Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command & Conquer 4 Announced
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [212 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO it seems to be better than RA3 (although just like TW datadisc).

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know what rather then adding to this bitchfest I think I'll wait until I've seen more of the game before I form an opinion. A single screen shot and a half a page press release isn't enough for me to make a clear decision.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You know what rather then adding to this bitchfest I think I'll wait until I've seen more of the game before I form an opinion.

Agreed.

Stop acting like queer fags. Specially you Defurmat. tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh,
Quote:
CNC4 will be a utter piece of fail

You don't know that.

Certainly they've taken the Tiberium series waaay too far, but you don't know how it will be unless you play it. Looking at a screenshot proves nothing about the game. Besides, if you feel it will still be utter crap, then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy this. Just ignore it and go away with your moaning.

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:
Certainly they've taken the Tiberium series waaay too far, but you don't know how it will be unless you play it. Looking at a screenshot proves nothing about the game. Besides, if you feel it will still be utter crap, then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy this. Just ignore it and go away with your moaning.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Anyway, I haven't found any more screen shots but I did find some concept art.

Python
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:
Anyway, I haven't found any more screen shots but I did find some concept art.

You found it?

People, don't be so haste to make an opinion on a game you have learned barely anything about. They did send out that survey a few weeks ago, hopefully they use the input to make the game with the Tiberium community in mind.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:
Quote:
You know what rather then adding to this bitchfest I think I'll wait until I've seen more of the game before I form an opinion.

Agreed.

Stop acting like queer fags. Specially you Defurmat. tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh, tbh,
Quote:
CNC4 will be a utter piece of fail

You don't know that.

So,you love all that pew-pew-ness and the idea of a bit more different Counter-Strike?

Man,we are discussing more about how CnC related is this game,not about how good it is.
Its sad that they use "CnC" for something which is does NOT belong to CnC.

CnC was meant to be strategy and such,whilst this looks like a shooter.
Its basically the same shit as Renegade.

Sorry.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I quite liked Renegade, or at least the idea behind it. It's really a shame they didn't continue making Tiberium.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM = the new NMA... #Tongue FallOut fans know what I'm talking about.

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You found it?

Well, not me personally someone at www.wcnews.com found it then I pasted it on.

Deformat wrote:
So,you love all that pew-pew-ness and the idea of a bit more different Counter-Strike?

Man,we are discussing more about how CnC related is this game,not about how good it is.

Sorry.

Pew-pew-ness! You mean its bad that I like blowing things up with rail guns and lasers!Laughing I really don't see how you can compare CNC3 or 4 to an FPS game like CS. I also find it odd that you can say that this is the same sought of thing as Renegade which was a FPS/TPS not an RTS. Another thing I'd like to know is what do you mean by how CnC related this game is, are you talking about where this game sits in the overall story of the Tiberium series or are you talking about game play? I'm going to assume game play because this in CNC 4 we are talking about so it is CNC related! I like to conclude this by pointing out that from the way you've written your posts it sounds like you think CNC 4 will suck. Anyway lets move on.

On the topic of game play is it really a bad thing that EA is trying to be a little different rather then rehashing the same game, with almost the same game play, for a fourth time?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the main problem is that EA hasn't delivered a worthy C&C game since Red Alert 2.

And the storyline is even worse, the last good storyline we saw in a C&C game was in Firestorm (which was excellent by the way).

So the community is still waiting for THE followup on TS, while EA is making the followup for TW.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And the storyline is even worse, the last good storyline we saw in a C&C game was in Firestorm (which was excellent by the way).

Oh sweet Jeebus how much I agree.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:
Quote:
You found it?

Deformat wrote:

Sorry.

Pew-pew-ness! You mean its bad that I like blowing things up with rail guns and lasers!Laughing I really don't see how you can compare CNC3 or 4 to an FPS game like CS. I also find it odd that you can say that this is the same sought of thing as Renegade which was a FPS/TPS not an RTS. Another thing I'd like to know is what do you mean by how CnC related this game is, are you talking about where this game sits in the overall story of the Tiberium series or are you talking about game play? I'm going to assume game play because this in CNC 4 we are talking about so it is CNC related! I like to conclude this by pointing out that from the way you've written your posts it sounds like you think CNC 4 will suck. Anyway lets move on.

On the topic of game play is it really a bad thing that EA is trying to be a little different rather then rehashing the same game, with almost the same game play, for a fourth time?

1.a game full of pew-pew-ness is boring.
2.I don't see how it could still be called CnC-related when the CY is out.Sorry.The CY is typical to CnC.
3.I mean CS because lately this is the direction towards majority of companies go,adding MP,adding the idea that you win more stuff by killing people etc. this stuff simply makes me think that I'll never ever buy any other CnC game

Also,EA tries to milk out all the shit out of CnC.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What pew-pew-ness? This seems to be RTS.
Also Renegade had original system, where you had to use your head a bit.
But APB tuned it up, without tactic you are just hermit...

CS is just about fooling around and shoot on everything.

But where have you seen it will be FPS?

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

While I do agree, doesn't TS have heaps of that crap as well? TS brought all the plasma, railguns, sonic, and other assorted directed energy weapons

Deformat wrote:

I mentioned in the other thread that miliking is done for any franchise. You might as well be bashing Blizzard (WOW), Bungie (Halo) etc as well while you're at it. Otherwise I think it'd be greatly appreciated for criticisms to be more on the constructive side rather than jumping on every available excuse to further bash EA, because nobody wants to needs to be reminded that many times how you feel about the company. It's harsh but true.

The white lady~!

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

What do you mean by pew-pew-ness and CY? We aren't walking urban dictionaries!

Sindri wrote:
Well the main problem is that EA hasn't delivered a worthy C&C game since Red Alert 2.

Well I have to agree I liked RA3 but when it came to mutli-player game play, moding and mapping EA didn't quite recapture the magic of RA2.

Sindri wrote:

I also agree that RA3's storyline did leave much to be desired but I had no complaints with TW's story and yes Firestorm's story was excellent.
In regards to the milking of successful series all big companies do this, its a fact of life.

need my speed
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CY is Construction Yard.

For the rest, only defensive class can build bases. So, as far as I'm concerned, C&C4 doesn't exist.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez wrote:
Deformat wrote:

While I do agree, doesn't TS have heaps of that crap as well? TS brought all the plasma, railguns, sonic, and other assorted directed energy weapons

Deformat wrote:

I mentioned in the other thread that miliking is done for any franchise. You might as well be bashing Blizzard (WOW), Bungie (Halo) etc as well while you're at it. Otherwise I think it'd be greatly appreciated for criticisms to be more on the constructive side rather than jumping on every available excuse to further bash EA, because nobody wants to needs to be reminded that many times how you feel about the company. It's harsh but true.

1.TW and such are ONLY pew-pewness.THAT'S why I say its bad.I mean only lasers.For Christ's sake,give the game a little variation,not only lasers,'cause it looks ugly.
2.I just answered at what you asked,and basically said "yes",but it seems somebody is enough dumb to ask the obvious WHICH HE KNEW.

Period.

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
1.TW and such are ONLY pew-pewness.THAT'S why I say its bad.I mean only lasers.For Christ's sake,give the game a little variation,not only lasers,'cause it looks ugly.
2.I just answered at what you asked,and basically said "yes",but it seems somebody is enough dumb to ask the obvious WHICH HE KNEW.

No I'm not dumb the problem here is you not speaking in plain english and don't end a post in an insult thats how flame wars start!

Quote:
For the rest, only defensive class can build bases. So, as far as I'm concerned, C&C4 doesn't exist.

Well at least its not a total departure from the original game play style but I do know a few people who will dislike CNC 4 because of its move away from the classic formula.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:

Don't generalise. The Shredder, SAM Turret, Militants, Black Hand, Shadows, Bike, Stealth Tank and Vertigo didn't have lasers, while the Raider, Venom and Scorpion only got them after an upgrade.

The white lady~!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:
...but I had no complaints with TW's story and yes Firestorm's story was excellent...

TW's storyline was good, serious and with high quality FMV's but... a story isn't just storyline... It's the setting, the art design, the tech tree, the look of the game.
And oh boy, did EA ztype up the setting. No mutants, no veinholes, no walkers, no Scrin<>CABAL Core Defender connection and no satisfying answer to the ending of Firestorm.

But I hope EA fixes those things in C&C4.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO TW's storyline was decent, but the execution was screwy. FMV scenes were too much dialogue and for a sequel, it didn't tie in with the earlier instalment very well.

The white lady~!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn... this thread is like rewatching the episodes of an old show you've watched as a kid. People hate EA, screenies and art aren't that bad (but mostly meh), and people try to mask their fanboy anger under the mask of a normal discussion.

Game Over C&C. Let it stay that way. It never was in good hands, sadly (Sorry WW, that means you too). :/

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cnc was never in good hands? lol that makes no sense

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In a sense it's quite true. Look at how Westwood took nearly half a decade to make TS only to release something that was not very polished still. Small wonder Starcraft overshadowed it. And then came RA2, made by Westwood Pacific which totallydisregarded the darker more serious atmosphere of RA1 in favour of giant squids and weather machines...

The white lady~!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C was never quite polished. They just got lost in 1995 IMO. Their graphics were never great after Ra1 (maybe TS), their coding sluggish...

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terrible engine, many lacking features... and an all-time classic. A hardcore game, not for a random gamer. Although, it was the first game which showed me that I loved RTS games... oh, sorry. Went off about TS.

The series was made by a bunch of people who didn't even knew what to do with their series. They kept rewriting the story, throwing in EVERY POSSIBLE CLICHE EVER. Interestingly enough, it worked for them. For some time. Untill the profits ran low, and the terrible managment left them on the market. In comes EA, makes a few games, disbands the studio (they didn't find them effective. Hell, they weren't - keeping westwood would be an idiotic choice), and makes generals - the last good game to come out in that time. Curtains close, the end.

Then they find the need to rehash more RTS goodness, as the competition would take off most of the market. EA know that they don't need a game as good as ones from competitors - they use the "fans" to get some profit, quickly. KW is thrown at mostly satisfied but confused costumer. It doesn't sell as good, so EA begins a HUGE ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN for RA3. Fans however, are thrown off, thus causing the game to be nothing more that "another RTS you might buy for christmas".

EA understood that the series won't give much quick money from fans, and if it revives the series later, the profits won't be as big - so they have finished up the loose ends. Good bye, C&C. In a few years we may see a Dune game (EA lost their LoTR license, so they will need an RTS series).

Efficent managment is efficent. No sarcasm, here.

Python
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:

It's been posted on the C&C4 website since it went live on July 9th.

(By the way more news on TiberiumWeb posted today)

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:

That's the thing though, they're not trying to be a little different, they're trying to be a lot different. A "little" different would be keeping the original build mechanic and adding a few new ones (RA3). Moderately different would be 1 or 2 factions with different build mechanics (maybe 1 of which is the original) and then a 3rd faction is crawler-only. But no, it's everyone gets crawlers, and only 1 subfaction/class gets to even build semi-bases (I don't think they get production structures aka Barracks War Factory and Helipads, just support and defense structures).

gufu wrote:
They kept rewriting the story, throwing in EVERY POSSIBLE CLICHE EVER.

I see people bring up this argument more frequently in recent times, but let me pose this question:

How cliche were those ideas back in the 90s, as compared with today when more people have used those ideas, making them more cliche today than they used to be? Keep in mind that the culture of the 90s was different and that is when the story was originally written, before quite as many people had used the same ideas (not the original writers' fault that that EA took their sweet time to revive the Tiberium storyline).

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA has now officially killed it in my opinion.

God damn it. Damn it all. Mad

*Commits suicide.*

But seriously, EA really needs to stop screwing and exploiting the corpses of the most epic games that they killed. Did that make any sense? Confused

BUT, a game is a game, so I'm still going to play it before I make a final decision.

Wiziwig
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the ztype. Just read the proposed features and related shit.
This isn't even a goddamn C&C game anymore. This is really sad.

gufu wrote:
huegpost

As much as I hate saying gufu is right,

he's right.
For the most part anyway.
It's really sad how the franchise is ending. I still remember playing TS to death when I first got it. While when I first got TW I played it for about 5 hours and just went "ztype this".

STILL, It's early days. EA can still turn this around and listen to the communities feedback, but that's very, very unlikely.
Cross your fingers people, a few hundred miracles are in order.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhm...only defense?..for...what to defend exactly if not your base huh?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good GOD the immaturity in here really went off the charts. Stop bawwing about "EA RUINED C&C!!! THEYZ TEH EVIL AND I ARE SAD, EA MAKE ME CRY HURT!!!ONE", because it's only making you look like idiots that refuse to stop suckling on the dusty decayed teats of Westwood's coders and artists. Just knock it off. Didn't we go through the same damn situation when C&C3 was announced and then released? Or did you all forget how well that actually turned out despite the EXACT SAME "EA ruined it" bullmess you were crying about back then? Ending the Tiberian branch of the franchise only opens up new doors for a new Red Alert or Generals, or even a completely new C&C. If you're this unaccepting of new ideas, I'd hate to see how you'd all react if they DID make a Generals 2 and instead of GLA/China/USA, it had Iran/North Korea/Britain.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Last edited by Sir Modsalot on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Modsalot wrote:
Good GOD the immaturity in here really went off the charts. Stop bawwing about "EA RUINED C&C!!! THEYZ TEH EVIL AND I ARE SAD, EA MAKE ME CRY HURT!!!ONE", because it's only making you look like idiots that refuse to stop suckling on the dusty decayed teats of Westwood's coders and artists. Just knock it off. If you're this unaccepting of new ideas, I'd hate to see how you'd all react if they DID make a Generals 2 and instead of GLA/China/USA, it had Iran/North Korea/Britain.

Well said, and I never agree with you. #All_Coholic

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Modsalot wrote:
Good GOD the immaturity in here really went off the charts. Stop bawwing about "EA RUINED C&C!!! THEYZ TEH EVIL AND I ARE SAD, EA MAKE ME CRY HURT!!!ONE", because it's only making you look like idiots that refuse to stop suckling on the dusty decayed teats of Westwood's coders and artists. Just knock it off. Didn't we go through the same damn situation when C&C3 was announced and then released? Or did you all forget how well that actually turned out despite the EXACT SAME "EA ruined it" bullmess you were crying about back then? Ending the Tiberian branch of the franchise only opens up new doors for a new Red Alert or Generals, or even a completely new C&C. If you're this unaccepting of new ideas, I'd hate to see how you'd all react if they DID make a Generals 2 and instead of GLA/China/USA, it had Iran/North Korea/Britain.

Ok,for once I'll agree.But if it won't look enough CnC-ish,then,well,sorry,but I told ya! #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mighty BOB! wrote:
gufu wrote:
They kept rewriting the story, throwing in EVERY POSSIBLE CLICHE EVER.

I see people bring up this argument more frequently in recent times, but let me pose this question:

How cliche were those ideas back in the 90s, as compared with today when more people have used those ideas, making them more cliche today than they used to be? Keep in mind that the culture of the 90s was different and that is when the story was originally written, before quite as many people had used the same ideas (not the original writers' fault that that EA took their sweet time to revive the Tiberium storyline).

Exactly, when I played C&C I was stunned. It was realistic, it had alien plants but no silly scifi shit and UFO's. It was something I'd never seen in a game. C&C is actually one of the few games where I give a ztype about the story.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sindri wrote:

Exactly, when I played C&C I was stunned. It was realistic, it had alien plants but no silly scifi shit and UFO's. It was something I'd never seen in a game. C&C is actually one of the few games where I give a ztype about the story.

Well, Tiberium was originally invented as a rational source of income for the battling armies. The story just developed further around it.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad it did because it became a very awesome story.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Modsalot wrote:

qft

And I want Russia in Generals 2. They were awsm in EndWar. A rainbow-coloured Anthrax Delta is fine too.

The white lady~!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who doesn't want Russia in Generals 2?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Britain

Win.

Nerf this one, it's epic OP, even if you do get about half as many units as the other guys...

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals 2 should be like the original concept.

America, Europe, China, Russia, Africa, Middle-East, those Khan-dudes...

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's... a lot of factions...

The white lady~!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Valdez, don't you remember this stuff?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahem. Generals had many phases during its production. At one point it was going to have GDI, Nod and CABAL pinned against each other in a similar fashion like TW is today. Then the devs sought for something more original, and came up with these african warlords vs mongol-retrospect-army vs US and European Union. Africa evolved into GLA and the Khans became China.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Modsalot wrote:

I agree.

Although... You probably think I'm one of the idiots. Eh, it's the internet so I don't care. If you're going to be sarcastic you have to be prepared for people to take you seriously. (This aimed at myself.)

But that was the concept idea behind GLA? Damn, that's new to me. Mind you, I haven't been around long enough to know this. Confused

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:
Although... You probably think I'm one of the idiots.

I'm not calling out anyone in particular. There are just too many posts bashing EA, and it's just a general sweep on those that take an anti-EA agenda to heart. I'm making it clear as I say that, though, that I'm not an EA fanboy. EALA was generous enough to pick up where Westwood left off, and did a damn good job of doing it (barring the lack of support in some instances, though WW's support patch-wise in expansions wasn't that great, either), and that's why a wait-and-see attitude is the best stance to assume here. WW hit the ground running with C&C and did a good job, and EALA took the torch and poured liquid oxygen on it. Both did a great job, both have their downsides, but WW is dead and people need to get over it and just accept that EALA has been doing an even better job overall.

Just wait and see how C&C4 turns out, guys. Like I said in the other thread, I won't have to say I told you so when the game is released and everyone all of a sudden finds it to be epic win.

Last edited by Sir Modsalot on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THe problem at heart isn't really EA, it's people. I really liked all of the recent games that have been released...at first. However, I began playing them online against people and that is where the hate began. The first problem is slight imbalances exists, but the resulting problem is assholes exploit these online and completly ruin the experience. Thus EA is blamed for the matter, and partly because they cater to these online assholes.

So, will this continue? 'MMO'.... need I say more?

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, look at it this way: if EA were doing a poor job with the series, would you even see that many people online? They do try to correct those imbalances, but it just takes them too long and they keep making excuses. The desynch debacle with Kane's Wrath kept it from being a great success, true, but the problem with the other games is people taking advantage of an OP unit and spamming it until the other loses, which lines up with what you're saying.

That's why I like the ideas behind C&C4, because it will be like Zero Hour; you have to think before you do absolutely ANYTHING with ANY of your units. The "strategy" in RTS will be re-introduced with a napalm-fueled passion, and as long as it's patch-supported beyond the first 6 months, I'm fairly sure it will succeed.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'd like EA a little bit more if they'd put more love into the making of CnC4. To me, CnC3 didn't feel like a CnC game at all, though I still tend to play it. RA3, well, I won't even touch it. It doesn't have that RA spirit.

I'm still going to rent, if not buy, CnC4 when it comes out. Well, if it comes out. I'm not too sure about this one, I mean they completely scrapped the game Tiberium not too long ago. I must admit I'm probably still going to like CnC4, but to me it won't be CnC4. It doesn't feel right to call it a true Command and Conquer game.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C feeling?

To me only TD and RA have "feeling". TS still had that "homemade" feel in its art style but felt pretty bland in many ways... like I recently replayed the first two TS GDI missions and it just felt really crap, so got bored. TD on the other hand I could play forever. It just looks really great all the way through... the terrain is so cool, unlike TS's which is boring since they barely utilised any of it in their maps.

So maybe TS could be exploited to feel loads better, its just Westwoods lack of attention to detail regarding mapping and their inability to really make groundbreaking changes. Hence I say they were stuck in 1995, unable to break out.

EA has really only done the same thing except their games look better (nothing to do with technology). At least they bothered to keep some things like live action FMVs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [212 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!