Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Changing map height globally
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:  Changing map height globally Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found 'Change map height' in Map Tools but the problem is I want to decrease height of whole map, not increase it. There are levels which are at 14 height and I think this is what makes those fields buggy (when you move your screen to those, you can see lots of terrain errors). The tool itself allows only to increase the height of map from what I've seen. Is there any way to globally decrease height?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try a negative value?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using a negative value will decrease the height of the map.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thing is negative value doesn't work. It says that value must be between 0 and 0 and any other value makes the program pop up with a 'Cannot change map height, as this exceeds the height limits' message.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are tiles in your map with both level 0 and 14. Every tile in your map must be between these two values. You can't decrease the map height or the level 0 tiles would then have a negative value, and vice versa.

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that's what I thought. So there is no really any convenient method to do this?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not if you've filled the map on every height level. It's just not possible if you did.

If you were able to raise some of your lowest height tiles up a bit, then you could lower it.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when creating the map did you leave starting height : at 0?
if so that is why i can go any lower

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember this now. The height is equal to a interger between 0 and 14, when you say 14 it goes to level 14, when you say 8 it lowers to 8. Therefore, your not adding and subtracting it whenever you change map height. You direct the map height to one of those intergers. So if your at 3 and want 1 you put in 1. As for starting value, it starts are the lowest possible, I would think you want to raise it by 1 or two notches (aka to 2 or 3) so you can make ditches when you want to.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're completely wrong Darkstorm. The feature changes the height by adding (or subtracting by putting in a negative value) height to each tile. He wants to lower all tiles, but he has tiles on every level of height. Modifying the map's lowest tiles to be higher would be the only fix if Speeder wants to still drop the height.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh... thats just how I procieved it but looking at it once. I never really tested it. Thanks for correcting me.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps you should consider not posting when you don't actually know for certain how something works. This isn't the first time you've done this and telling people something that is wrong isn't being helpful even if you mean well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon