Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Terrain Expansion v2.02a
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [95 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't recall exactly, but I don't think the separate .ini files were kept updated with the actual package. Probably be best to extract the .ini files from expandmd06.mix to be sure.

fabry
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I am new here and I need FA2 YR Mod Switcher, site link don't work and I love that little trains !!! Smile
Please, help me...
Someone have it or knows where I can find ?
Because there is a link inactivae for dowload this important thing, called FA2 YR Mod Switcher.

Thank you very much for the time.

Delta
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I know that these thread are old, but give it anyway to download the Fa2YR mod Switcher, on the Website the downloadlinks can't be found.

Thanks for any answer

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+=Marvin=+
Cyborg Soldier

Location: Originally from Philipines. Currently on NZ. Hacker Type: Game Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this both for red alert 2 and yuri's revenge??

Learning C++ Very Happy

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic bump. Nice goin', pal >_>

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be fair, its a sticky, so its always at the top anyhow. All this does is draw my attention as one of the maintainers. At which point I will say that the question is answered earlier in the thread, its YR only, read the full thing next time.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is anyone actually working on TX anymore?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If not they should pass the baton on to someone else. I'd even volunteer to add to TX.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking the same... #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought that who ever wanted to work on TX could do so, as long as proper credit is given?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo Mig, lets work on TX. #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I feel this could be the start of a beautiful relationship XD

Where can I get 2.02a tho? I only have 2.02.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: 2.02a Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have it, ill get it and post it here. Ill just edit this post

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, please do. I need to get a hold of it too.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: 202a Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have it, i've tried posting it but after 2 min it says: Tried to upload empty file. I tried to email mail it to you Aro, but verizon wont send anything over 8,000 kb, ill try to post it on renegade forum, and post a link if it works

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: LINK TO 202a Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Nikademis Von Hisson on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I knew it was somewhere on ES but couldn't find it on the main site.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: site Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any time I find a site that is down or useful I bookmark it. I have pretty much every editing tool that is out there. Glad I could help.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The TX actually has a proper website at http://tx.strategy-x.com/ again for future reference. The TX is also handled by Marshall's LaunchBase automatically.

Yeah, if anyone wants to expand the TX further feel free. MetalMario was supposed to be doing a big update with stuff like height 2 ramps and cliffs and such IIRC, but he vanished before I got a working copy. MadHQ expressed an interest in working on it as well, but never got back to me on it.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Terrain Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I am still working on terrain items. I have been going over my stuff trying to fix any problems. I have a post on here showing some new tiles and what not that I am adding. Maybe 200 pieces alone for the urban setting. After I complete that I will move on to snow and then temp theater.

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this will be great if you guys update this, seeing's how Dcoder is back to working on Ares. and did you guys see his post today?, tons of new foundation sizes going in.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: 202A Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just realized that if you go back to page 1 there was a tab you could have clicked on to dl 202a......

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are several things that I have made for D-day that I can simply reskin & add to the TX, such as 2 cell high cliffs & 360 cliffs etc.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I plan on adding plenty of additional LAT's, and other details to all the different theaters, this could give me a use for some of my old YR abandoned work.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

evolution?

btw... no caps "r" in ma name

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: raminator Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LEGOS RULE!!! LOL

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
evolution?

btw... no caps "r" in ma name

I was thinking more like Global Warfare. Last time I checked you was using Evolution terrain in other projects. Razz
Also, fixed.

crevio
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you guys need any terrain Images, I have tons of them, many very high quality. I'd give you guys a hand but I'm already up to my ears in terrain editing right now.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i never used evo-stuff somewhere else...
just used the water-texture for the shore testing in ps instead of 3d...

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't seem to get the destructible cliffs from tx too ... destroy. Any help anyone?

DJBREIT
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You will need the rock patch or what ever they are working on now a-days
It is a hard code problem that can only be fix throw a hack.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DJBREIT wrote:

Yer but that silly git who makes the rock patch doesn't support no-cd crack to be legit... ROFFL Ea supports the no-cd's for classics and I managed to convince olaf to make his own multiplayer only no-cd cracks for xwis servers.

I don't have my originaly cd's for ra2/yr. All thats left are the serials.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wait next year until it becomes legimate freeware.

We don't like getting sue/tarnishing reputation of modding.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought that since TFD was released that RP and its decendants are effectively no-cd anyhow?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:

[morning rage]

Dude I got a lot of respect for all that you have done and all... BUT YOU ARE REVERSE ENGINEERING THE GAME WHICH IS ILLEGAL READ THE DAMN AGREEMENT U ACCPTED DURING THE INSTALL.

jeez ... when ea supports no cd how will you get sued or tarnish your reputation? Instead you will make your work more userfriendly as a lot of people at this stage dont have their original cd's anymore. The reason why olaf didnt support no cd was because he is bound and supported by ea and he thaught ea didnt allow no cd's. After showing him one link how ever he reconsidered and released one for tibsun / ra2 and probably coming for yuri's as well.

In one year my project will be dead and most likely the game aka ra2 will have no chance to get new life blown into it which is what im trying to do with the current online community.

Why rage? It's so daamn frustrating...

[/morning rage]

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: rage Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
Allied General wrote:

[morning rage]

Dude I got a lot of respect for all that you have done and all... BUT YOU ARE REVERSE ENGINEERING THE GAME WHICH IS ILLEGAL READ THE DAMN AGREEMENT U ACCPTED DURING THE INSTALL.

jeez ... when ea supports no cd how will you get sued or tarnish your reputation? Instead you will make your work more userfriendly as a lot of people at this stage dont have their original cd's anymore. The reason why olaf didnt support no cd was because he is bound and supported by ea and he thaught ea didnt allow no cd's. After showing him one link how ever he reconsidered and released one for tibsun / ra2 and probably coming for yuri's as well.

In one year my project will be dead and most likely the game aka ra2 will have no chance to get new life blown into it which is what im trying to do with the current online community.

Why rage? It's so daamn frustrating...

[/morning rage]

Why would you post in here if all you are going to do is b*tch, p*ss, and moan............

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well modding has never been considering "illegal" otherwise they wouldn't talk about modifications for their games during battlecast or the engineering by Nyerguds.

There is also a significant different between changing some rules/artwork which is basic modding i.e. [GAYARD]TechLevel=12 and engineering the game to play without a CD so it can be distributed free of charge.

Also I doubt Olaf would have released a no-cd crack before the game was public freeware.

Finally in regards to disc, we can thank the people for ebay and also legal ISO back up programmes.

Before any cnc game became freeware, the community sites such as PPM and Strike Team forums have condoned the advertising or endorsement of such apps.

Finally in regards to game dying, people leaving. If you decide to disappear from cnc community, thats up to you, their is no obligation to anyone. The game is 9+ years old and tbh no one is stopping you. People are still playing the older titles so I think that statement is about as valid as Sam Bass saying only 5% of players completed CNC3.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DJBREIT
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
DJBREIT wrote:

Yer but that silly git who makes the rock patch doesn't support no-cd crack to be legit... ROFFL Ea supports the no-cd's for classics and I managed to convince olaf to make his own multiplayer only no-cd cracks for xwis servers.

I don't have my originally cd's for ra2/yr. All that’s left are the serials.

When they say they don't support no-cd crack it means they don't want some one coming around with a cracked program wining that there program dose not work just to find out it was the crack causing the problem.

If you do have a crack program and run across a problem(lets say the rock patch) make sure it is not the crack doing it by seeing if someone with a legit copy can reproduce the problem.

P.S. The destructible cliffs do not work in the legal copy of RA2/YR. This is only possible with the Rock patch or one of the other program that where made to hack and fix some of the problems with the original game.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I'm aware of everything you are saying. Yet you quite clearly didn't read or take in post.

Ra2 is not freeware neither is yuris yet its being reverse engineered and olaf has released no cd multipalyer only for red alert 2. You still need a serial to use the game adding a no cd option wouldnt change spreading of the game for free in any other way as spreading a iso of the game already does. Also the no cd is freely available and has been for ages from a certain site which i wouldnt advertise here.

Also provided the no cd function would be added to the exe of rock patch it would only cause problems if the game was missing the data files from the cd aka the specific .mix files for each section of the game.

Anyway thanks for help djbreit... The rest of you ... get real.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should also note at this point that if you have any level of savvy you can burn a perfectly functional CD-R copy of YR that passes the CD check. I did so years ago for home lan play, I imagine the tools for backing up your legitimate copy are even better now.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My current rig is self built and over clocked and loaded with tons of software for just aobut anything you can imagine.

My yuri disc broke ages go so i got pirated iso which doesnt pass the cd check so im forced to use a no cd crack. How ever i still use a legit serial to install it and to play online on xwis.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. I know you can get pirated/no-cd crack versions of software, its nothing new.

2. Until its becomes freeware, don't bother mentioning it, since I can't find PPM's official stance on it, I just have to use this link as reference (when TS was not freeware)

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13670&sid=07137e9cb841c99c52d754a8d24ff91a

3. Its incredibly easy to make legal back ups of your disk with todays software and the game is so dirt cheap to actually buy, I don't think broken is a excuse.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. I was not talking to you or informing you or even stating that you would not know such info.

2. I'm planning to have my mod as a standalone game with its own server so why the hell should my standalone's users would have to use a god damn yuri cd.

3. I KNOW HOW TO MAKE GOD DAMN BACKUPS I READ IT THE FIRST TIME I WAS TOLD FFS ... :@

4. DO YOU EVEN READ THE FLIPPEN POSTS BEFORE REPLYING?

5. Be gone and quit wasting my oxygen. I have no time for people like you.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, just wait another year when RA2 and YR will become freeware.

And also, the end user liscense agreement (EULA) from these games is against any sort of modification done to the game. So, it is against modding as well. However, EA recognizes that mods, rock patch and similar stuff has extended the sales of their games, so they tolerate it, although they do not provide any official support for it.

And, as Allied Generals, we do not endorse warez stuff here. Our official instance on warez lies at the following topic:

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1095

So, I'm locking this one.

[Locked]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [95 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon