Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
OPEN MAP COMPETITION FRENQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject:  OPEN MAP COMPETITION FRENQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! I am posting this piece of info for those who doesnt understand all the terms of the Open Map Competition being organized by both Project Perfect Mod and TiberiumSun.com. Before having any doubt, please check the rules at TumSun for details. Then, check this place... if you still have no answer on your doubt, feel free to post an answer in a reply or comment.

OPEN MAP COMPETITION FAQ:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Can I submit a map made for Firestorm or for a mod like Tiberian Sun Retro?

Answer: We only accept maps made for Tiberian Sun or Firestorm without any sort of mod. Maps made for any mod or maps that includes any mod files or modding changes will NOT be accepted. There is a small exception if it really ballances the map, like making weed eater's build limit be 1. Judges will only use Firestorm to judge your map. Umballanced maps providing lots of cash or any sort cheat will be ignored.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: Do I really need to make my map from scratch?

Answer: Random map generator maps (even if you modify them) or maps available in other websites made by something else, even if modified and credited will be disqualified.

Question: I've finished my map. Can I submit it now?

Answer: Yes, you can, but we do not recommend it. Submit it by the end of march, so you will have time to improve it, add triggering effects and making them look better and more ballanced. Also, maps will only be judged in april. So, no need to hurry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: If I know that The DvD, Finalmoon and Froggy will judge my map, can I send it directly to them instead of sending to [url=mailto:tsmapcompetition@ppmsite.com">tsmapcompetition@ppmsite.com[/url]?

Answer: No. Maps will only be judged if they are submited to [url=mailto:tsmapcompetition@ppmsite.com">tsmapcompetition@ppmsite.com[/url]. This happens, so maps are sent anonymously to the judges and we have full control of which maps were sent and who sent them.

Question: There is a judge that also complains of my maps. How can I be sure that the judgement won't be biased against me?

Answer: By sending maps to [url=mailto:tsmapcompetition@ppmsite.com">tsmapcompetition@ppmsite.com[/url], the maps will be identified by number, so the judges won't know the person who made the map they are judging.

Question: When will the results of the open map competition become available?

Answer: In april or may, depending on the ammount of submissions we receive.

Question: If I already have a custom rank in PPM forums, what kind of prize will I receive?

Answer: In this case, we provide you a voxel specially made for your mod (just dont ask us to make something hard like a mech, because we can't do that #Tongue)

Question: Will The DvD, FinalMoon, Froggy and Banshee submit maps for the competition?

Answer: No, because we are organising it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!