Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
Pokemon "Hacked" Games
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject:  Pokemon "Hacked" Games
Subject description: Has anyone wanted a custom fan-made one?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't look at the name and think this is bad... I'm not releasing any of my edited Pokemon games because that'd get me in trouble with Nintendo... But has anyone tried making their own Pokemon game based off the game boy games of it? Even if it was simply making your own maps for it. Right now, my changes only include new maps that I want to use, which I made using the graphics from Leaf Green. I have some of my work below, but does anyone else do this, or want to do this? Or even want to play a custom Pokemon game?

Eldrei
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the f*ck?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you do this?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did a town and a route (including the insides of the houses) of some game I had a few ideas for. Got bored, but wouldnt mind doing it again.

Wasn't a hack though, this was for RPG Maker.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AH, the good ol grid spaced Sprite days. I remember those well. I would like to do one from the ground up.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried making a Pokémon game myself many years ago with the exact same app. RPG maker is fun for 2 days, then you realize it's a bitch scripting things in Ruby.

I still have ideas in the back of my head about making one, but I put it in the fridge seeing I've got better things to do. #Tongue

Another bummer is that many Pokémon communities (Including Serebii) condemn custom Pokémon games and posting about them is grounds for a permaban, just because they think Nintendo holds the rights to the game and the EULA disallows editing or reproduction of any kind (compare it to C&C modding and you'll see the insanity in that statement).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got to have a go at this.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM Pokemans Cartography Contest? #Tongue

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol i never knew there were some pokemon fans here; i guess some knows where i got the name altomare :V pokemon shinygold's a great example on making maps. That one was a remake of gold and it was pretty fun to play

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pokémon relies heavily on the metagame, perhaps too heavily. Take a look at smogon, a site for competitive battling. Pokémon is quite complex, there's lots of maths and strategy involved if you wish to play at high level. I'm not much of a competitive player because I get bored really quickly when deciding on how to construct my team.

Pokémon hacks/customs ought to change the gameplay, not just have new maps... #Tongue

Last edited by Titan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's also an official remake of Gold as well if you're paying attention :p Heart Gold.

/Edit cause of the person above me :p
Pokemon Hacks can also add pokemon from what I have seen, there's a hack of a ROM (Leaf Green I think it was) that had Giritina from Platinum/Pearl/Diamond in it.

AltomareXD
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol i know. if only my ds wasn't stolen

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since some of you guys are talking about RPG Maker with pokemon, I figured I'd show part of my little RPG Maker XP project using slightly edited tiles from the games. All the white space is transparent areas, so that the tiles can be used with more tiles then just grass and so the designer wouldn't be as confused. The set most likely isn't complete though.

Pokemon TileSet - General Route.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.03 KB
 Viewed:  3518 Time(s)

Pokemon TileSet - General Route.png

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah, Pokemon. :X I rather edit Super Mario World! #Tongue

Indeed i never played an single pokemon game (just one time) >_<

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really makes me wanna make one heh.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same, I'd love to make my own Pokémon game.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i useto play rpg maker for while,it's very handy tool too bad i don't have an idea what to do with it. - -

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I should continue... #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No bolt, get back on your mods :V

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum