Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
You'll like this fo' shore!
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject:  You'll like this fo' shore! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waddaya think?

des_shore.png
 Description:
Desert shore
 Filesize:  262.58 KB
 Viewed:  10865 Time(s)

des_shore.png

winter_shore.png
 Description:
Temperate/Winter shore
 Filesize:  244.67 KB
 Viewed:  10865 Time(s)

winter_shore.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's very good, a decent work. How it gets more brighter closer to shore and all.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there needs to be some fading on the shores
other than that defintively nice =)

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
there needs to be some fading on the shores

Oh noes, I don't want to spend even more time on this #Crazy

On the desert terrain, it's actually supposed to be like that, although the difference in brightness between the shore sand and clear terrain turned out a little bigger than planned. Well, I'll have another look at it.

The temperate/winter shores need a smoother transition for the most part though, I agree.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I love it... feels so retro and yet oddly new.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Wow, I love it... feels so retro and yet oddly new.

thx, that was the goal Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I like how the temperate one turned out better than the desert one. Like you already mentioned, I think the brightness difference between the water, shore and clear terrain is too big.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Hmm, I like how the temperate one turned out better than the desert one. Like you already mentioned, I think the brightness difference between the water, shore and clear terrain is too big.

Well, the water can be made a bit darker by palette editing, but that won't work for the shores since they actually share some colors with the clear terrain. Well, I'll see what I can do.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm TBH I prefer the desert one.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think they are fine the way they are:) Good work.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, in summary, some say the desert shore looks better, some say the temperate shore looks better, some say they need smoother (color?-) transitions and some say they're good the way they are...

Currently, my targeted release date for this version of ROTD is 5th of April, that means I don't have much time left, and there's still plenty of other things to do, so other than adding a few details like a small rock here and there, I decided that I won't put much more work into the shores.

btw, forgot to mention: the transitions between the shore pieces themselves (NE shore - corner piece - SE shore, for example) actually were improved after I made these screenies, so combined with the added details, the final result will look a bit better than what you see on these screenshots.

Anyway, I think most of you will agree that these look better than the old TS shores, that has to be good enough for now #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon