Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI Mission: The Training Grounds
Moderators: Ixith
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject:  GDI Mission: The Training Grounds
Subject description: just an idea for now...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI Mission: The Training Grounds

Description/Overview: Commander, Nod has taken siege to an area used for the training of our forces. We believe it is a preemptive strike to our development and an attempt to steal recruits who may be unsure of their decision to join into our global effort against the Brotherhood. We need a quick counter to this threat. As of right now only the main recruit station in the area is left in contact with us. We need you to make a beach landing, force your way to that station and once that area is secure to go out and secure the other training bases and then eliminate any Nod presence left in the area.

Pics: finalsun pics added as of April 27th 2010

new1.png
 Description:
the entrance area for new recruits of GDI.
 Filesize:  444.46 KB
 Viewed:  4612 Time(s)

new1.png

new2.png
 Description:
ocean, dam, and the beach landing spot
 Filesize:  305.55 KB

new2.png

new3.png
 Description:
what will become the urban combat training area
 Filesize:  348.09 KB

new3.png

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

updated original post with finalsun pics of development that went on yesterday despite not really in the mood to map. figured i'd double post to try to get a bit of attention on it to see what people might suggest on this idea for a mission.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have a destroyed target-able vehicle on the map that can a veterinary. and a target range for a artillery battery?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's see what you have, you've gotten a good start. I think a somewhat destroyed GDI training post under Nod control would be interesting to see.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, but what I personally dislike is how the walls of the GDI outpost curve so much. I'd always aim for as little corners as possible. Also it looks heavily defended for an outpost.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Also it looks heavily defended for an outpost.

That really depends on what the outpost is "outposting" to. A tech level 3 base can be an outpost to a tech level 10 fortress spanning half a map.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Looks good, but what I personally dislike is how the walls of the GDI outpost curve so much. I'd always aim for as little corners as possible. Also it looks heavily defended for an outpost.

I agree on both points. The defense is a bit of a habbit of adding both from other maps. I'll probably knock it down to just vulcans to the exception of one concerning the vulcan and rpg towers anyways. As for the walls I simply kinda fit them within the view i had but areas do seem to be kinda too curve like for walls. I might edit some cliff spots a tiny bit so the walls can seem a bit straighter.

Quote:
have a destroyed target-able vehicle on the map that can a veterinary. and a target range for a artillery battery?

hrmm interesting ideas. The first one is do able although a 'destroyed target-able vehicle' isn't the easiest things since IIRC the crash vehicles you can place on the map don't have damage frames thus go invisible once you get them to less than 50% health. However, billboards and various other things could still be used. As for a target range for artillery...not likely since this was designed for normal TS without FS thus GDI has no reason to have an artillery range since they don't really have a long range artillery unit. As for some sort of firing range for infantry and/or vehicles, quite possibly.

Quote:
I think a somewhat destroyed GDI training post under Nod control would be interesting to see.

That along with attacks on not yet under Nod control will of course happen or at least are planned.

As for progress: basic map layout is essentially done, it's left to detailing, planning an array of triggers and actually triggering. A good bit of detailing has already been applied of course.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon