Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
few questions
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject:  few questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've d/l-ed Retro 1.21, and I have a few questions:
- where are the new Tiberium trees/crystals? do they need firestorm?
- the two GDI tutorial levels have Drop pod function. the drop pod menu comes in, i select the units than hit space, game starts, but i don't get the units i ordered. what's the problem?
- if i start an original campagin, will the game be balanced?
- i don't have firestorm: what are the TSR functions i don't have due to this.

BTW i like the modifications i've seen so far.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
where are the new Tiberium trees/crystals? do they need firestorm?

if ur talking about the ones big jah posted in this forum, then they are not even in TSR yet. If you mean the Firestorm ones, then you will mainly only get them in firestorm maps, but also in TSR maps (as they no longer require firestorm if you have TSR

Quote:
the two GDI tutorial levels have Drop pod function. the drop pod menu comes in, i select the units than hit space, game starts, but i don't get the units i ordered. what's the problem?

By "DropPod" i assume you mean Dropship, and i dont recall the tutorial missions having this function, i only know of the First GDI mission currently supporting this feature

Quote:
if i start an original campagin, will the game be balanced?

Im not sure, TSR is primarly for multiplayer and then Skirmish games which i can assure you are a much better experiance than standard TS

Quote:
i don't have firestorm: what are the TSR functions i don't have due to this.

Quite alot, although TSR works without FS, it is really meant to be played with FS. However there are alot of people who do play it without and enjoy it nether the less

Quote:
BTW i like the modifications i've seen so far.

Thanks Wink

-SMIFFGIG

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've checked the mix files. In fact the tiberium trees I was looking for are the fona... stuff or what. What are they, and are they in Firestorm only?

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And a few suggestions:

- the heavy tank should be $950, like in Red Alert
- the NOD Buggy was $300 in Tiberian Dawn, I think $500 is too much
- in Tiberian Dawn the Recon Bike was able to fire at flying targets, I think it should be able to do this in TSR too
- I'm not sure, but I think the APC was faster than the Light tank

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eqx wrote:
And a few suggestions:

Yeah i agree on this one, also i think this tank is too small for it's power, i mean it's smaller than a tick yet it is a direct competitor to the titan..
Quote:
- the NOD Buggy was $300 in Tiberian Dawn, I think $500 is too much

I have them at 400.
Quote:
- in Tiberian Dawn the Recon Bike was able to fire at flying targets, I think it should be able to do this in TSR too

It would also cause the stupid AI bug, ie it tracks the aircraft then follows it all over the map..
Quote:
- I'm not sure, but I think the APC was faster than the Light tank

What would that matter?

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It would also cause the stupid AI bug, ie it tracks the aircraft then follows it all over the map..

Oh, I didn't know that. What if you give it the AA as a secondary weapon? Would it do the same?

Quote:
What would that matter?

Why not make the mod more precise, if possible? Smile

BTW what are the Fonas? Do they have any function or they just look good?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC, they spawn Tiberium. They're the things you find in the middle of the fields and they all have different names. In TD they were called Blossom Trees.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nono, fona's are simply Tiberium mutated vegatation... mutated trees. Blossom trees spawn Tiberium Riparius while the blue bushes spawn Tiberium Vinifera.
So in a way they're just there for decoration.. nothing wrong with that though, as standard TS terrain is dead-boring..

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Eqx wrote:
[color=cyan]And a few suggestions:

Yeah i agree on this one, also i think this tank is too small for it's power, i mean it's smaller than a tick yet it is a direct competitor to the titan..

The heavy tank, like many other units in Retro will be redone, don't worry Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The heavy tank, like many other units in Retro will be redone, don't worry

where do u get this sort of knowledge ?
im happy with the current voxel FS made, it looks great. however i may rescale it so that it is bigger

Eqx
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
im happy with the current voxel FS made, it looks great. however i may rescale it so that it is bigger

I aggree, it looks cool, just have to be bigger.

BTW I will have Firestorm installed so I will have all TSR function. Smile

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
where do u get this sort of knowledge ?

You said you'd want me to make another one..!? but if you're fine with the current one then I'll leave it. Just move the turret it up a bit, it looks too low. And I like it too, goes well with the other Nod starting units.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon