Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR]Bay City(2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject:  [YR]Bay City(2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a city. No real catch. Some pointers would be helpful. Very Happy

Edit: Deleted old version, updated version below.

Last edited by DrKyle1357 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. I played a game on it, and a few things struck me.

1: it feels like there isn't nearly enough ore on the map. I suggest adding atleast one more (small) patch per each side of the river.
2: the longest bridge has one section without a repair hut. If its destroyed, there is no hope for it, and therefore, it will render the entire section useless. can you add some repair huts for that side? the center hut doesnt affect it.
3: the base building spaces seemed a bit cramped, but worked surprisingly well. the buildings make for good, simple defenses.
4: the tech buildings don't seem too evenly spread out for both of the factions. just a thought to re-balance them.
5: it felt like there were some missing details, like civilians wandering around, and cars in the streets. That would liven things up...
6: the water was a bit empty. maybe you could add a few little decorative islands, or maybe some obstacles for ships to dodge.
7: its flat. now, I realize its hard to make good cliffs (trust me, its a pain, but worth it) but could you add a little definition? perhaps just a few hills, or a cliff here and there.

Now, I must say this map had some good points. the buildings were varied extremely well. no boring, repeating buildings is good. the lighthouse was a nice touch too. also, the roads were done pretty well. not too complex, but not to simple either. bravo, dude. I think a version 2 is in order, for sure.

DrKyle1357
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I've had this done for a long time, but had forgot to upload it.

I added:

-More detail
-More little islands
-More ore
-Cars people etc...

Hope you like it! Very Happy

Baycityminimap.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.94 KB
 Viewed:  3381 Time(s)

Baycityminimap.PNG

baycity.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  baycity.yrm
 Filesize:  237.26 KB
 Downloaded:  343 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon