Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Death or Survival - MOD [3-5]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject:  [YR] Death or Survival - MOD [3-5]
Subject description: Survival Map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map holds five players, 1 to 3 human players and 2 AI computers.

This map is a survival map.

Map Themes:
Survival
Mods

Game Play:
Well this plays like a lot of survivals you may have played in the past. If you have played mine, that's a bit more what you should expect. "In the past I have called some of my Survivals, Impossibly hard, by the way I finally Beat my Crater Wars map a few weeks ago."

Well Besides trying to survive for about an hour, everything is thrown at you, from nukes, apache helicopters, waves, and even more time. The map has a random Time shortener and extender. Yes its random. And the times usually end up between 40 minutes to an hour and 20 minutes depending on your luck, though I suppose it is technically possibly for a string of bad luck to land you in the map for a very long time. But that's very unlikely!

Resources are thin and the bad guys are coming for you. The enemies have been given healing as well as other unfair surprises. This is of course to avoid lag, "but I do only so much as required to not ruin the grandeur awe effects of the waves, it just wouldn't be survival without them."

Positions:

Human Players:
Player 1 - Bottom Left
Player 2 - Bottom Middle
Player 3 - Bottom Right
Computer Players:
Player 4 - Top Left
Player 5 - Top Right

Mod Info:

All human players get a choice between 3 new sides, "By selecting soviets, allies, or yuri."

Each side has a unique set of "New Tech" and plays uniquely. You will have to try playing each side to see them all.

The mods featured on the map are pulled straight from my last map with slight modifications. If you liked that map, try this one.

And if you like this map, and haven't tried my last map, try this one.

Author Notes:
I hope you guys have fun playing this map, any tips advice would be great. This time I spent a lot more time on the maps detail since I had a lot of the previous maps work done. "AKA I didn't use Auto-cliffs."

This map is made for online XWIS vanilla-Yuri and Does Not Require Any External Assets. Play it online with your friends.

The Other Map Versions - AKA Map Pack
Each new version adds a new Level of difficulty from the previous versions. "I usually make a new version when I have beaten the current version a few times, I have yet to beat version 3."

In version 1 Had:
Waves, Apaches, Nukes, and a random timer.

Version 2 added:
More nukes, Better AI, Increased Ion Storm Damage, and Random "Power Loss".

Version 3 added:
Longer Random Power Loss durations, Random Cash Drain, Further Increased Ion Storm Damage, and Random Loss of Battle Field Control.

Version 4 added:
Wait a second, there isn't a Version 4, and while there may be one in the future, I doubt it. If I did make it, it probably wouldn't be beatable.

Update:
Made the Map less laggy, I also think I made it harder. Removed ZEP Bug. Enjoy. "Also added some better lighting."

Update:
"Actually Made it Easier, So I fixed it to be impossibly hard again."

Update:
I made a harder version 2 of the map. An while I was at it, I corrected some triggers that spawned incorrect waves on the original map.
You can Find Version 2 below. It is more Difficult and requires 3 computer players in spots 4, 5, and 6 now. Enjoy.

Update:
Added Version 3, this version is harder then Version 2. Also added orepurifier code to nods side on Robot control Tower, their income was bad vs other sides. This has been done on all 3 maps versions as well as other map, outskirts of battle city. Removed Chronoshifts in favor of action 80 to reduce lag.

Death or Survival - MOD.jpg
 Description:
Death or Survival - MOD Mini-Map
 Filesize:  646.34 KB
 Viewed:  4955 Time(s)

Death or Survival - MOD.jpg

Death or Survival - Mod.yrm
 Description:
The Map Itself
"Fixed ZEP bug. Other Improvements."
"It just got Harder."
"Fixed Incorrect Waves."

Download
 Filename:  Death or Survival - Mod.yrm
 Filesize:  364.82 KB
 Downloaded:  411 Time(s)

Death or Survival 2 - Mod.yrm
 Description:
Death or Survival 2 - MOD
Version 2 of map. Now even Harder!

Download
 Filename:  Death or Survival 2 - Mod.yrm
 Filesize:  373.26 KB
 Downloaded:  401 Time(s)

Death or Survival 3 - Mod.yrm
 Description:
Death or Survival 3 - MOD
Version 3 of map. Now even Harder then version 2!
I call each Version, level 1, 2, and 3. Hence their a map-pack.

Download
 Filename:  Death or Survival 3 - Mod.yrm
 Filesize:  376.41 KB
 Downloaded:  471 Time(s)

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Last edited by EricAnimeFreak on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 7 times in total

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OHhhhh :O

Really nice, IMO survival maps that are good maked like that, are more enjoyable than the basic ones. Very Happy

Will dl FTW.

Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder what will happen when I destroy their conyard with an airstrike... XD

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What makes you think you get an airstrike? Very Happy

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

001, please be my guest and try.

Well he could waste his money on building a lot of aircraft to kill their conyards Cranium. There's also SW's that would give him a similar ability to airstrike. But I'd still expect him to loose, if he chose that method.

There is no way to Kill the enemy besides waiting them out, to my knowledge, but hey, maybe he can find a loophole....

Also i recently thought of a way to make the SW's look more realistic, but I shouldn't be tempted to alter the map just for Art... should I?

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, for funs and giggles I experimented with a code that might replace the current SW Nukes I have on map. Well the codes crashed the game.. So I'm just gonna post them here. If I get them working, I might replace the old Virtual SW system.

The Drop-ship I had accidentally left on it's old ZEP weapons, making it broken, this was fixed. Also note, I was able to beat the map, so I made it harder. Someone online also complained it lagged slightly to much, so I also tried to reduce lag by lowering spawned units.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added 2 more versions, Making this a multi-difficulty Level Map-Pack!

Look above for more details as to why it is harder.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon