Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Premier RA3 Skirmish Map Pack: 570 Maps!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
purplescrin
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject:  The Premier RA3 Skirmish Map Pack: 570 Maps! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the last map pack update for RA3 in which I won't be re-uploading again due to less and less new RA3 maps lately. The map pack also includes the mission maps and the EA bonus maps. Most maps will work in Uprising but until the Uprising Worldbuilder is here, you can re-edit them again.

Note for one thing you cannot attempt to put all maps into one folder which is more likely to cause a large lag or hang-around when accessing the RA3 skirmish menu. I cannot guarantee all maps will work because some of them may have name misplacements.

To place RA3 maps, put in this folder path:
XP Path: C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Red Alert 3\Maps
Vista/Win7 path: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps

Mirror 1: http://www.filefront.com/14620567/570RA3SkirmishMaps.7z
Mirror 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CS4K4EMH
(The .7z file can be opened with WinRAR, 7-Zip or PowerArchiver)

Here is the list of some RA3 Missions (all in their latest versions):
Retarded Defense (by GunRun)
Retarded Ravana (by GunRun)
Fort Knox
Alliance
The Apocalypse (by Vikestart)
The Apocalypse 2 (by Vikestart)
Cloning Experiment
GOW (by Chej184)
Super Engineer Prologue
Operation Lone Guardian (by dky.tehkingd.u)
Technology Theft (by Elven)
Operation Prison Break (by ThaSlayerb)
Bomb Shelter

Credits goes to the RA3 mappers who made multiple amounts of maps on their behalf: Vikestart, Johndabeast, Chej184, Gren, Zedoborro, Evilconker, TiberianFiend, Elven and "dky.tehkingd.u". Special thanks and credits to the rest of the RA3 mapping community for making these fabulous and wonderful maps. Have fun playing with the maps!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have the authorization from those who made these maps to distribute them?

All files submitted to this place must follow our Privacy Policy at:
http://www.ppmsite.com/?go=privacy

Quote:
2) (File/documents/data/any sort of material) (uploaded/distributed/posted) by fans is from the one(s) who made it.

- Any files that you create and/or post here is from the person (or group) who created it, including files uploaded in tutorials, maps, 3d models, files submited to mod projects, etc... By submiting a file here, you allow everyone to download it (unless otherwise stated by yourself) and modify it as long as the original creator is credited (also, unless the original author states another rule for the file he submits). Also, by submiting the file here, you must be assured that you have authorization by the creator of the file to distribute it/ see it/expose it to everyone.

If you wonder why do we follow this policy, please read this very important topic:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20962

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by Banshee on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes be carefull purple scrin, A PM woulds of been nice, even if it was to inform me about this map pack, I may of able to give you more up-to-date files as well and its great that you are trying offer a large array of maps to the community, however from the looks of it you are taking the word of other artists as law, not all the maps maybe up-to-date, you could be sending out files that have virus' on them, or maps that don't work because their scripts crash.

Message to community
(Below)

I can confirm that I placed my files individualy, without any malicious files, I just wish to share my art with the community, as I find its a great stress buster from my normal routine and a benefit to the community as awhole.

However I cannot confirm that purple scrins map compilation is virus free, therefore I suggest you download with care/at your own risk.(I only say this to prevent any blame that maybe directed unfairly at me)

I knew nothing of my maps being placed on this pack and just wish to make this clear to anyone downloading it, I also havn't downloaded this myself so I say again, download at your own risk.

I will allow my maps to be download via this pack on the condition that my maps are not changed by any 3rd party [people I know little of], without my permission, this does not give the right for purple scrin to edit my files but only to distribute("this time round"), with one friendly message in mind (ask permission next time, and perhaps contact other artists if possible.).

purplescrin
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TiberianFiend wrote:

I will allow my maps to be download via this pack on the condition that my maps are not changed by any 3rd party [people I know little of], without my permission, this does not give the right for purple scrin to edit my files but only to distribute("this time round"), with one friendly message in mind (ask permission next time, and perhaps contact other artists if possible.).

Well I already had permission from you, but I doubt why should I have to ask you again just because of new map updates? Maybe I should have ask for permission again for the same users (with map updates) but I running out of time. Remember that I cannot force to ask 100+ mappers for permission, only the ones that made the most maps. That'll take weeks. And also most mappers who made maps may have disappeared from the CNC mapping community making it hard to contact them just for permission.

When I compiled this map pack, I used various anti-virus programs to check for viruses, and so far the file is free of viruses.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In which case if this is an updated pack then I did not allow for you to use them.

PM message
TiberianFiend wrote:
PurpleScrin wrote:
I am currently making a first huge RA3 skirmish map pack to the public very soon. I have collected at least over 300 already. But before I can release it, I like to ask you a question since you are a RA3 mapper.

Can I have permission to have all of your maps to be put in the map pack? I promise I won't edit them.

Sincerely,
PurpleScrin.

Its great that you are making a pack for the community, but I wish for my downloads to stay only to the users on Project perfect mod, links off this site may be only for the greater community, thats if I choose to release it to them.

I wish you great luck with this map pack.

I know this wasn't worded clearly but I hold to my oath that I only use links to PPM to help promote the site, to give the community something back so that I can repay the debt of information I owe to this forum(seriously thanks guys!!!).

I only wished to clear up where I stand on the matter, in my previous post.

I will let you use the current maps from me that you have featured in your pack, but please don't update without my consent, as new maps should be considered as new copyright material wether it is from the same or different artist.

I know you cannot ask every mapper in the community for permissions, but you must respect their work equally and see if you get a positive responce before posting something like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum