Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
Great mod, but...
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tsunami_MkII
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject:  Great mod, but... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my first ever post on this site, so I dunno whos who yet. Bear with me.
Anyway, I have downloaded and tested out this mod. It was a LOT of fun. It really did feel like it was more of an 'improved' Tiberian Sun and less a 'what if.' Like so many other mods are ie. one that pack in the new units and do nothing else.
Well done SMIFFGIG .
However, there were a few things I didn`t like about it. I guess my opinion don`t count for much, but if anyone else agrees please say so.
The crates were annoying. Cool units which you can`t build came out of them. I`ve found three, Stealth Tank MkII, some long range missile thing (MLRS) and an ICBM launcher from the final NOD mission on TS. But it didn`t DO anything. Also, there was one occasion where I sent my guys to get a crate and the instant they did I got an internal error. I don`t know if it was related, but I can see no other reason.
Considering that we have the Mobile Artilery, Mammoth Tanks, Meteor Storm, Chameleon Spy and a lot of other stuff that was expected in Tiberian Sun (Firestorm), I was surprised that someone didn`t dig out a way to get the Dropship function working. Maybe even rig it to carry vehicles to. Not just a jumbo Orca Transport though. Actually using that discarded image from TS. I dunno what to call it.

Sporty_Thievz
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what i can remember in SMIFFGiGs early versions the dropship was impossible to get to work.

Don't know if it works now though Smile

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, even tho the dropship loadout shp's are in TS! Laughing

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dropship loadout is fully working, even in multiplayer i've heard. But a dropship that transports units and that can be controlled by you (like an apc) is impossible.

Ah and SMIFF did you find any errors with the crates?

Tsunami_MkII
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don`t know what you mean. In TSRetro I`ve found nothing Dropship related. Having it work as a superweapon like Drop Pods would be a good idea though. Since NOD have the Meteor Storm.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant it's possible to get it to work Wink

And no, no dropship superweapon is possible.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, the dropship bay has been enabled to a similar way to as it was originally going to be. You select units on a seperate screen, and dropships arrive, carrying these units.
From what I know this is a single-player option, in missions. I don't think it can be used in multiplayer, and considering Retro is only a multiplayer mod at the moment, you won't be seeing it until some missions for Retro are made and released.
The dropship can not be made ingame, to be able to carry multiple units in a multiplayer game, like say the amphibious transport in RA2.

About the superweapon. In TS there is a limit to the number and type of superweapons you have. You can't add new superweapons, only replace existing ones. Also, I'm not sure it could be used to as a superweapon. Sounds like a good idea.. but I don't think it can be done.

Crate units, are just extras to please those who like the stupid and cool things added to TS. That or things which have no real place elsewhere. I'm sure the ICBM could be enhanced to do something, the same with the MRJ, but its not a priority.

And did you say INTERNAL ERROR!!?? Smiff and I spent days checking it for IE's! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE! Shocked #Mad

Glad you like the mod, and look out for 1.25.. there will be plenty of great additions, including.. hopefully, some missions.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know about mission(s) for 1.25. Maybe one or two preview ones. I think the campaign won't be really commenced until talk of 1.3, however.

And btw, Dropship Loadout does work in multiplayer. It was not included because... well it just wasn't. But hopefully you will see some of it in 1.25.

Tsunami_MkII
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Muldrake. Thats just the kind of answer I was looking for. Not that I liked what you had to say, but thanks anyway. Pity about that Dropship thing. It really would be cool to have a yuperweapon that dropped a few Titans and Wolverines-something like that. Or, you select a few tanks manually, put them in the Dropship bay, then the ship automatically decends, lifts and moves them to a location you pick out. Ok, thats a little too specific, but a nice idea IMO.
BTW, did I hit a sore spot with that Internal Error comment? Well sorry but it did happen. It may not be what done it, but if I were you I`d go straight for the crate programming.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news! I've found the IE!
Thank you, Tsunami_MkII for pointing it out.
I suspected it when he mentioned it was a crate, and as no one had mentioned it before, it must have been a unit.. as there is a low probability of getting a specific unit.
Anyway to cut a long story short, its a unit's weapon (actually 2). I've corrected the problem, and I'll just check for any more problems, before posting up an updated rules.ini file.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What weapon, muldrake? i'm into TSR bug hunting too Wink

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well its the secondary weapon for a hidden unit. The "Mole Tank".
I don't know if I should say more.
But rest assured, there will be a mini-update to cure this. It will probably just be a rules.ini file, so you simply put it in your TS directory (even a 4 year old could do that Very Happy ) and problem solved.
Smiff and I are just going through any other small things that can be updated through the rules.ini, like the Tusk missile warhead vs aircraft. The new rules should be posted soon, so keep an eye out! Smile

Sporty_Thievz
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
Well its the secondary weapon for a hidden unit. The "Mole Tank".
I don't know if I should say more.
But rest assured, there will be a mini-update to cure this. It will probably just be a rules.ini file, so you simply put it in your TS directory (even a 4 year old could do that Very Happy ) and problem solved.
Smiff and I are just going through any other small things that can be updated through the rules.ini, like the Tusk missile warhead vs aircraft. The new rules should be posted soon, so keep an eye out! Smile

Are you and Smiff internet friends Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon