Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TSTW Progress report with pics
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject:  TSTW Progress report with pics Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, as always, TSTW progress is steady.

First a small rundown on the sides in TSTW:

GDI
Medium priced, strong units, style of gameplay=(very) strong attack. Almost every unit is strong and effective against most targets, ie easy to use, money will be well-spent. Medium base defenses. Needs backup with units. Superweapons are ofcourse the Ion Cannon TSTW style Cool , Droppods (could be changed though), and the Hunterseeker (could be changed as well)

Union of Nod
Under the command of Slavik, Nod continues Kane's focus on tiberium based weaponry and experimental stuff. High priced units with medium power; you'll need to choose your units well or your units will easily loose to GDI's. Strong weapon defenses that can hold their own although it's not recommended (due to smart TSTW AI). Superweapons include Chemical Cluster missile and Meteor Storm (not like TSR... you'll get multiple meteors of many different kinds and different effects on what they hit Twisted Evil )

CABAL
CABAL, or Computer Assisted Bionically Augmented Lifeform, goes the high-tech route; most units are somewhat cyborg/robot-like. High price, low powered units; need heavy backup from EMP. EMP is one of CABAL's strongest points. He has an instant EM Enforce Superweapon, Support Drones that can disable enemy vehicles with EMP and also Air EMP support. Strong defenses, like Nod. Units are fully adapted to Tiberium so they'll heal in it.

Mutant Rebel Army
Or MRA, for short. Focus on mobile weaponry and adapted to tiberium world. All important buildings are mobile and can be moved anywhere on the map. All units heal in tiberium, all units and buildings are immune to veins. Low priced units, Medium unit strenght. Weak/medium defenses. Lots of infantry to use, also some tiberium based weapons. Mutants can somewhat control the tiberium world, their superweapons (that are mobile, btw) are based on it.

IMPROVEMENTS OVER STANDARD TS
TSTW aimes to improve EVERYTHING.
-new & better graphics for units and terrain, MUCH better looking maps.
-hundreds of new sounds
-many, many new units, two full new sides
-Balancing should be better than standard TS
-AI has been GREATLY improved, infact i dare to say it's the smartest CnC AI to be developed...
-Many features you won't see in other mods, like unique superweapons, unique graphical effects, REAL veterancy for units...
-more life-like combat; units will deal the damage you'd expect them to do in real life (although no one-shot kills, don't worry!)
-Many new maps and map features.
-Fully compatible with both TS and TS Firestorm. You'll get ALL features of TSTW when you do not have Firestorm expansion; in fact almost every Firestorm feature comes with TSTW so that's double the fun if you do not yet have Firestorm.

Some pics:

flashbombers2.gif
 Description:
GDI\'s Flash Bombers demolishing some Nod stuff.
 Filesize:  81.32 KB
 Viewed:  21307 Time(s)

flashbombers2.gif

ioncannon.gif
 Description:
Ion Cannon TSTW style with particle effects. Screenshots does not do justice to ingame effect.
 Filesize:  80.05 KB
 Viewed:  24790 Time(s)

ioncannon.gif

newfona1.gif
 Description:
A new Tiberium Plant.
 Filesize:  88.11 KB
 Viewed:  21302 Time(s)

newfona1.gif

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aw, the tiberium plant looks kinda weird in GIF format.. well anyways, here's a shot of my new snow map for TSTW, with city buildings in snow format.

snowcity.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  403.96 KB
 Viewed:  21284 Time(s)

snowcity.gif

AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good but the road ends rgiht after the gas station are u gonna fix that?

also are there ANY pics of a mutant base or anything(beside that fireblaster thingie)

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlteredFreak wrote:

also are there ANY pics of a mutant base or anything(beside that fireblaster thingie)

looking good dvd Smile

AlteredFreak, the map is not ready yet, or was.

weird looking plant, duzz it eat infantry Wink (dam that gives me an idea) copyright by Wes.com Razz

when are u gonna release the mod, and dont say soon Mad

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice! Very Happy Cool

Great work, The DvD!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
AlteredFreak
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wes.com wrote:
AlteredFreak wrote:

looking good dvd Smile

AlteredFreak, the map is not ready yet, or was.

weird looking plant, duzz it eat infantry Wink (dam that gives me an idea) copyright by Wes.com Razz

when are u gonna release the mod, and dont say soon Mad

do you copyright every idea you have?

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looking really good dvd,

r u gonna add snow to the buildings, and like altered freak said, r there any pics of the mutant base

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DVD,

I... I love you. In an entirely heterosexual way.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet Merciful Crap!
I love what its shaping up to be like! Finally, some good snow buildings to use in maps, but I agree, some snow on them would look great!
I like what you have planned for each of the sides, and I really love that new Plant *coughs* not that it was one that I found... *coughs* but you've brought it up really well, and goes great with the terrain! Very Happy
Keep up the good work, for the love of god keep up the good work!

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah thanks again for finding it.. remember you still got your special rank on tumsun Wink

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks good but the cars and buses in the map look very grey. are they supposed to or is it the snow pallette

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they're supposed to. In fact they looks the same in temperate maps, only brighter. that because i use darker lighting for snow maps, otherwise they are too bright (if you can follow what i mean)

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DvD, did you get my PM?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes...to solve the problem you just need to enlarge your map vertically about 4 cells.. leave the 'top' value in the 'Visible portion of the map' section as it is, or restore it when it changes after you changed the map size.

Natus
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty dam good.

Empire Earth: The AI doesn't build their bases in a logical fashion, but has superb offensive and defensive capabilities.
Red Alert 2: The development team was stoned during this part of the programming.

- Geekspeek

Psycho
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Ion Cannon with particle is damn kool. u used particle system for that effect, or anim. Can u plz send me the particle effect (particle code/anim)? i'm working on Ion Cannon SW for YR and u'll also b credited 4 that stuff.

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're getting a PM from me soon, Psycho. (cuz i'm not gonna shout it around as i created the effect)

WorrBerd0k3
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks great!!!!!!!!!, i love the flash bombers's explosion effect, the plant looks great, bet it would be better ingame, and the particle effects are cool, but one problem,

Where i come from your "snow" is more like a light dusting, putting some texture to the snow would be good, not to be like a big bad mean dude, i love the mod, (alas i cant download it when it comes out the, my comps broked) again it looks sweet, keep it up!

#2gunfire Now... I know packing 2 .45's aint as good as a Orca Fighter... but i think they'll do some damage on the Jet Puff Man. Smile

pft1086
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, I want that plant soooo badly.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well about the snow, that map was still unfinished when i took the screenshot.. i detail my maps highly so the final version has terrain that looks quite a bit better.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the plant looks like a huge green tib crystal now i come to think of it Confused

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Psycho
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx The DvD. This will make my ion Cannon more stylish Smile

Download SW tutorial :
1. Temp site
2. ES3

Contact abt SW : psycho_yrsw@hotmail.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon