Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
WIP - Kautine Sidebar
Moderators: MT
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject:  WIP - Kautine Sidebar Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AltomareXD is working on a sidebar for the Kautine Empire.

Comments appreciated.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad, a great start, however:

- The buttons look out of place, they don't match the rest of the sidebar, they may look better with a similar style to the arrow keys, which I like by the way.
- The arrow keys look good in my opinion, but those glowing wires(?) don't blend very well, I think they'd look better without a glow effect and another color such as a dark red or a dark blue.
- I can tell my looking at the cameo part of the SHP that this is the first time any of you have attempted sidebars, so just a note: The cameo line (AKA: Side02.shp) is the same image repeated over and over again, so you're going to have to make sure it blends with itself... if that makes any sense.
- Vehicle, Infantry and Sell tabs could use better symbols in my opinion.
- I hope you plan on getting a new cameo style, I've never liked Red Alert 2's buttonized style.

Other than those points mentioned above, I'm liking it.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thread's name in the staff forum is "My Very First Sidebar" so yeah, this is my first.

Things I'll try to improve:

-The buttons; the arrow keys are supposed to be broken LCD screens. I guess I'll try to recreate the effect to go with the theme.

-Removing the glowing wires :p

-Before I made this, I looked up on XCC; the cameo line makes a pattern when stacked. I guess this will be the real challenge for me. Then again, it makes me better at what I do so yeah. I'll look up into this.

-The vehicle-infantry-sell tabs were just shapes in my PS #Tongue I'll make a vector as soon as I finish the first 2 improvements.

-Cameo styles... Hmm... This one's interesting. To the staff forum, AWAIIII!!!

*imitates Alec's grapple hook*

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep the buttons for the structures, inf, ect. They look very high-techy Tokyo ish, like some sort of Japanese street signs. The LCDs don't look so LCD ish, nor do they seem to fit with the bar itself.

I suggest you make the metallic blue stuff more futuristic and clean like the Kautine structures.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick retouch before I go to bed; the wire's blue now and the cameo line now blends when stacked (I chopped it up into tiny little pieces in a separate document then stacked them up), the LCD -- anti-aliased.

And I'm trying to recreate a new cameo style. Though I'm having trouble making it line up with the rest of the closed once once the cameo 'opens up'.

Critique pls. Smile

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Keep the buttons for the structures, inf, ect. They look very high-techy Tokyo ish, like some sort of Japanese street signs. The LCDs don't look so LCD ish, nor do they seem to fit with the bar itself.

Yeah, they look pretty good but.. cars?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Volgin wrote:

Don't forget the Recycle bi- button. #Tongue

If it was for the Civs it might work...I was sorta expecting something gritty and burnt #Tongue

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Psychic Ninja wrote:
Quick retouch before I go to bed; the wire's blue now and the cameo line now blends when stacked (I chopped it up into tiny little pieces in a separate document then stacked them up), the LCD -- anti-aliased.

And I'm trying to recreate a new cameo style. Though I'm having trouble making it line up with the rest of the closed once once the cameo 'opens up'.

Critique pls.

Oh. I forgot to upload the new one in my post before this. Damn it. #Tongue

EDIT: the arrow keys will be remade to fit one of the older LCD versions; I'll add in more noise to it then take out the greeniness.

sidebar chopped up.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.63 KB
 Viewed:  6028 Time(s)

sidebar chopped up.png

Last edited by AltomareXD on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Speeder wrote:
Volgin wrote:

Don't forget the Recycle bi- button. #Tongue

If it was for the Civs it might work...I was sorta expecting something gritty and burnt #Tongue

Hey, I've told Eno loads of times to add rust and damages to the buttons, I think he'll get around to it soon Very Happy

Oh, and the car is temporary, it made me go WTF too when I saw it xD

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something about the recycle button:

1. It's not the usual "ore" you see around mods; something different. That's why it has to be "recycled".
2. It's definitely not Tiberium.
3. More info from Mr. T soon.

(Mr. T, they're getting suspicious...)

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh shut up Eno #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks much better, but I preferred the old colour on the arrow keys to the new colour, plus those tabs still look out of place in my opinion.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AltomareXD wrote:
It's not the usual "ore" you see around mods; something different. That's

So instead of selling buildings and defenses you recycle them? Interesting...

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
AltomareXD wrote:
It's not the usual "ore" you see around mods; something different. That's

So instead of selling buildings and defenses you recycle them? Interesting...

Broken down to component atoms, then reused. Even the Soviets are protecting the environment! #Tongue

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, Eno is working on a more futuristic, complex one, with changes that take your feedback into account.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what really bothers me about this sidebar is the bottom arrow buttons... the color doesn't look good at all with the rest of the sidebar, and the fact that they're crooked makes it look even more unfitting :/ anywho, that's my two cents #Tongue

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tabs look really out of place, they just don't fit in my opinion. Too bright of a blue and odd looking.

I agree with what sane said about the arrows at the bottom.

And also I dislike that blue texture that is to the right of the cameos.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tabs will be redone. Like I said earlier, the arrows at the bottom will we redone also; the green was a mistake on my part. I will fix this.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The arrows at the bottom would look fine if they matched the infantry/structures/vehicles/crap tabs in scheme if you ask me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon