Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Public FAQ
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject:  Public FAQ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q: What is Sandbox?
A: "Sandbox" is just the name of this forum where me and my staff post news, images, ideas, etc. regarding my projects.
None of my mods have the name "Sandbox".

Q: What is Tiberian Sun: ReWire?
A: TS:RW is a Yuri's Revenge mod powered with Ares (aka RockPatch2).

Q: How different will it be compared to original Tiberian Sun?
A: Apart from a complete graphical overhaul, TS:RW will feature the original tech tree, unit and building behaviours, without any changes. Though there will be a lot of extensions, none of them will touch the original gameplay.

Q: So what will then be added and extended?
A: We plan to add new Tech Buildings, buildings based on Tiberian Sun concept art (for example the Nod Repair bay, or the GDI Airport with four landing pads), new terrain tilesets and civilian assets.

Q: What will I need in order to play ReWire?
A: You will need a patched-up copy (version number 1.001) of Yuri's Revenge and Ares (once it will be released), and of course the ReWire files themselves.

Q: Did you consider following the beta versions of the GDI Power Plant and Comm. Centre?
A: No. We are remaking the release versions of the GDI Power Plant and Communications Tower.

Q: Did you consider remaking other beta stuff (for example the Nod heavy tank)?
A: No.

Q: Do you plan to add CABAL and the Forgotten as playable sides?
A: No.

Q: Will you remake the Tiberian Dawn buildings?
A: Yes, we have already done a few experiments.

Q: Do you plan to give the Tiberian Dawn buildings a purpose instead of having them only as eye-candy?
A: Power Plants and Tiberium Silos can be captured and repaired for use. The rest will serve no other purpose.

Q: Do you plan to recreate the TS and FS campaigns and their maps (with the FMVs)?
A: At the moment we plan to include only 2 SP missions. One of the two is from the original campaign.

Q: Have you thought about releasing localized versions of the mod, for example a german one (both censored and uncensored)?
A: Interesting idea, but right now we don't have the people required for voice-overs and translations.

Q: How will the Dropship Bay work?
A: It will work as a GDI-themed Tech Building on MP maps. It is yet to be coded in, but idea is that it will work as an additional War Factory.

Q: Will Tiberium be able to damage infantry?
A: Most likely, yes. Click this link for more information.

Q: Will you include working Firestorm and/or Laser Fence?
A: Most likely, yes. Click this link for more information.

Q: Will you do more side specific stuff?
A: Construction Yard, Refinery, EMP Cannon and Light Infantry are separated in code meaning. But none of them have a exclusive art work yet. This may change after we realise v1.0.

Q:Will Orca Transport be ingame?
A: Yes. You won't be able to build it but will be able to use it on maps if you are lucky gain one.

Q: Will you try and work on the weapon mechanics?
A: Right now we have a TS values. But we are going to improve visual part and probably do changes. For example, in TS Light Infantry were able to shoot over the walls, but Discthrower usually weren't, this not going to happen in TS:RW.

Q: Will you change the lighting to recreate the TS atmosphere?
A: We will do our best. Anyway, this is one of the goals of the mod.

Q: Will the forgotten be included?
A: Yes. Ghoststalker and Mutant Hijacker as well as other wild mutants will be in.

Q: Will the Firestorm tiberium life be included?
A: Yes. Wildlife as Visceroids, Tiberian Fiend and Floaters will appear on maps. Tiberium flora will be remastered too and there will be additions but not much.

Q: Will Firestiom units be included?
A: Yes. If Ares will allow us to recreate some of certain logic like Charging for Mobile EMP or Web Launcher for Cyborg Reaper.

Q: Will Ion storms be included?
A: Yes. If Ares will allow us to recreate its logic.

Q: Will there be Tiberium Veins, Weed Eaters and Chemical missile logics?
A: Currently, I am using a NPatch and here i have a semi-working Weed logic. Veins are grows, harvesteable by Weed Eater and playing a attack animation when run over by vehicles. Seems like it could be restored. I hope that Ares will be also good with it sooner or later. Until then veins are unhavesteable scenery.
Also art for weeds have been changed to follow original concept: huge, dark colored.

Wormfisure
Veins
TS:Rewire Veins

Q: Will there be any additional overlays such as the Tiberium flora/fauna from TS concept art?
A: Yes. We are going to re-create all this concepts:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Q: Will there be any additional terrain pieces from the TS Terrain.
A: Water crossing will be added. As well as there will be YR's sandy beach and TS' swamp-like shores.

Q: Will Jump Jet Infantry use the RA2 tag 'BalloonHover=yes' ?
A: You will be able to control its JumpJet function.
Click this link for more information.

Q: Will the Mammoth Mk2 have its Tertiary Weapon of a front machine gun for infantry, like shown in the FMV. Will it have a much LARGER voxel size ?
A: There will be no machine gun in v1.0. It will be larger but not larger than Weapon Factory doorway.

Q: Will the Chameleon Spy be buildable but have RA2 spy capabilities. Furthermore will it make use of the broken TS tag that makes it cloaked when standing still (cant remember its exact name) as originally intended?
A:You won't be able to build it. And it will not have a RA2 spy capabilities either way. Though, Ares does support a RA1 spying already so it will not be useless that much. Click this link for more information. But i am not so sure about CloakStop= tag.
Click this link for more information.

Q: Are Limpet Drones possible in RA2/YR Ares for TS:Rewire ?
A:No. Not yet.

Q: Is the Ice logic possible in RA2/YR Ares for TS:Rewire ?
A:Most likely, yes. Click this link for more information.

Q: Will infantry be remade or will you use TS infantry?
A: Some of them will be remastered.

Q: How about RAII?
A:There is not much done for this mod. TS:Rewire will be released first.

Last edited by Gangster on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about RAII?

I don't know what to say,but I'd love to see RAII done first than ReWire #Tongue

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q: Will there be Tiberium Veins, Weed Eaters and Chemical missile logics?
I'm not even sure if the Tib Veins feature is even being worked on in Ares is it ?

Q: Will there be any additional overlays such as the Tiberium flora/fauna from TS concept art?

Q: Will there be any additional terrain pieces from the TS Terrain expansion such as Urban cliffs/slopes and water/land crossings etc ?
If at least some of these were included it could make conversion of any RA2/YR maps quite easy for people wanting to mod TS:Rewire or for any of the very few RA2/YR maps u might want to include with TS:Rewire or as additional downloads!?

Q: Will Jump Jet Infantry use the RA2 tag 'BalloonHover=yes' ?
Please say YES!, or if not and if possible at least allow them to deploy into an identical infantry that DOES. I always found the JJ's in TS to be rather useless due to the fact u had to micro manage them otherwise they would land

Q: Will the Mammoth Mk2 have its Tertiary Weapon of a front machine gun for infantry, like shown in the FMV. Also will it have a much LARGER voxel size ?
It would be pretty cool and the Mammoth Mk2 does need a little beefing up from its TS version IMO

Q: Will the Chameleon Spy be buildable but have RA2 spy capabilities. Furthermore will it make use of the broken TS tag that makes it cloaked when standing still (cant remember its exact name) as originally intended ?

Q: Are Limpet Drones possible in RA2/YR Ares for TS:Rewire ?

Q: Is the Ice logic possible in RA2/YR Ares for TS:Rewire ?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
at least allow them to deploy into an identical infantry that DOES.

Not sure if that's even possible, but it would be the best option IMO. Jumpjet troopers' advantage was their ability to land when near AA threats.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Quote:
at least allow them to deploy into an identical infantry that DOES.

Not sure if that's even possible, but it would be the best option IMO. Jumpjet troopers' advantage was their ability to land when near AA threats.

Really!? If they were near an AA threat by the time it took them to land they would be dead anyways. Or they could just fly out the way if they didnt insist on landing after they destroyed 1 target.
I really do think that the RA2 Rocketeers was something RA2 did better than the TS JJ's. Rocketeers are so much more managable and useful, also if they had balloon hover they would be able to make use of there unused fall to the ground death animation #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see and agree with your points. However, my point was, that you can't attack any AA unit/building with a Rocketteer-type unit without taking damage. If you don't go to its range with JJs, you could always just attack it from ground. Besides, JJs could be used quite tactically in some non-base-building missions (too bad TS didn't really have them in these kind of missions).

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

infantry will be remake or just only use TS infantry?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First post updated. 01-21-2010.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you actually determined to finish ReWire or is there a high probability of it being cancelled?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you divide your time between TS:Rewire and RAII?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I have started an activity here. Many of talented people have come to project and become a team member. Not I, WE will finish it.

I don't work on RAII at all, i am concentrated on Rewire.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I heard that GDI will have a helipad with four landing pads, will Nod have a helipad for a single Harpy/Banshee?

Will the Titan be voxel or SHP or a mix of them both as in TS?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
will Nod have a helipad for a single Harpy/Banshee?

I don't know what Gangster has decided about that, but if Nod will have a 4-pad structure, I would recommend something like the fake "cave" (without the cave itself) in one of the TS FMVs: A concrete platform with four circular landing pads, and that glowing stripe in the middle.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice idea actually, Donut is busy with making helipads (but right now they are comes out a too pyramidal #Tongue )

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question:Seeing that ReWire is actually remaking TS in YR,I'm asking if "fan-made"(well,some modders around) extensions will be made to it(I'm asking as I'm thinking that some people around will see it as an alternative to TS).

I'm thinking that there are already so many sequels/prequels to TS(TI,TO) so I'm asking as this could make stuff more interesting in the future.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like a good idea. =)

This is like TS: The Directors Cut.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The limpet drone was a near useless unit, requiring so much micromanagement and blind luck (lol, Hexetic's "C&C: most useless units" video).

If including it at all, why not give it it's original purpose of being BOTH a scout AND an explosive latch-mine detonated at will?

Maybe the modded Ivan bomb principle could be used? The attached Ivan bomb allows you to detonate it at any given time by double clicking on it. Could this be modified into the limpet drone's latching ability, which gives the limpet drone a "invisible suicide attack/harmless terror weapon". Thus it's existence is permanently rendered to be the projectile that is the "Ivan bomb/limpet mine" with an unlimited timer and sight range, having also the option to force detonate the "mine"?

Edit: Have you considered the Chem-Spray Infantry for Nod? It was left out as we know, and the graphic for that unit exists. TS: Retro had it working best atleast graphic wise. The prerequisite building to build it should be the Temple of Nod. Also, why not make the Cyborg Infantry require a War Factory to be built in addition to the Hand of Nod? I didn't like the fact that your entire infantry arsenal (with the exception of the commando's) was buildable early on right after you built the Hand of Nod.

One of the good things about Ra2 is that once you loose a certain building, the buildable unit/building tied to that structure becomes unavailable in the buildmenu, as it should be in TS.

@ Smiffgig: How should the Jumpjet act when facing an Ion Storm?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you considered making the Old Factory into a passive War Factory (i.e when captured allows you to build vehicles a little faster than before)?

If you decide to add more tech buildings, would perhaps a Civilian Heliport be an option? When captured, you are able to call in an Orca Transport that will be dropping off a bunch of Civilian Militia/Forgotten soldiers as reinforcements, giving that particular air unit an additional role in TS:ReWire other than just a finders keepers treat on the map.

Also, it seems pointless to waste an Engineer (500$) on something that you can build for far less the cost, like the Old Silos you said were going to be capturable(150$).

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Chem Spray Infantry doesn't have firing frames anyhow, if i recall right, it wasnt actually a chem trooper but weed cleaner trooper instead that got cut, thus why the leftover cameo is in gdi shades.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct. Chem-Spray Infantry was a GDI unit designed to remove veins that would, yes that's right, spawn via meteors.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about an "Air Factory"? A GDI themed tech building that allows you to build Orca Transports and nothing else.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dropship Bay? Wink

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Dropship Bay? Wink

I think that's a bright idea.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:

tbh Pepzi I had never thought of that and its an important point
I mean either the jump jets have a deploy function so u can tell them to stay on the ground/air or they automatically land just before an Ion Storm commences but I know both of these are ... impossible without .exe hack :S

Anyway Q to Gangster

Q:Will the orca transport be a buildable units and if so, will it be a normal Pad Aircraft (like TS 1.0) or will it be built from the War Fact (RA2 style... would look odd) or something else ?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Pepzi wrote:

tbh Pepzi I had never thought of that and its an important point
I mean either the jump jets have a deploy function so u can tell them to stay on the ground/air or they automatically land just before an Ion Storm commences but I know both of these are ... impossible without .exe hack :S

Anyway Q to Gangster

Q:Will the orca transport be a buildable units and if so, will it be a normal Pad Aircraft (like TS 1.0) or will it be built from the War Fact (RA2 style... would look odd) or something else ?

Have you tried the old and now obsolete mod C&C: Apocalypse? There's a unit that uses the TS JJ locomotor and IMO it's less annoying than in TS.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All aircrafts right now are you usning aircraft locomotors. Yes there is no much difference betwin Orca and Intruder right now but they can use helipad to rearm. Also it alow use us a Carry-All logic. And i havnt met any bugs with Orca Transpot yet. I do like to use JJ for Harpy maybe to remove GDI advantage with new JJtroopers and Transport.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
All aircrafts right now are you usning aircraft locomotors. Yes there is no much difference betwin Orca and Intruder right now but they can use helipad to rearm. Also it alow use us a Carry-All logic. And i havnt met any bugs with Orca Transpot yet. .

1. What is "Intruder"?

Quote:
I do like to use JJ for Harpy maybe to remove GDI advantage with new JJtroopers and Transport

2. You mean like a Rocketeer?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
1. What is "Intruder"?

RA2 Harrier. Unless he means the Banshee/ORCA Bomber.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My guess is that Gangster intends to either:

1. Make Harpy work similar to the Siege Chopper minus artillery deploy ability. Requiring to be built from a warfactory (Helipad with WF logic?)

2. Like Orca Fighter except no need to return to helipad, refilling ammo happens automatically at current location.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:
My guess is that Gangster intends to either:

1. Make Harpy work similar to the Siege Chopper minus artillery deploy ability. Requiring to be built from a warfactory (Helipad with WF logic?)

2. Like Orca Fighter except no need to return to helipad, refilling ammo happens automatically at current location.

1. Not likely.

2. Can land anywhere and doesn't die when helipad gets destroyed.

Note: these presents my opinion, not the whole ReWire crew's opinions.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares has fixed the problems with the DestroyAnims tag, so will you create completely customised destruction anims for your buildings?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Ares has fixed the problems with the DestroyAnims tag, so will you create completely customised destruction anims for your buildings?

I thought there was also a problem with the anim lighting, which stays constant and thus wont be affected by map lighting.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the anim has UseNormalLight=yes then it wouldnt be effected, otherwise it should be fine. However if the anim includes explosions you might want it brighter.

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q: Will all .yrm maps be playable in ReWire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon