Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey - Your Input.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 8 [376 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a good example of a potential tiberian life form. Yes, I posted this in the TS:Rising forums aswell so sue me.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Tapejara? Thats not even scary or toothed for a Pterosaur. More primitive Jurassic Pterosaurs like Ramphorynchus or Dimorphodon might make sense, but even then Pterosaurs are far too fragile to be a danger with their membrane wings.

Now if you still want to look at prehistoric things, check out sea life or mammal like reptiles before the dinosaurs. Gorgonopsids Synapsids, ect. Edaphosaurus, Estemennosuchus, Scutosaurus, Tanystropheus. Dinosaurs are far too generic. Nevermind that the majority of creatures in the current world are mammals, giant avians makes no sense. Gorgonopsids and Synapsids however bear some mammalian traits while being reptilians. Hell, theres even some early mammals that could look good.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We won't be having Dinosaurs in TO. I'm not sure about the Tiberian raptor, but Morpher isn't too keen on it afaik.

There are plenty of ideas for mutations already, don't worry, my imagination is endless. #Tongue

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only reason I suggested this was because of the absence of flying creatures.

Bats look wrong!

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, I know what you mean, flying creatures somehow always come out looking comical... However, I don't think we need a lot of flying critters, we already have the floater, of course. I'll think about it... Just no reptile/bird like stuff.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...but floaters technically don't fly, they levitate. and look like giant public lice.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically, but they're not restricted to floating 5cm above the surface, so they 'fly' in the sense that they're 'up in the air', just like wasps, birds, jetplanes and spaceships 'fly'. #Tongue

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Flying Manta-Ray. Alternative Names: Tiberian Stinger/Tiberian Piercer/Tiberian Hunter/Tiberian Watcher

Role: Flies and Swoops above the sky, jetting with gaseous substances, lands in water, stings and infects humans to become visceroids.

OracEdit: You mean this?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... The only monster I really want to see is a giant fleshy visceroid, big as a house. That would be awesome.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Hmm... The only monster I really want to see is a giant fleshy visceroid, big as a house. That would be awesome.

It devours your base!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Orac wrote:

It devours your base!

I can see a mission about you trying to get through a HUGE ENEMY base, while the things runs after you, eating confused guards and everything.

Oh, and did I tell you that you only have a truck with the visceroids delicious treat in your disposal?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get GDI and Nod done rather then the mutants, CABAL, and whatever else. Frankly, I want to play the mod rather then wait for a quarterly teaser of three or so units that are either civilian or for neither of the important factions. I mean...its your project but, it would be nice to play the damn thing before 2012.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um... I'm doing Mutants/CABAL stuff because there is very little voxelling to speak of for GDI/Nod. All that is really left is the navies, for which I have very little idea of the right style (I need some sort of concepts), and the deployable Sensor Arrays, which imo should be modelled in 3D so that the deploy anim looks decent.

As for the concept there, Pepzi: I'm not voxelling that, and out modellers are busy or lazy, and working on the Nod buildings/GDI defences. Volgin is correct in the fact that there are half a dozen things higher on the list of things to do than adding yet another capturable unit.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was worth a shot, as it was merely a pointer in the "right" direction on what style you should go for overall when making this mod. Meaning that I directed the focus of your thoughts on WW stuff in case silly cartoony base walkers along with Zone troopers and Salamanders seem to distract you. xP

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thats good to hear... but, eh, why not more screenshots? Lets see some ingames! Smile

As for concepts, blah, forget that old Westwood crap. Make your own stuff. This mod's been in development for a while now. It'd be a real letdown to see half of the stolen tech units and other things being concepts from old C&C games.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which designs are from other games currently? If you see any, please tell me, I'd love to remake them at some point.

As for screenshots, right at the moment the Snow Theatre is the big thing on the to do list, so I'll probably post some screens of new and old work in the near future.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't say any were from older games. I am just saying, make your own ideas and keep away from this old crap art. Even then, I really can't judge based off of the... nonexistent level of screenshots. #Tongue

Why not some battle screenshots or something? Something simple like low tier units fighting or something. Surely it can't be that difficult to just get 10 or so ingames and not map previews or just staging grounds to show off voxels.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder whether I could talk Morpher into getting a video of play...

Last edited by Orac on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Question-
Are you able to build off of Tech structures and capture-able structures?
Are Ion storms available on any of the Multi-player maps?

-Suggestion-
Because i like them, Would it be possible to add GDI's Zone troopers and Snipers?
since they, in my opinion, are the only good things out of C&C 3. the zone trooper doesn't need to fly.

_comments_
it is nice to see timely responses to questions here, Keep up the excellent Work.

Last edited by daviperdragon on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Answer-
1) Tech buildings may or may not provide build space. ATM, I believe that they don't - but I suspect that that will change if there are any major gameplay considerations
2) Ion storms are fairly frequent, actually. And they're real bastards.

-Response to Suggestion-
So far as I know, there are no plans to add the zone trooper, or sniper.
The jetpack element of the Zone Trooper, being able to fly, remains a part of the Jumpjet Trooper, which carries a strong chaingun.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to add the A-10 strike back into the game?
or a build-able A-10 Jet for GDI?

Do you plan on having any GDI-Nod Heros?

Why No Mammoth MK2?

Could You give the Forgotten the Guard towers from TD?

Are there going to be any female units?

Please, do not bring back CABAL's core defender.....

Why no GDI Juggernaut?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. A-10's were produced in 1977 so in the year 2041 they may seem just a tad old #Tongue. Unfortunately there is no way to make an aircraft superweapon. The Orca Bomber is basically a futuristic A-10, same purpose and role and is buildable.

2. Perhaps, maybe campaign specific or most likely for the Mutant side, we try to keep things a bit more generic for skirmish.

3. GDI's Atlas Mech unit will fulfil this role.

4. Forgotten will have some form of defence but we won't be just cutting and pasting an old gaurd tower image, maybe a bunker or machine gun nest with some futuristic traits.

5. Yes.

6. lol, no.

7. GDI Juggernaut made GDI stupidly overpowered in Firestorm and ruined the role of the Hover MLRS which was originally artillery. The Hover MLRS is much more suited to longer ranged attacks in Tiberian Odyssey (but not to the artilleries extent).

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to add the Giant ants ( Soldier, Fire, Shock, chem ants )
from RA1 into this, just modified to be tiberium mutated rather than nuke mutated? possibly a non-capturing hive building to spawn them from to make them more of a constant challenge?

Last edited by daviperdragon on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um... that fitted Red Alert because it parodied B-Movies. TO most likely will not be getting any giant ant missions, although the early part of the GDI campaign may have some of the same elements (but with the Forgotten as opposed to giant insects).

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well since we're talking about mutated creatures...
How about some abominations? Say maybe... A few people/animals mutated together?

Say a few people were dwelling inside a sewer to hide from the conflict above... Tiberium infests the sewers, their bodies begin to degenerate (like a Viscroid) and they partially fuse together into one mass, at that point the degeneration stops. Like one big orgy, except all freaky. :L

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In TO has a water warfare, so are there sea tiberian creatures?

Squid? Shark? Starfish? Sea Anemone?

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Squid. There are Tiberian Squid.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:
How about some abominations? Say maybe... A few people/animals mutated together?
Say a few people were dwelling inside a sewer to hide from the conflict above... Tiberium infests the sewers, their bodies begin to degenerate (like a Viscroid) and they partially fuse together into one mass, at that point the degeneration stops. Like one big orgy, except all freaky.

as long as they dont end up looking like the Flood from Halo.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daviperdragon wrote:

as long as they dont end up looking like the Flood from Halo.

That's actually where my idea came from, but something like the Flood would seem cliche. My idea can be done in so many different ways unique to TO.

Imagine two mutants fused at their sides, so it's like two different people, one mass. Two guns? I mean, limitless combinations.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, giant insects are a bit cliche, Tremors- Starship troopers, but they could be quite a challenge in the long run. possibly a non-capturing hive type building to spawn them could work as well.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daviperdragon wrote:
hive type building to spawn them could work as well.

I actually really like that idea. Place these "structures" on a map where troop movement is high (routes that players would take to the enemy base), and place a trigger on the map for that structure to force-spawn certain units (as stated before, mutants).

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:

Say a few people were dwelling inside a sewer to hide from the conflict above... Tiberium infests the sewers, their bodies begin to degenerate (like a Viscroid) and they partially fuse together into one mass, at that point the degeneration stops. Like one big orgy, except all freaky. :L

Sounds a lot like Centaur from Fallout series. Just as long as there will be a few different ways for the abomination to look like, I'd say this would be awesome.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd. After the I had thought of the flood, I thought of the Centaur.

But yes, as long as there are more than one type.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Volgin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy Eff.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I instantly thought of the Charger from Left 4 Dead 2.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, EVA told me that SHP harvesters are possible. So, why not have some kind of a creature that would harvest up tiberium, endlessly, leeching off your tiberium fields?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another good idea!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Right, EVA told me that SHP harvesters are possible. So, why not have some kind of a creature that would harvest up tiberium, endlessly, leeching off your tiberium fields?

There is concept art of such, yep.
Of course, it'll need to be modelled/animated before such can actually be considered in TO, but the basic idea is somewhere in the works.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scorched Earth wrote:

Because it is artwork of the Charger, before the design changed #Tongue

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
gufu wrote:

There is concept art of such, yep.
Of course, it'll need to be modelled/animated before such can actually be considered in TO, but the basic idea is somewhere in the works.

Also, you need some dummy building that make that unit can dock or it won't harvest any tiberium.

Imagine that it if it contain full with blue tib and it get kill....Wow...Huge demo tib truck Twisted Evil

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fucked up the image tag on the second picture but now I fixed it. Anyway, thats a suggestion. Instead of basing mutants off of those ridiculous Renegade things, what about something like that?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Scorched Earth wrote:

Because it is artwork of the Charger, before the design changed #Tongue

-_-

It's been so long since I played that, I could have sworn that was artwork for something else... Confused

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How is Left 4 Dead 2 long since played? Did KGB chief come to house and beat you for not split screen playing with collective?

You probably deserved it. Da. Such is life in Russia.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....I'm telling you. Broke every last bone in my body.

*Says in thick cliche southern accent* Da, comrade.

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the original recon bike's rocket pods better than what you've got going, so I made this. It turns out that it was a bad idea to even try.

3ike.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  393.72 KB
 Viewed:  20519 Time(s)

3ike.gif

2econ Cycle.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2econ Cycle.rar
 Filesize:  2.63 KB
 Downloaded:  314 Time(s)

Last edited by 206UE on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 am; edited 3 times in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe that to make it sleeker and more recon-y the bike was given a single structure on the back, which makes it look a little less overly-fragile and more battle ready.

On the other hand, I believe I incorporated the older style of dual launchers on the Black Hand bike, which is a capturable goody/campaign prop.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible for this mod to be released as a PortableApp, or have a portable version?
My reason of this suggestion, is that I am tired of having to do a custom file conversions to put stand alone games into USB possible games.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks fairly simple.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 8 [376 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon