Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Deadwinter Invasion (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject:  [YR] Deadwinter Invasion (2-4)
Subject description: This was going to be my submission for CCCII
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since CCCII is cancelled, I'll post my map here. It's called Deadwinter Invasion, and it's a 2vs2 winter map with a cold blue lighting. A border between two countries (maybe Finland and Russia, don't know..) divides the map in two parts. The improved conscripts guarding the border are supposed to be border guards.

Big preview

I worked on this one quite hard, so it would be cool if you guys would test it and maybe even give a small review of it. Don't judge it only by the picture, I added some AI triggers to make the AI a bit harder. There are also other triggers and ini-edits to make the gameplay more interesting. Smile

Deadwinter Invasion.ZIP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Deadwinter Invasion.ZIP
 Filesize:  186.79 KB
 Downloaded:  448 Time(s)

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will give it a go Wink Looks good from the preview.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems my previous CCC entry map has inspired ppl #Tongue I spy a border #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spy an obvious setting for a map. #Tongue

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Seems my previous CCC entry map has inspired ppl #Tongue I spy a border #Tongue

Actually, no. It was the RA2 mission where you had to blow up those two nuke silos with Tanya. Smile
But I did check out your map while making this, just to see what kind of maps were there last year. #Tongue

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCCII has been cacelled, where is the topic? O_O

Anyways the map looks great. Smile

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's beautiful. Amazing atmosphere.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried it against 2 AIs, and one as my ally. 1+2 vs 3+4 that is. The map is excellent for 2vs2 games, the bases have plenty of entrances, choke points, and enough resources (2 oil derricks for each player) to build an army. One of the more "secret" entrances that runs beneath the bridges in the middle is rather narrow, being covered and blocked with trees. However, it's merely a secondary route if and when the bridges happen to blow up Wink

I really liked the position of the oil derricks, because capturing them also grants ground control adjacent to them. This means I could build Tesla Coils and/or Prism Towers (and maybe even a Grand Cannon!) right on top of the cliffs, shooting at anything that tries to move into my base from the "secret" passage.

I didn't catch many triggers, except patrolling units, exploding bridges...oops, now I said it....and planes passing by. I have yet too look at the map with FA2 to see if there are more.

Perhaps the lighting could be just a tiny bit less blue, but that's the only suggestion I can come up with. 9.99/10 Smile

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the review! Smile

At first I planned to blow up those bridges near the airport, and that secret passage at the middle was ment for engineers so that they could repair them and the bridge in the middle of the map. But I desided to leave them undamaged, so that the gameplay would get better and the AI would also use the airport attacking route.

I was thinking about turning this into a singleplayer mission. It would include some sneaking with seals maybe? And maybe you could get even an MCV... Wink

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would you mind if I edited the map for the purposes of my modification as long as credit was given?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm going to convert this for TI. If Aro has nothing against it being in your mod also, then feel free to use it. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Course not. It's your map. Wink

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, yeah. For me it doesn't matter who uses it as long as I get the credit for it, I just wanted to know if you want it to be TI exclusive or something?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah it doesn't bother me for this one as the TI version will be different.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon