Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Trench Survival Mod [4-6]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject:  [YR] Trench Survival Mod [4-6]
Subject description: Survival
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I've been making maps for a long time, but this will be my first map I've ever uploaded.

This map holds six players, 1 to 3 humans/AI's and 3 AI computers. Should that have been written as (1 to 3) instead of (4-6)?

The map features a night theme and Fog of War. The waves start pretty quickly, but come randomly, and keep you occupied through-out the game. Also from what I can tell from playtesting online, it never gets laggy.

Map Theme:
Survival
Night Map
Fog of War
Randomness
Map Mod

Game Play:
Basically you and your other two freinds or AI Allys are both on the bottom of the map. As you play all sorts of random waves come at you. You can use artilery, Gi's and any tactic you can think of to survive the long hour. You may note that the waves you see when you play the map for the first time might not show up the next time you play, or they might show up at an entierly different time. You might also see waves one game which you have never seen before. Other time's you will just wonder what cruel fate has been bestowed upon you. Map features Random Wave Delay triggers, thus allowing seemingly random waves to appear every so often around the normally occuring waves. These can also create games with random difficulty level so be prepared.

Suggested Tactics/Hints:
1. Do not try to advance through your tech level too quickly.
2. Resources become scarce as you spend, build more refinries as soon as you can.
3. Infantry will most likely be your targets durring the game.
4. Air cover is vastly important, but it can probably wait a little, but if you see kirovs and have no air defense, you might as well surrender.
5. If I can't have that special building, nobody else can.
6. Recon, lighting, sensors are important. Make sure to build observation towers.
7. Use height to your advantage, not disadvantage.
8. Your Enemy's units and Infantry heal, beware!
9. It's a game just have fun.

Positions:
Human Players:
Player 1 - Bottom left
Player 2 - Bottom middle
Player 3 - Bottom right
Computer Players:
Player 4 - Top left
Player 5 - Top middle
Player 6 - Top right

All human players get a whole new tech tree. Each country receives a special.
To get the special you must build a Command Center.
Specials:

Yuri:
Mind Tower: Cost=2000 Mind controls 2 infantry at Range=15. BuildLimit=3
Paradrop: 7 Iniates

Allies:
Sniper: Cost=500 BuildLimit=5
(Update: They got nerfed a bit, they were too overpowered.)
Paradrop: 5 Gi's

Soviets:
Tank Bunker: BuildLimit=5
Repair Tank: Repairs tanks.
Shock Trooper: Reduced price by 50.
Paradrop: 10 Conscripts

Special Buildings:
Civilian Airport: Requires Engineer
(Provides Paradrop, and Parabomb Airstrike with SW's on.)
Oil Derick: Requires Engineer
(Provides Cash, unedited.)

New Tech Tree:
Note Buildings names are slightly different in game.

Tech Buildings:
Conyard: Prerequisite=Repair-Pad, War Factory
(Provides a small amount of power.)
Power Plant: Prerequisite=Conyard
(Can be filled with Infantry for additional power.)
Barracks: Prerequisite=Power Plant
Radar: Prerequisite: Power Plant
(Provides a Spyplane every minute, radar, and spysat.)
Refinery: Prerequisite=Power Plant, Barracks BuildLimit=7
(Provides Money like an Oil Derick, Does not need power to function, equiped with light machine-gun turret.)
War Factory: Prerequisite=Radar, Refinery
Repair-Pad: Prerequisite=War Factory BuildLimit=1
(Repairs tanks, also equiped with missle launcher. Known as The Temple ingame.)
Command Center: Power Plant, Barracks, Radar, Refinery, War Factory
(Give's Paradrops and Night Vision Flare. Flare lights up map for 1 minute and 28 seconds with a green tint.)
Heilpad: Prerequisite=Command Center BuildLimit=20
(1 pad, make's harpy's buildable.)
SW Firestorm Generator: Prerequisite=Command Center BuildLimit=1
(Creates a Fire Storm that kill's Infantry and damages tanks. Provides Force Shield as well.)
Field Generator: Prerequisite=Command Center BuildLimit=5
(Provides power, produces a small amount of money like an oil derick so long as it's powered.)

All defense buildings require power unless specified, and they now can upgrade to Vetran and Elite status.
Defense Buildings:
PillBox: Prerequisite=Power Plant
(Does not require power.)
Observation Tower: Prerequisite=Radar
(Does not require power for light, requires power for sensors.)
Sam Site: Prerequisite=Barracks, Radar
Sentry Gun: Prerequisite=Power Plant, Radar, Barracks
TeslaCoil: Prerequisite=Power Plant, Radar, Barracks, Weapons Factory
(Modified to be more effective on infantry swarms, still primarily an anti-tank weapon.)
Artilery Cannon: Prerequisite=Command Center
Vulcan Cannon Observation Tower: Prerequisite=Field Generator
(Provides Sensors and light as well as defense.)

Buildable Tanks:
Light Tank:
(Fast, cheap, cannot run over infantry, but can fight them decently, and is equiped with a light AA gun.)
Jeep:
(Garrisonable, fast, opentopped)
Medium Tank:
(Stronger and faster then a rhino, equiped with a rocket for AA.)
Mammoth Tank:
(Better then the Apoc.)
MCV:
(Now can fly, and has offensive capabilties.)

Buildable AirCraft:
Harpy:
(Contains 10 ammo, lots of life. It's a good scout and can fight. Cost=1000)

Buildable Infantry:
Conscript
(We need more power, he wants to work at a power plant, aren't we lucky?)
Initiate
Gi
(Yeah were going to get alot of use out of him, alot of use.)
Gaurdian Gi
(I actully prefer sam sites, but he is mobile.)
Flak Trooper
(The inbetween guy, for thoses quirky invasions.)
Engineer
(Is there problem?)

Super Weapons:
Night Vision Flare:
(Lights entire battle field ina green haze for 1 and a half minutes.)
ParaBomb Airstrike:
(Releases 8 bombs out of 3 planes.)
Ion Cannon:
(Shoots a 3 cell radius with a ion beam.)
Fire Storm:
(Instantly burns enemy troops or damges tanks lightly.)
Nuclear Missle:
(Unedited.)
Chronosphere:
(Unedited.)
Iron Curtain:
(Unedited.)
Force Shield:
(Now has shorter loose power duration, incresed protection, but it also has a longer recharge time.)

CREDITS SECTION + UPDATES
Ok so that's the new Tech Tree, so I hope you can survive the long hour. All INI work was done by me, all script work was also done by me and everything else, me. Suggestions, critiques, or anything else is welcome.

Also here I am EricAnimeFreak, online XWIS I am DeathNote, and my maps are signed, under the name, Eric_The_hero.

PS. If you want a screen shot of Superweapons I can do that too, There is Night Vision Flare, Parabomb Airstrike, Ion Cannon, and Fire Storm. Or you could just go play the map.

I've updated the map to try to clean up ini more to avoid bugs, not sure if effective, but no error, still no known reason for IE though, waiting on other thread for fix. Map should work though, and info provided looks better now.

Another Update, I have tested, looks good, but still chance of error untill IE EIP can be resolved.

Hmmm. I've played it dozens of times since last update, and redited my maps ai triggers alot. I think all is solved now and map should work a ok. But if an IE does occur please let me know and post an except.txt.

Ok there was another IE, But I'm sure it's fixed. It appears that my field generator did not work like I wanted it too. While it did increase buildspeed, it also had an error if cancelled from buildtab it would crash the game. But Updated version is now uplaoded enjoy.

New Info Added that was originally neglected.

Update: Sniper was too overpowered, now he was nerfed a bit. Also life was increased on Harpy.

Trench Survival Mod Map.JPG
 Description:
Trench Survival Mod Mini-Map
 Filesize:  357.9 KB
 Viewed:  7544 Time(s)

Trench Survival Mod Map.JPG

Screenshot 2.JPG
 Description:
This was taken for the sake of showing you all the buildings. It shows how observation Towers work. And it shows the 4 tank types.
 Filesize:  132.99 KB

Screenshot 2.JPG

Screenshot.JPG
 Description:
This a screenshot taken of the game. It has me with 2 Ai Comp allys on my right.
 Filesize:  81.28 KB

Screenshot.JPG

Trench Survival Mod.yrm
 Description:
Trench Survival Mod.yrm

Download
 Filename:  Trench Survival Mod.yrm
 Filesize:  211.12 KB
 Downloaded:  449 Time(s)

Last edited by EricAnimeFreak on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:14 am; edited 9 times in total

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Caution Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, sorry.

I've played the map dozens of times since last edit, and it's been running fine, but a few minutes ago after playing two games. I got an IE and I have no idea what caused it! I'm pretty sure I did not cause it, whatever it was, but I think it might have been my ally. He was getting his butt-kicked and was evac-ing his base. I know that my map should proabably be pulled untill fixed now though, and that I should actully post this in another section of forum. But I wanted to let others know for right now.

I've checked the EIP on modenc, but it is not listed. Sorry, a few hours ago when I uploaded the map I thought it was 100% error free, and I even played the map many times before I even uploaded it. Anyways, I shall Post in the correct section with the Except.txt. I also used an ini checker, and this dosen't seem like a normal internal error, error. The EIP is 00000061

If anyone feels ambitous you can look at my ini code though.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Fixed, and Sorry. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm. I've played it dozens of times since last update, and redited my maps ai triggers alot. I think all is solved now and map should work a ok. But if an IE does occur please let me know and post an except.txt.

Please enjoy the map, and if you downloaded an earlier version, please update. Thank you.

Updated again, problem with Field generator, problem fixed with new version.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

belongs in mods section I think. BTW if your making a map it is best that you make them without requiring external assets.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, you shouldn't use external assets if you're just gonna make a map.

And you should make a mini mod with more original ideas #Tongue

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ummm, if by external assest you mean additional files. This has no external assests. It's not a mod. It's a mod map. All it requires is having yuri's revenge. It will play over xwis fine.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Okapis Rule
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome map! My preferred method of defending is initiate jeeps. So far I have only done single player, and it is impossible for me to defend more than 25 minutes.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Update + Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alot!
By the way, I've updated this map slightly, also I have 3 versions of it now. Each version is harder than the last. "I call them Brutal, Extremely Brutal, Nearly Impossible."

Also on my new versions the lighting has been changed, laptops don't like the low ambient settings and cause players to play in utter darkness, this is now fixed.

Also I made a fourth map ussing the same scheme, but changed the terrain, made it even harder, modded some of the original mods. I call it, "Impossible" in terms of difficulty. As I've played it over 50 times and only made it down to the last 6 minutes....

It is more about Team Work, as you will find you and your teamates locked back to back with enemies coming at your from all sides.

The rules in the forum state 1 map per thread, however I feel it would be foolish to make a multiple threads for these maps. I consider them to be a pack, and so much alike, that thier basically the same with differen't difficulty levels. So if your intrested in the pack, and maybe some updates for the orignal if you had a laptop, try downloading the pack.

Trench Survival Map Pack.rar
 Description:
Map Theme Pack

Download
 Filename:  Trench Survival Map Pack.rar
 Filesize:  223.94 KB
 Downloaded:  390 Time(s)

Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Update + Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:

...Each version is harder than the last. "I call them Brutal, Extremely Brutal, Nearly Impossible."

...made it even harder...I call it, "Impossible" in terms of ...played it over 50 times and only made it down to the last 6 minutes....

...enemies coming at your from all sides.

(0)_(0)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon