Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Installation Guide
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject:  Installation Guide Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RotD Installation Guide (versions up to 2.7)
-----------------------

1) Locate your Tiberian Sun folder on your hard-drive.
2) Next, simply make a copy of the WHOLE folder, and rename the new folder to whatever you like (for example RotD).
3) Extract all files inside the rotd_26_rc1.exe (it is a self-extracting WinRAR archive) into the new folder you created.
4) Now do the same with the patch.
5) After that, open the new folder. If you have the normal CD version of TS, you can proceed to step 7). If you have the TFD version of TS, proceed with step 6).
6) Apply Nyerguds' TFD fix to the dawn.exe. Link to his fix can be found in the RotD download section.
7) Double-click on the dawn.exe to start RotD.
8.) If step 7) was a success and the mod runs fine, you can make a link to the dawn.exe somewhere else, so you don't have to go to the folder every time to play the mod.
9) To uninstall the mod, simply delete the RotD folder.

Please post any questions in this topic.

Last edited by Reaperrr on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Juggernaut
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o_O

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You made some kind of mistake. Reinstall TS and then, reinstall the mod #Tongue.

Juggernaut
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a way to install it again without deleting the 4 Tiberian sun in my pc ?

Because everytime I run the CD it doesn't give me the Install option

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Browse the internal files of the CD and look for a setup.exe.

Then, install the game in another directory.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, actually, your TS is probably working fine.

When that "Failed to Initialize" box appeared, when you where about to play RotD, which DISC, did you have in your disc drive in yer PC?

'Cause if it was Firestorm (CD03), then THATS your problem. You need to be using the GDI disc of TS (CD01).

Same problem happened to me. Thing is, I lost my GDI disc, and thats the only one that this mod will take. So now, I'm looking for no CD crack for CD01, but none so far come with the files on CD01, which you have to copy & paste, as the instructions with the CDCrack direct you to do.

... so I gues, no more RotD.... time to move on to DTA. YAAAYY!!!!!!!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
No, actually, your TS is probably working fine.

When that "Failed to Initialize" box appeared, when you where about to play RotD, which DISC, did you have in your disc drive in yer PC?

'Cause if it was Firestorm (CD03), then THATS your problem. You need to be using the GDI disc of TS (CD01).

Same problem happened to me. Thing is, I lost my GDI disc, and thats the only one that this mod will take. So now, I'm looking for no CD crack for CD01, but none so far come with the files on CD01, which you have to copy & paste, as the instructions with the CDCrack direct you to do.

... so I gues, no more RotD.... time to move on to DTA. YAAAYY!!!!!!!

Try copying maps02.mix file from the Nod CD (CD02) and rename the copy to maps01.mix, maybe that helps.

I'll make RotD 2.8 this summer, with a fix for this problem.

Juggernaut
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

Fyah, firestorm doesn't leave my disc drive from 1 - 2 months xD

Jarzka
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just installed TFD edition of Tiberian Sun + the unofficial 1.03 TDF patch. Then I downloaded and installed this mod but:

Dawn.exe says:
"One or more DLL files were missing or damaged. Please reinstall"

tfd_ts203modfix.exe says:
"Tiberian Sun <TDF> is not installed"

EDIT: I runned Dawn.exe with admin rights and it works but it asks me the CD even it's in the drive?
EDIT 2: I inserted the original TS CD and it says "Failed to initialize. Please reinstall"

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you need to put in the GDI cd, and yes, run as admin.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd, I have The First Decade and RotD works perfectly for me.

Jarzka
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your replies Smile I thought this forum was dead because the latest messages were written in the last few years #Tongue

But anyway I installed Red Alert "TFD" edition and then the unofficial 1.03 patch. Then I installed Tiberian Sun "TFD" edition, runned it as admin and it asks me to put the CD to the drive. I used my original Firestorm CD and then it crashed. I don't have the original Tiberian Sun CD anymore :/

Then I tried to install 1.03 once more and after that Return of the Dawn crashes just when I start it (error code 0xc0000142).
EDIT: Not it gives me the same error code even I have not installed 1.03 Surprised

So... can you please help me? This mod seems to be very nice.

Jarzka
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

02nwilson
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, it's been a long time since I've been on here, but I'm having probs with the patch by nyerguds. I've reinstalled the TFD package 6 times already and the patch is still complaining I don't have TFD installed. Any ideas? btw I'm using windows 7 if that helps

Just a bunch of Gunships

\m/ "Are you dead yet!!?!" Children of Bodom \m/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"the patch by nyerguds"?

Why do people keep thinking I made TFD v1.03? -_-

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
"the patch by nyerguds"?

Why do people keep thinking I made TFD v1.03? -_-

Whoa, Nyer, you missed the last post date or what?

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ that is not a bump.... Since the post by Nyer is relevant.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, something bizarre led to this... I got a mail, on my hotmail (which I don't use as mail, it's MSN only), which was dated about a week ago (as I said, I don't use it as mail, I barely ever check it), and which supposedly came from Jarzka, in which he asked me how to get around ROTD asking for the CD on TFD,

The mail was somehow marked as spam, too, and nothing I did could convince hotmail it might be safe.

Then, I come here, and I see that this Jarzka has not only already posted here months ago, but also already found the fix back then on my tools page...

So yeah, had a little "wtf" moment.

And then I saw someone had -again- confused me with Nathan.

Also, this is not a bump, since this topic is sticky anyway #Tongue

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the bump, but I get a "no CD" error when attempting to launch the mod. I'm using the version of TS and FS EA released to the public, which shouldn't need a NO-CD stuff.

Wat do?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog wrote:
Sorry for the bump, but I get a "no CD" error when attempting to launch the mod. I'm using the version of TS and FS EA released to the public, which shouldn't need a NO-CD stuff.

Wat do?

Hm, to be honest I don't remember exactly, but I thought I had a NoCD-patch pre-applied to the Dawn.exe that comes with the mod?
Well it seems I didn't... Try the exe attached below.

EDIT: Removed since it didn't work, use the patch in the Download topic instead.

Last edited by Reaperrr on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. "Failed to initialize, please reinstall". Reinstalled, same shit.

Anyways, when is 2.8 getting released? Pretty soon? Smile

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog wrote:

Anyways, when is 2.8 getting released? Pretty soon? Smile

If you consider "within 3-5 weeks" soon, then yes Wink

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oshog wrote:

I have uploaded a new update in the Download topic. It includes the old 2.71 hotfix and the NoCD-exe. I tested it myself with the free version of TS, and for me it worked flawlessly. Just make sure to use the new dawn_noCD.exe to start the mod.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Worked like a charm! And I enjoy your mod quite a lot.

Awesome job and tech support, Reaperrr!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon