Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tutorial Requests
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject:  Tutorial Requests
Subject description: Post all your tutorial requests in this topic ONLY! Do not post them outside it.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

The Tutorials Warehouse forum is a place to share tutorials only. It is not a place to ask questions, request tutorials or ask where is a tutorial about something. You can ask questions and ask where you can find a tutorial about something at the Generals Editing Forum only. If you have any requests for a tutorial, this is the only topic in this forum where you can do it. Simply post your reply with a tutorial request and pray for a good soul to make this tutorial for you. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Qcumberhd
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Air Craft Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does any one have the time to make an air craft tutorial or could some one please point me in the right direction? javascript:emoticon('Confused')
Confused

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean by aircraft tutorial? How to make a new aircraft, edit one, what? Confused

I pretty much learned how to mod generals by looking in the INI files. Plus I had previous experience from modding TS. I would go to Revora forums and ask there. (Since PPM isn't really about Generals editing, mostly TS, RA2, and CNC3 I guess)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: deleted link to other forum because Banshee didn't like that Wink

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does. But modding Generals is sooooooo long! I hate it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a reason we have sections for editing Generals here and definitely not to simply direct people other forums. There are a lot of generals modders who visit this site, but people don't post much here. Without posts, people are not motivated to post.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's true.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I should post some more tutorials. And link deleted Wink

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Qcumberhd you have to explain better otherwise we cant help you. There is alot you can do with aircrafts in Generals/ZH, we need to know what you want to do.

New aircraft? (Do a copy paste from another aircraft and work from there)
Icons, Commandset and commandbuttons and text?
Aircraft weaponry?
Special abilities like PDL's/flares/EMP resistant and other stuff?
Upgrade codes?
Or just some error you need fixed?
and so on...

By the way I totally agree Banshee, Generals modding never really took of here at PPM becaus people here... ahhh you know the drill Laughing

Street
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am trying to make a multiplayer map for Zero hour that will be a challenge for 2 of my mates.
I have been looking through world builder scripts but I can't find anything that works to make
myself start with a fully fuctional base(I have the buildings on the map I just can't find a way to
assiagn them to belong to my start position) a tutorial or advice on how to do this would be nice.

Oh yea and I have tried google to find a guide for this but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A tutorial on how to change the train templates so other cars are behind the train would be handy. I think it's very easy to do once you know it but I can't find anything about it. Confused

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, anyone who mods generals on this site should help pitch in and write these tutorials. These are the big 4 difference between the other C&Cs and generals, and I think this will help bridge the gap. I know for a fact that all of these are possible. I'll be writing up as many as I need to when I figure out how to do so.

1)Engineers-Capture and repair buildings.
2)ConYard Build System
3)Modding the UI-custom command bar locations
4)Harvestable resources

The Black Hand
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dafool I know a Mod for a generals that uses all of those maybe you could ask the mod Creaters for help
is called Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn Redux

also I need a Tut for the Following

1: making a new superweapon
2: makeing a new weapon

defanatic
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering if there was a tutorial on how to make your own support power(s).

malaitotoro
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Zero Hour Tutorial Request Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! I'm new here. I have question about Menu editing.

I couldn't find any tutorial about that so i thought i could ask someone to make it.

I would like to customize the Skirmish menu section but i don't know where to start. What i wanna do is :-

1: The AI free to choose random faction. (no user intervention at all).
2: Player cannot select team. (so user will ber forced to play Free for All).

I want to get the feels like when playing Red Alert or Tiberian Sun. I got friends who love to make their fav generals overly powerful and beat all enemies within seconds (and they keeps bragging about it..). #Mad It annoys me to see them killing the game spirit.
I wanna teach them a lesson. Twisted Evil If they don't get to choose their allies/enemies, wouldn't it be more interesting.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've really gotten into Zero Hour recently, I decided to give it a go again after a long time cause I was really bored and I'm unable to work on Twisted Insurrection until I get the internet set up on my new computer (Don't worry! I'm still working Very Happy).
Anyway, I was wondering if there would be any chance of a Newbie guide to Generals modding so I could play around a bit? I've got Zero experience with modding Generals and google hasn't helped me out this time. Something like how to get started, useful links and tools etc.

Edit: Well here's a good link for Useful Zero Hour modding tools. http://forum.cncreneclips.com/index.php?showtopic=11637

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I'll cook something up.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sgtmyers88
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whenever I reach a certain point in completing C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux, I will release assets and tutorials... It seems I am always learning new stuff all the time with making tricks to Mod Generals/Zero Hour and pushing its game engine to its limits...

TD Redux: https://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can Someone Make A Faction Tut.

What I mean is.

Making your own complete faction.
With its own buidlings -Copy and paste codes from other factions and combine into your own, so when you go and edit the buildings, it doesnt effect the other factions who use it.. like..

Faction name: John Doe
uses American buildings
wants to make it where John doe can build everything off the start, as in.. shutting off prerequistes. -didnt spell that right- But.. doesnt want USA To be able to build it right off the back.. see what i mean?

Like for the tutorial.. A Tut on making your own Independent faction.. As in.. copying codes from others.. how would you do that.. what files would u need to create-edit-Etc.

that would be nice <3> I already know about Playertemplate.. im talking about stuff like from Data>INI>Objects> Buildings / Units / Etc

Plz and ty ;]

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Frontlines: DaFool did a tutorial on creating a faction, iirc.

I have a question, one which seems not to have a tutorial here:
"Texturing units for ZH, how?"

I'm not well acquainted with the software, and what I want to do is create a detailed skin for a unit. I'm uncertain as to the process in RenX.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
@Frontlines: DaFool did a tutorial on creating a faction, iirc.

Yea i know. but like.. i get the Add a playertemplate, and the Controlbar.. i mean actually adding units, buildings etc. like.. under INI< Objects,, make a whole other Config Setting Text Thing, withyour sides name, Etc.. get what i mean?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude, I do have a tutorial for adding units. If you've read my tutorials and still don't know how to make your own faction, somethings wrong.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
dude, I do have a tutorial for adding units. If you've read my tutorials and still don't know how to make your own faction, somethings wrong.

I already figured it out.. and still don't understand what i meant. ;l

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did Dutchygamer ever work out how the Base Building AI works?
Come to that, does anyone here know how the AI works?

Last edited by Orac on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So we all know about the Generals Powers... And that we only get to unlock so few of them. I think only five, right? Seven maybe.

Any way to make it to where we can unlock all the powers for that specific general that you're playing as? EX. Air Force General, Tank General...

I'd like to be able to call in all the air strikes, be able to call in a full paradrop, repair my vehicles, and have snipers hidden on the map. Ya know?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best answer I can give to you is to look in the rank.ini (ZH) file and edit how many points are granted per rank. Dutchy knows more about it than I do, so maybe he'll have a better answer.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe I've looked in there before but it's pretty confusing. Confused

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Typical Entry in Rank.ini

Code:
Rank 1
  RankName                      = INI:RankLevel1
  SkillPointsNeeded             = 0
  SciencesGranted               = SCIENCE_Rank1
  SciencePurchasePointsGranted  = 1
End

SciencePurchasePoints granted is how many points you get so you can spend it on stuff. you can increase it if you like, and you'll get more points. However, i think you'd rather add more ranks, inwhich case you'll have to ask dutchy.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you.

If I find that I want to add more ranks, I'll come back here. The Generals section of PPM aren't too active.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still wondering how to texture models for Generals, from start to finish, with RenX
Not that it will help me much right now...

Last edited by Orac on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I couldn't tell you. I've been modding CnC for around a year now... But only RA2 and TS/FS. Eh.

I'm sure you're just hoping someone sees your post, huh? #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like hitting a target the size of a bottle cap one-hundred-and-sixteen kilometres away with an arrow going at 900kmph in an intense gravity well through a thick fog using only a piece of cardboard, a kettle and a rubber band to guide it #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to make tutorials, but I first need to know how to do it myself #Tongue

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There Should Be A Tutorial For Making Tutorials Very Happy

-JustKidding.

It would be nice if there was a Tutorial for making weapons / Armor ???

And yea. #Tongue

Skabus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I looking since 3 weeks for a complete, informative tutorial/reference about
setting up 3D models for generals...

DaFools tutorial is quite god, but its not enought to know HOW to animate an convert the 3D-Models so you can use them ingame.

FG Ska

Please DONT kidding about my english, i try hard to improve it, honestly!

nekro
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding my generals for pleasure, could someone do a tutorial on how to edit music big files?

¿ʎllɐƃǝl ǝɹɐʍʇɟos ɹnoʎ llɐ ʇǝƃ noʎ ǝɯ llǝʇ ʇuop ¿ʇɐɥʍ

WHAT THE ZTYPE HAPPENED TO MY POST?!

Letzt
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK ,

How can I replace the music tracks playing for each faction in a skirmish game?

I have been messing around with the xcc mixer but up to no avail.

I delete them but the stuff I drag in does not appear where the previous tracks were.

Thanks in advance.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sent you a Private Message Letzt.
but.. for everyone else who doesn't know how.

In your Zero Hour Folder, Go to the Data Folder, Make a new folder named Music.
Inside that folder, add your music files.
I suggest you rename your music files to something simple.

Next.
go into your INI Folder, find the INI File named Music

The below code is an example. You don't have to change just the "Load_USA" Module. You can modify them all.

Code:

MusicTrack Load_USA
  Filename = USA_08.mp3
End

Change the text after Filename to whatever the name of your .mp3 is.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible for someone to explain how to use the ObjectReskin tag properly. I have tried using this tag for symilar purposes as already shown in the ini files (for compatability, etc) however i have had no such luck...

(Im using just Generals, i dont know if that effects it in any way)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried out the same thing for my own mod, and even though I scrapped the feature, I still have the codes. I'll see if I can make up a little tut about it. It will be for ZH though.
EDIT: and done

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

Mav.EricK
a.k.a SuperMario649

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am looking for a texturing tutorial using Renx.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=458275#458275
=======================
Donut Arnold's great templates for TS and Ra2
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=43817

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can link you to some I have used, but I'm not sure if Banshee would agree Confused

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
I can link you to some I have used, but I'm not sure if Banshee would agree Confused

PM.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

PM.

Many thanks for reminding me that we have that. I really should have visited PPM more...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon