Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
new roads for RA2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Like them?
yes
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
no
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject:  new roads for RA2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are pieces that are works in progress for a campaign/mod I am working on. I have about 300 pieces, mainly for urban, but I also have new urban and temp pieces. Yes they still need work done, they are not finished by any means. Just something I thought I would post up the RA2/Yuri community.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don´t look too bad #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Feillyne
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can be much useful as an addition to old ones. Smile

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps work on the texture? It seems to be repeating the same tile over and over again!
Besides that, good work!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The contrast between the light curb & dark road make it look a bit cartoony IMO

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with what Mig said.

But,besides this,looks better than your previous works. Wink

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are good, I hope to see more from you. #Tongue

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: pieces Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, these are streets for a world war 2 mod i have been working on. since they didnt have paved roads with street lines. guess ill have to use PS CS3 to try and burn the curbs to tone them down a bit. i know i can count on mig to give an opinion, thanks for the feedback

Dupl3xxx....what do you mean by repeating? think u could post a pic to show what you mean. thanks

As for previous works: Yeah well been working with PS CS3 a bit more. trying to learn how to use it to its full capability.

These pics are from the actual game, not screen shot from final alert. forgot that FA screenshots can change appearance a bit

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs a way more varied texture but looks good for cobbled road.

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda what I thought so I agree with Bolt.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: cobble street Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, i was using BSP map creator for the streets. BSP is for making Digital Paint/Quake style game maps. I took a screen shot of the ground and brought it over to RA2, wasn't sure if it looked good. now i have to try an fix the texture as suggested.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: new tiles in the works Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a list of new tiles I have been working on, each listing approximately how many tiles I have in each. Some are done, some need a bit of work. These are for the Urban setting. I have more for temp/new urban that I will work on when these are finished. The bold is how many pieces I have for that tileset

; 153 Pavement Road Junctions C 6 done
; 154 Highway Roads 2 34 done
; 155 Cobble Paved Roads 12
; 156 Cobble Paved Junctions 17
; 157 Cobble Paved Bends 12
; 158 Cobble Highway Roads 14
; 159 Cobble Highway Bends 24
; 160 Cobble Highway Junctions 16
; 161 New Angled Highway Roads 12
; 162 New Highway Ramps 12
; 163 New Paved Ramps 8
; 164 New City Paved/Junctions 24
; 165 New Paved Bends 12
; 166 New Paved Ramp 2 16
; 167 New Grass Ramps A 17
; 168 New Grass Ramps B 17
; 169 New Grass Ramps C 17
; 170 New Dirt Ramps A 17
; 171 New Dirt Ramps B 17
; 172 New Dirt Ramps C 17
; 173 New Sand Ramps A 17
; 174 New Ground 7
; 175 Parking Borders B 12
; 176 Parking Borders C 12
; 177 ROH Urban Features 10
; 178 LAT New Tile 10
; 179 Cobble Pavmnt Fixes 20
; 180 Warehouse Road 8
; 181 Dirt Roads A none yet
; 182 Dirt Roads B none yet

; 183 BLEND TILES
; 184 TS Cliffs 20
; 185 morphing Mud 32
; 186 morphing Sand 32
; 187 stairs 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon