Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Outskirts of Battle City - MOD [3-6]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject:  [YR] Outskirts of Battle City - MOD [3-6]
Subject description: Team map with Suvival aspects.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map holds six players, 1 to 4 human players and 2 AI computers ALWAYS.

This map is basically a 3 vs. 3 team map with 2 sides going after each other. It also holds true to aspects of a survival map. Each side has a Yuri command center which spawns waves at the other players base every so often, as the game progresses theses waves get more intense.

However a player may attempt to -disarm- the other players spawned waves by destroying his enemies command center, "located on the 2 black spots on the mini-map", and vice-versa.

Map Theme:
Survival
Team Play

Game Play:
Basically you must protect your "Command Center" or your opponent will gain advantage over you, meanwhile you must try and destroy his "Command Center" to gain advantage over him.
Of course this pits 1 ally against survival waves, while the other faces off against another human.
Namely, Player 1 and Player 6 will be dealing with waves while Player 3 and 4 duke it out in the city over resources.

Note, destroying your opponents Yuri Command Center will stop Survival waves on your position. If he destroys yours, then your survival waves will stop on him.

Positions:

Team Red:
Human Players:
Player 1 - Left middle
Player 3 - Bottom middle
Computer Players:
Player 2 - Bottom left

Team Blue:
Human Players:
Player 4 - Top middle
Player 6 - Right middle
Computer Players:
Player 5 - Top right

Mod Info:
All human players get a choice between 3 new sides, "By selecting soviets, allies, or yuri."

Each side has a unique set of "New Tech" and plays uniquely. You will have to try playing each side to see them all.

Sneak-peak:
Allies - Air Based - Has Spys

Soviets - Tank Based - Has Mk2's

Yuri - Infantry Based - Has Gap

Super-weapons are available, "and can be disabled via the tab", but they are Simulated, and you can now have 5 unique to your side. They take 6000 frames to recharge after each use, and most be manually fired, "if a better system for map-mods exists for multiple virtual SW's then I might take that advice."

Author Notes:
I hope you guys have fun playing this map, any tips advice would be great. I know my maps aren't greatly detailed, but I put quite a bit of time into this Map-Mod. "And if something can be Improved, this map may see updates on occasion for balancing, etc."

This map is made for online XWIS vanilla-Yuri and Does Not Require Any External Assets.

Update:
Did some balancing after a few online games with map. Had to add some more resources to the right side of map as well as alter some units for balance.

Update:
More balance because people complained there still wasn't enough, Gdi players will be happy to know that they can once again train Spys, as was originally intended.

Update:
Fixed Typo. 4/12/09 1:09 Eastern Time.

Update:
Found some bugs and got rid of them. Also did a little more balancing. SPY was causing NCO because I forgot a tag, and GDI's flak truck couldn't damage tanks has been fixed. New Power plant for GDI side.
Balancing.

Update:
Ok, I know I keep updating, but its because I'm trying to straighten and balance this map out, I think I'm pretty close, if not done. Some more fixes were made for balance, the mini-map has changed again slightly too. The biggest change would be the switch over from Heli-Miners to Stealth Miners on GDI's side, however the Heli-miner is still available with purchase of refinery. Fixed Typo.

Update:
Did some final balancing, hopefully it's perfect now, since I've already moved on to making another new map. Added a new Drop Ship that acts as a flying transport for tanks and infantry. Also Gave GDI a new Destroyer tank.

Update:
OK, not so much an update, but as joke Update. Well I did fix a single tag. Darn Crashable=yes on Stealth miners.... But I also added in a rare mystery trigger... If you play the map enough, "and don't cheat by opening it in FA2," you will be greeted with a great conversation between a certain bunny and fox. Its a trigger that has a very small chance to go off, but I think you will find it amusing.

Update:
Fixed ZEP's Weapon Exploit.
Oh and I made a new map, go check it out! Now! lol....

Update:
Fixed Star Fox Bug that crashed map on launch, sorry.

Outskirts of Battle City - MOD.jpg
 Description:
Current Mini-Map.
 Filesize:  405.52 KB
 Viewed:  9747 Time(s)

Map Mini-Map.jpg
 Description:
Mini-Map
 Filesize:  198.39 KB
 Viewed:  9910 Time(s)

Map Mini-Map.jpg

Outskirts of Battle City.yrm
 Description:
Outskirts of Battle City - MOD
Balance Update. Because People Online love to complain. - Bugs Found and fixed. - More balance and "tiny" bugs.
Added Drop Ship and Destroyer Tank for GDI. New Special Trigger.
Fixed ZEP
Fixed Star fox Bug
Added or

Download
 Filename:  Outskirts of Battle City.yrm
 Filesize:  391.8 KB
 Downloaded:  450 Time(s)

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Last edited by EricAnimeFreak on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 am; edited 12 times in total

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude....you used autocliffs?

Well, first, its not an bad map, looks good, has an city, and all, but the layout, where it is? The flat cliffs, the square starting pos and ore fileds, not against it but you could make some more effects on it. Smile

EDIT: nevermind, i see its an survival map......

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Survival maps don't have to be ugly, Shadow Hunter.

TBH, the basic shape is all right. But the shape of the cliffs is boring and unnatural. If I remember correctly, Aro once said that the three things to remember in mapping are, "Don't use auto-lat, auto-shore, or auto-cliffs".

More natural, curving cliffs would make the map oh so much better to look at.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Survival maps don't have to be ugly, Shadow Hunter.

TBH, the basic shape is all right. But the shape of the cliffs is boring and unnatural. If I remember correctly, Aro once said that the three things to remember in mapping are, "Don't use auto-lat, auto-shore, or auto-cliffs".

More natural, curving cliffs would make the map oh so much better to look at.

Most of they unfortunately are, thats why i said it was alright and all, thats the first survival map where i had really fun. #Tongue

Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey this is the map you have on your avatar! Nice job with the setup, it's something new that I just have to make some maps myself like that.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the New Mini-Map.

Description:
Outskirts of Battle City - MOD
Updated Mini-Map
 Filesize:  394.4 KB
 Viewed:  9816 Time(s)

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know, this map is very unbalanced. Players 1 and 6 have a clear advantage over everyone. they are confined behind cliffs and players "be it humans or comp" must go thru all other players to get to them. While players 3 and 4 have a huge disadvantage, they will certainly be the first attacked, while 1 and 6 sit back tuck away out of reach. IMO If ratings were 1-10 I'd give it a 2, but thats just me.

And cliff's need more shape instaed of being boxy!

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While it's true the cliffs are boxy. Players 1 and 6 have to deal with spawned waves. In fact there's more stuff attacking them.

Players 3 and 4 are suppose to go on the offense with each other. Players 2 and 4 are always set as comps. And Players 1 and 6 have to deal with spawned waves that get harder as the time goes on. Waves can be stopped but it requires that you destroy your enemies yuri command center.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Cranium: This map may be unbalanced, but it still offers some strategy!

The terrain is too artificial, but I still like the players layout. The city on the top is more city-like than the one on the bottom btw.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon