Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
PPM News!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:  PPM News! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mods

Tiberian Odyssey
Tiberian Odyssey, the TS mod that has been in production for several years now, has posted some new concept art for structures! To mention a few are the GDI Auto Turret, the GDI Firestorm Cannon, the Nod War Factory and the Nod Obelisk.

Here's an image of the Shrine of Nod:

Good job on this pieces of art Blubb Wink

Twisted Insurrection
Twisted Insurrection, the TS mod that completely changes the second war between GDI and Nod, has posted a new map. The map is named Lost Hope. Here's the minimap:

Click on the image to see the megamap Wink

Invasion Confirmed
Invasion Confirmed, the Generals ZH TC mod that brings all the Red Alert sides into 1 game/mod, has posted some screenies of RA1 Allied units, the RA1 Chinook and the RA2 Soviet Amphibious Transport.
Here's an image of the Soviet Hind and Chinook:

Other news

Brazil will host the 2016 Olympic Games. Congrats to you Banshee and all other Brazilians Wink
I know it ain't modding related, but it's worth the mention I think

If I missed some stuff, or made some grammar errors, please tell me Wink

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't help but noticed you're error on the Invasion Confirmed news, lol. You said Chinook and Hind, but I see the Amphibious Transport instead :p

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shakar wrote:
Can't help but noticed you're error on the Invasion Confirmed news, lol. You said Chinook and Hind, but I see the Amphibious Transport instead :p

Now that you said it.... Laughing

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, that is what you get when you try and gather information about multiple mods at the same time #Tongue Fixed now.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The chinook image is too large for the front page. Banshee recommends using images 600 pixels wide or less.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Oddyssey

Odyssey has one "d" #Tongue

Anyways, great to see news posts finally. Keep up the good work.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you get a Mod name that is easier to spell next time? #Tongue Fixed.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the mention Dutchy, been a while since TO has been in the news Smile.

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Nod Tech centre sure is... very glowy red... It's also teh huge, judging by entrance size.

The white lady~!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The blue on the Nod tech lab reminds me of GLaDOS

Valdez
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The white lady~!

Suumpmolk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't think we will see Odyssey in this life...

best TS mod going so slow its sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TO is our DNF, I guess #Tongue

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

The difference is that DNF did not have ever-shifting 3D modeller positions. In the history of TO the following people have held or still hold the position of modeller:

R-More Man, Gangster, Area52, Vefbl4, Robopope, DaTS, Donut Arnold, Deformat, Holy Master and Shur (LKO? Judeau?). I don't know if I've forgotten anyone, but seriously guys, it's not funny, that's 10 different modellers all with different timezones, styles and lives of their own. People came and went whenever they felt like it, so how the hell is the rest of our core staff supposed to keep things flowing?

At least we have the determination to keep going, even after more than four years of on and off work and numerous setbacks. I've never heard of any other mod that has managed to do that so far. Don't compare TO to DNF.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titan wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

The difference is that DNF did not have ever-shifting 3D modeller positions. In the history of TO the following people have held or still hold the position of modeller:

R-More Man, Gangster, Area52, Vefbl4, Robopope, DaTS, Donut Arnold, Deformat, Holy Master and Shur (LKO? Judeau?). I don't know if I've forgotten anyone, but seriously guys, it's not funny, that's 10 different modellers all with different timezones, styles and lives of their own. People came and went whenever they felt like it, so how the hell is the rest of our core staff supposed to keep things flowing?

At least we have the determination to keep going, even after more than four years of on and off work and numerous setbacks. I've never heard of any other mod that has managed to do that so far. Don't compare TO to DNF.

Well said! I can definitely relate to that.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titan wrote:

I know how it's been with TO, I've been here before it even existed. Sorry for the bad joke attempt.

Now that you mentioned R-more man, didn't he just disappear?

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I know how it's been with TO, I've been here before it even existed. Sorry for the bad joke attempt.

Now that you mentioned R-more man, didn't he just disappear?

R-More just disappeared from the face of the earth in 2005. Also, your PPM joindate suggests you joined after TO appeared (I was mainly active at the old TumSun, I didn't join PPM until quite a bit later), because it's been around since early 2005. I think Morpher still has the screenshots from TO back in the day... Mammoth tanks with RA2 sentry guns for turrets, bahahahah Laughing

Anyway, TO is getting somewhere because the current modelers are working. We are perfectionists. Don't think we couldn't output a release right here, right now. You've seen the content. No, we don't have models for all buildings yet, but that doesn't mean the TO you see on the screenshots somehow does not exist. We don't put them together in photoshop, you know? #Tongue

And thanks Aro. Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
R-More just disappeared from the face of the earth in 2005. Also, your PPM joindate suggests you joined after TO appeared (I was mainly active at the old TumSun, I didn't join PPM until quite a bit later), because it's been around since early 2005. I think Morpher still has the screenshots from TO back in the day... Mammoth tanks with RA2 sentry guns for turrets, bahahahah

The thing is, I didn't actually register immediately after finding this site. I can't really tell why, as I don't remember #Tongue I registered a while after the OMC3 was held.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!