck others Very Happy

Valdes wrote:
Besides I've always disliked the idea of the Nod Beam cannon, with its lasers that combine, or bend or seemingly defy several other laws of physics. Personally I'd simply prefer that the Laser Capacitors upgrade affect the Scorpion in giving it an extra THEL turret on its main turret with a small (venom laser size) but long range laser instead of replacing the scorpion gun entirely. Either that or simply give long range laser to the Avatar which looks less silly than EA's little 6-wheeler with an ice cream cone on top.

I see a point, but Beam cannon has also support role in this game and now i add ability to deploy stealth generator. Also, there is reference to beam cannon in campaign (siege temple prime).

My idea is about to preserve old beam cannon role in this game, but with different design and add new ability to make it of more use.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
Well that would mean Kane put a dick in charge of Nod for over 10 years until Act 2 of KW!
Brother Marcion proclaimed Kane to be false and that they should follow him. Kane didn't put him in charge, and when you capture him he just uses him to tell his followers that Kane is actually the true prophet afterall.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@carnius

Oh so it's a lizard. Hee hee ok. The elongated streamlined shape IMO is more suited for watercraft though. Your basilisk's wheels are closed very tightly around the middle so technically there might be some instability in the front (although EA themselves did unstable vehicles like the Avatar)

Beam Cannons IIRC (not sure haven't played C&C 3 in ages) are actually already pretty deadly if cloaked. 5-6 of them could kill a heavy structure in seconds. They were very dangerous to buildings. In contrast the other heavy laser weapon, the Avatar wasn't useful. In games, players rarely had the time to cannibalise vehicles for the minor benefits offered, which is why I was glad when TWA (and subsequently essence) replaced that mechanic with self-upgrades which were more efficient.

@omegabolt

Yes, Mr Dick was indeed put in charge of Nod because Kane doesn't go public until 2047 (Marcion was a puppet leader but still.... of all the pupper leaders Kane had to pick the crackpot in a cape)

The white lady~!

knuckles84
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW, you new units are amazing!!!!

The first time I saw the MKII in action was in TE 1.2, there I already found it perfect, but if I see the new Model WOW, you mod keep me playing C&C3 Smile

ra3killer
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice 3D Model Smile

http://www.ppmsite.com

Slayer549
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little bit of feedback;

I think the beam cannon is a bit to large, I liked the size of the default model, but found it to..teardrop.

Mammy looks awesome btw Very Happy make it leave happy face footprints this time!

Quote:
Yes, Mr Dick was indeed put in charge of Nod because Kane doesn't go public until 2047 (Marcion was a puppet leader but still.... of all the pupper leaders Kane had to pick the crackpot in a cape)

I'd take him over Killian and Alexa any day. They both F&*ked Kane over big time Rolling Eyes

josh24
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon