Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Universe
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [90 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2

Favorite / Most Interesting Faction :
TD GDI
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
TD Nod
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
TS GDI
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
TS Nod
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
TS CABAL
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
RA Allies
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
RA Soviet Union
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
RA2 Allies
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
RA2 Soviet Union
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
RA2 Yuri
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 71

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pah. Team efforts can be fun too.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who said team efforts couldn't be fun?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team MV has some good co-op gaming in it =D.

Team efforts are actually fun as long as you aren't too focused. After all "why so serious?"

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We on the TI team have a laugh and enjoy working on the project, I'm not saying that team efforts are not and can't be fun, but I'm saying that it's not fun when you have to rely on your team 24/7.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where are the TI online games anyway? A mod/game cant be balanced properly unless played online IMO. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ARF! Lets crawl back into the corner that is the Staff forum and discuss there. #Tongue

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda interested if how will you make up with those sides that are not done and some unit concept in it, mostly are forbidden due to coding. Especially the RA3 and Generals.

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Bos187
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's going to be a good mod. Too bad it's against the rules, I would've played it Smile
But if I made it, I would not add stuff from the 3d CnC's.
And use ROTD graphics, not that renegade-like stuff.

But it's your mod, and it's private, so who cares? #Tongue
Happy modding

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see half a dozen raped mods/games. What is up with the totally shit additions to ICFRA? That public abrams looks like warmed up dog faeces compared to icfra's stuff, as do the stuff you added to the TD side (which in itself is a fucked up ROTD/TD), giant poorly made voxel mech? Public naval voxels? Come on... You say you're learning to mod through this, how is c/ping 3 carriers, battleships and extra tanks practise? Honestly...

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CODING practise maybe?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C/p code. Ok... Maybe it'd help with some simple stuff, mostly seems to me to be copypaste work with some ill though through additions. Your mod though, as long as it is never distributed I'll leave it alone.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People should do whaterver makes them happy, and for the most part they should keep whatever that is to themeslves.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, if it ain't illegal or on my list of stuff that pisses me off I don't care. Stupid is my pet hate though.

Mostly I'm with that guy.

- geno -
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the Tiberium Wars same as the Tiberian Twilight?

Fight for the freedom side, March with the Imperial War Machine or Conquest for World Domination
https://www.facebook.com/YRZH.Mod/
https://www.moddb.com/mods/yr-zero-hour

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twilight is like TS done without the powersuuit/mecha fetish and with cabal beaten to the "side 3" slot by the scrin. It's the version of C&C3 that got killed off in EALA's cellular absorbtion of westwood.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From those screenshots it looked like unfinished great RTS different from TW.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

C&CBoy
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it look fun. Remind me how exciting it was to get Reloaded for the first time. I translated Reloaded in French in the past. Surely the best YR mod.

You could take some cool screen in game for story or other stuff. I think it require RockPatch.

How did you break the 8 side limits? Did you have used the same trick Reloaded use (making GDI an Allied faction)?

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you mentioned that the TS GDI will have an ion storm super weapon.....
i wanted to know that how can you make an ion storm super weapon??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lightning storm clone. If you have Yuri's revenge look up Npatch nad rockpatch. Basically it's a copy of the ligtning storm.

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, also using the feature that disables air/hover units during the storm in it.
Pretty buggy and unbalanced because the air unit gets destroyed no matter how strong it is.

My Art

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have npatch... its the autumn edition version 1.07 but how do you disable the air/hover units??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LStormDisableUnits=yes
(Add it to your Lightning Storm SW section)

I couldn't find it in the NPAE documentantion, but it's still supported tho.

My Art

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thanx alot man!!

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Similar to a concept I've been working on (CnC Saga) altho in my case its in TS and only the 'real' CnC's and my post TS are in it (Red Alert 1, TD,TS, Post TS)

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Modding is only fun when people don't take it that seriously. When people build up serious mods they find themselves losing interest because it becomes more of a task than it does a hobby as you have to rely on things and in some cases, teams.

Let things flow and don't force yourself. =)

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GREAT JOB!!!!! Shocked

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can anyone explain what this is?

Whatsthis.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.28 KB
 Viewed:  15813 Time(s)

Whatsthis.jpg

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, just noticed this thread and it looks like something very wrong happened here, I mean - I've seen those assets somewhere, really.

I guess I need to read through all these posts to understand what this is about, why is this thread here actually and why I can see ingame screenshots with those specific assets?

Anyway, no idea what that is. You probably won't know, cause this appears to be a "private mod", unless the author bothers to explain.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, people ranted about the ripfest while others were trying to explain that it is in the private mod discussion. I thought banshee locked this thread though.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sometimes I think why cannot all modders work together, to create the ultimate mod, then I find such a thread and know again why it'll never happen.

I mod for fun, because I need some distraction, I just like to know everything, and use my knowledge, however knowledge requires experimentation and examples.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Modding is only fun when people don't take it that seriously. When people build up serious mods they find themselves losing interest because it becomes more of a task than it does a hobby as you have to rely on things and in some cases, teams.

A good point! Brother Aro!

@everyone else
no harm in a private mod right banshee?.
If its released then let the ban hammer swing but until then GTFO #Mad

*edited*

AprilWar
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I posted this around 10 years ago. I thought that I would revive this thread because I am genuinely interested in what happened to the mods I featured here: Reloaded, Mental Omega, Renessans, etc. Is this community still active? #Tongue

Ever since then, a lot of people have messaged me asking for the mod, however I never planned in distributing it; though I still have it but rarely play it. Plus, I am sure new technologies are out there that would make this even cooler... I was using NPatch and Syringe at the time. The C&C franchise grew too, with C&C Tiberian Twilight and so on...

Anyways it's always great to remember old times with nostalgia. It would be great to hear from ya.

My Art

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "modding community" is pretty much dead. It's mostly just leeches.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of the oldbies still keep together within Discord groups where actual modding happens, but yeah, the community's changed quite a lot.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back AprilWar! Not all of us are still here, but some are.

Quote:
Some of the oldbies still keep together within Discord groups where actual modding happens, but yeah, the community's changed quite a lot.

We've seen Discord rise in popularity and become a new home for modding altogether, CnCNet's created some fun modern clients to launch the older games with expanded features, Ares continues to produce quality content with each update extending modding in a way you'd have to read to believe.

twistedconversion
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and it will be appreciated if a customizable main menu is implemented.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say that golden years of classic (WW) C&C modding are long gone, but recently I noticed a huge increased interest towards content creating with Blender (mostly) and 3ds max.

I'm still here to make sure there's enough tools to make assets with Blender.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoa.... a legend is here! (eres hispano, verdad?)

A lot of new people is making new things here... but anyway I don't see big projects.

PD: también estoy estudiando arquitectura, voy en 4to semestre.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey', with this C&C remaster in development, we might see more interest in the old games again.

Odyssey is still alive and will be released. Someday.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!