Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
Master Chief is messiah! Master Chief is salvation!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject:  Master Chief is messiah! Master Chief is salvation! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Master Chief, Spartan-117, "John".

Book of John: 1:7

"He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe."

Revelation: 1:17-18

Below is likely a reference to the lifepod scene in the pillar of autumn level in Halo1:

"When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

Something noteworthy below:

John 1:17

"For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

Therefore Master Chief must be Jesus Christ!

Edit: More.

Quote:
More evidence of this occurs at the end of Halo 3. When Master Chief is listed MIA, he disappears from humanity, much like how Jesus died on the cross. The line "Wake me when you need me." is also another reference to Jesus in that he will return someday, most likely when humanity is suffering again. After Chief had separated, during the ending video on legendary, Chief and Cortana say to each other "It's finished" which seems to refer to John 19:30

"30 When Jesus therefore had received the wine, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost (or Holy Spirit)."

His cryotube may be compared to the tomb in which Christ was buried.

Source: Halopedia.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As stupid as the biblical "symbolism" in Evangelion, maybe even worse Laughing

Team SomeGuy
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "symbolism" in Eva was largely there for the hell of it. Had Studio Gainax known Eva would've been popular in the West they would have toned it down.

Even though Western audiences just thought it was part of the already extremely mind fucky story

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum