Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hey Guys.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject:  Hey Guys.
Subject description: starting it back-up, Somewhat
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay.
So.

My Work-In-Progress mod has been restarted. I unfortunately lost all my models, Sooo.. I have to start from scratch, which won't be that hard, seeing that I've gotten a lot better. The mod has been modded to a new storyline, and some new units.

I'm only posting under here for a few reasons.

1) I've seen it before, and I was wondering if any of you know how to get the walls fixed.. Well.. Implement the walls like it was in RA3 and all the others, where you click and drag out wall segments you want. I know someone has a mod for that, Just.. I lost it. >.>

2) Can walls be made Garrison-able? As in, No issues with that? Especially with the above feature.

3) Someone know how to make a Shield? As in. A unit is surrounded by a blue sphere like object or whatever, and it can survive X Amount of damage for Y Amount of Time? I can sorta see how it would work, I just need more clarification

4) Can the Splash Screen for The Start Up of generals Be An Animation?

-Most of the stuff isn't ESSENTIAL, but i would like to be able to implement the features in my mod. Credits will go to the people who can supply me with said Information.

-The Ninja On The Frontlines.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The wall system was first built in with BFME II, so you can't do something like that in Generals, you have to use the oldschool wall-section to wall-section method.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think so to be honest.
I saw a Generals Zero Hour Mod With The Walls Where you can click a point, drag out, and click to set it down. Show'd a video of it and all. And unless they are godly animators/photoshoppers. Im pretty sure that video is legit.
I need to find that mod again. Because that wall system was just so beast

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frontlines wrote:
I don't think so to be honest.
I saw a Generals Zero Hour Mod With The Walls Where you can click a point, drag out, and click to set it down. Show'd a video of it and all. And unless they are godly animators/photoshoppers. Im pretty sure that video is legit.
I need to find that mod again. Because that wall system was just so beast

I saw such a video on Tiberian Dawn Redux ModDB page, iirc. Maybe a query for some hints might help.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See, i thought it was one of those remakes, And i was scanning the ModDB pages for the mod, but couldn't find a mod similiar to what I saw a year ago
XD
-Can't honestly remember that far
so yea. Ill look there.
Thanks Man

Gen.Kenobi
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
3) Someone know how to make a Shield? As in. A unit is surrounded by a blue sphere like object or whatever, and it can survive X Amount of damage for Y Amount of Time? I can sorta see how it would work, I just need more clarification

Try to look in Contra mod.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh.
Yea..
I guess.

I just didn't want to go and download mods and do that.
but.. w.e

"queues up a download for Tiberian Dawn
and And Contra

Appox Wait Time: 2 Hours ._.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It may be a pain in the ass, but you will learn the most by looking at other mod's coding. Of course, if you use codes, it's up to you to decide whether you'll credit them for it or not (I do credit).

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would credit thje moders because they spent the time to find the code.. I won't take something and not give credit.

Edit.

If anyone has the mods above.. could you send me the ini's in a .rar.
Downloading 100's of mbs don't fair too well for my connection.

And

Thanks for evderyone's help so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon