Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:01 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM is 9 years old!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject:  PPM is 9 years old!
Subject description: Happy birthday... sorta late, but not for Hawaians!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday to Project Perfect Mod! We are 9 years old. It started with a lame attempt of making a mod that nobody knew its purpose, but it became a hell of a mod community nowadays. And what do we have to celebrate this milestone? Nothing. Yea, just party...no presents. I'm sorry. I know I've made some promises for this event, but I really haven't got much time to work on it. I'm very focused on transforming voxels into good looking 3D models. At the moment, I'm getting results like this:

Tiberian Sun Nod Buggy

Red Alert 2 Demo Truck

Tiberian Sun MCV

I still have a couple of things to improve model wise and I'll try to generate textures soon. I've also some progress at mesh optimization, reducing a couple of unnecessary vertexes and faces from the model without affecting its final quality. You can check the progress at any time by downloading this vxlse_iii.exe that will always be our latest version of the program in the SVN, and replace your old vxlse_iii.exe with this one. There are many people who use this program, so I'm not crazy to place a virus on it.

And finally, what's new on PPM in these days?

-> PPM Website and Mobile content and menu are now synchronized and updated.

-> Mod Generals at PPM! The site now has 17 tutorials to help you to replace that GLA with a decent faction! And do much more. Check our left menu! Special thanks to DaFool for writing 14 of these tutorials. Also, thanks Dutchygamer for other 2 and ruby92 for one.

-> We now have a Red Alert 3 and C&C4 sections. Also, check the left menu.

-> It's time to use your ultimate lego skills for:

-> If you prefer Photoshop over lego, then we have another contest for you:

-> We have several voxels being spotlighted recently.

-> And we also have one new newsposter, our buddy Dutchygamer should be posting some interesting community news soon.

And that's all for now. I hope everyone enjoys what we have to offer. Happy birthday (september 30th) PPM!

Key Words: #ProjectPerfectMod #Birthday #PPMForums #News 

Last edited by Banshee on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday PPM. #Birthday
and thanks Banshee, for your constant amount of work you put in this site and for the community.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

häppy börzdäy

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations PPM! And thanks Banshee for making me a News Poster Smile

suraj_geddam98
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday. #Birthday

Tutorials rock!

SuperMario949
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey guys,you wont belive this,but today is my birthday!!!,happy birthday ppm and me!.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aww if i knew i would have worked towards a release of HP for this week! #Tongue

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

skol !

Hydraw Art on Facebook

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HB! #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday PPM, my present will be TI... one day...

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy b'day PPM, lol yer someday Aro Laughing

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for maintaining this site for so long Banshee! Smile

SuperMario949
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well,actually today wasnt very bad for me either,i'll give presents two days later,once i get the loot.

HaPpY bIrThDaY.
عيد ميلاد سعيد
ozkorm nafiol day.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

habby birfdey guys.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy Birthday Very Happy

well about the Vxlse updates...
you should implement also different isometric views like parallel view and perspective view... making cameos would be realistic with that...

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Arselona
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy 9th Birthday #Birthday #All_Coholic

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@geno: The 3D preview window and modelizer do have pre-estabilished views in the View section and it includes for interesting positions for cameos.

@everyone else: Thanks guys. PPM is nothing without everyone's participation.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*gives bday punches to PPM...

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy B'day PPM! #Birthday#Bday

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are you doing to generate the 3D models? Just using the voxels as vertices and smoothing them? Shape recognition?
Also, nearest neighbour texture filtering would probably look better.
Edit:
Have you considered pattern matching? ie looking at blocks of voxels and matching them to predefined meshes. You could look at blocks of 3x3x3 pretty easily and you'd only need 27 meshes. Or, for a little finer grain, look at blocks of 4x4x4, and have 64 meshes.
You could then connect the meshes and have a reasonable (Hopefully better than what you've currently got) approximation of the voxel in 3D.
Of course, that approach would be more specific than the general-purpose surface approximation you seem to be doing, especially for voxels' more modern implementations in medical imaging.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using voxels as cubes and smoothing them to generate 3D models.

Quote:
Also, nearest neighbour texture filtering would probably look better.

Could you elaborate at the nearest neighbour texture filtering?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glücklicher Geburtstag
Happy Birthday
#Birthday
PPM

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you're doing vertex colouring now right? Well when/if you get textures working, nearest neighbour interpolation would give the 'truest' texture of the original voxel; make it looks less blotchy. Especially since voxels are essentially 3D nearest neighbour representations of a model.

You're just smoothing them? Uniformly?
As far as your current method goes, I can really only see this being useful for creating a higher quality models using the converted voxel as a reference, but I don't see that smoothing them makes them much more useful for that...
Do you have a plan for this in the future?

Last edited by DeathRay2K on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little late but happy birthday PPM. Smile

And congratulations Dutchygamer!

suraj_geddam98
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
We now have a Red Alert 3 and C&C4 sections.

Banshee, where is the CNC4 section?

Tutorials rock!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehehe.
"Got a present for ya!"

...funnily enough I typed that left handed #Tongue

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAPPY B-DAY PPM! 9 years already. wow next year is gonna be really special.

congrats Banshee, and all that are helping with the site, keep it up.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can mod generals now? Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@DaFool: Yes, we can. And I edited the news to give you proper credits for it. Thanks, buddy. Sorry for forgetting to mention you. It was 3:28 am in my local time zone when I posted the news.

@suraj_geddam98: At the Tiberian Twilight section, in the left menu of the main site or in the mobile site.

DeathRay wrote:
Well, you're doing vertex colouring now right? Well when/if you get textures working, nearest neighbour interpolation would give the 'truest' texture of the original voxel; make it looks less blotchy. Especially since voxels are essentially 3D nearest neighbour representations of a model.

Nearest neighbor is a great idea for a problem that my teacher was complaining regarding the colour interpolation that I was using. Thanks for the idea. I'll try to use that for textures as well.

Quote:
You're just smoothing them? Uniformly?
As far as your current method goes, I can really only see this being useful for creating a higher quality models using the converted voxel as a reference, but I don't see that smoothing them makes them much more useful for that...
Do you have a plan for this in the future?

The colour smoothing that I'm using to convert colours per faces to colours per vertex is considering the distance of the vertex with the center of the face.

I'll try to use nearest neighbor interpolation as you suggested... or use an adaptative method (if the difference between the neighbors is too high, use the nearest one... if not just average it).

The idea I had in mind to 'reduce' this smooth effect was using bump mapping once I had textures functional.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nearest neighbour should look good with vertex colouring if the vertices are (fairly) uniform distances, otherwise it might look a bit weirder (You might end up with some colours stretching out in the corners and into crevices in weird ways). Still, once you've got textures it should look better.
Normal mapping would probably be a good route. You could even convert the voxel's built in normals. Though I don't know how good they'd look at that scale...

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little bit late but Still Happy Birthdate PPM #Birthday

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy birthday PPM!!!!!!1111oneoneone1111oneone!!!!111!!!1one!!!! #Birthday #Bday #Birthday

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Birthday
How could I missed this topic. #Silly

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
@geno: The 3D preview window and modelizer do have pre-estabilished views in the View section and it includes for interesting positions for cameos.

well yeah, i mean making them like having 3-point perspective not just having 2-point or 1-point parallel perspective... that will be great...

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, PPM's birthday is on the same date as my little brothers, just thought I'd point that out. #Tongue

Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

happy birthday ppm good to see you guys are still hard at work in the modding community

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
By the way, PPM's birthday is on the same date as my little brothers, just thought I'd point that out. #Tongue

Congratz for Disturbed then! that was his nick, rayt?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI Jamie. #Tongue

suraj_geddam98
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The guy who said "I thought it was LEGO, didn't know it was a voxel.", right?

Tutorials rock!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
GDI Jamie. #Tongue

My bad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!