Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Perfect Keyboard For Everyone.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject:  The Perfect Keyboard For Everyone.
Subject description: It may be pricy.. but.. Just imagine having this keyboard
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

Just go to the link..
:]
For those of you who don't want to..
Its the Optimus Maximus Keyboard.
All Keys are Customizable to any Program you are using.
Using Photoshop?
Wanna Hotkey a 50% Opacity? You can do that.
Wanna change your keyboard layout to Any language? Accent Marks?
Start up any program? And know which Key does it Thanks to its Animated Screens? You can do that

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually... that is pretty cool.
But the price, oh the price.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know.. The price is a real bummer..

And.. Orac.
I had a feeling you would be the first to post xD

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That'd be indeed an awesome keyboard.

If only it didn't have such a price...

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe the price is the only bad thing bout that keyboard xD

But hell.. depending on your job. Get that money in bout a month.. hell I could.. if saved. Get that much in two weeks

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're not as rich as you to spend that kind of money on a keyboard 0_0, you know bills, insurances, registrations for vehicles are real.

Still, it's a cool keyboard to say the very least.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I doubt I'd really need to change what each key is asigned for. And it's rather ugly, only white and black. Not to mention the...lol...price.

And these constant shortcuts. For example if you asigned one key for 50% Opacity in Photoshop.... although they may ease and shorten your job, simultaneously such things make people lazier, and IMO too accustomed to such shortcuts.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For that money I can buy a completely new PC. In other words: no thank you #Tongue

Ghost of Christmas Past
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is both win and fail. Best analogy I can think of is a King Tiger Tank. Sure it was the ultimate tank, but for that price you could've got an entire armoured platoon...

So basically I'm with dutchy. Can I have an ultra-new PC instead?

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed with the above comments, it's very cool, but man, is it expensive. Also, there are some fuzzy reviews flying around saying it's not that awesome after all. I've seen this thing before, in fact I was searching for an LED display keyboard when I stumbled across it, but this isn't exactly what I'd hoped for...

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would just give it like 10 years so the price will go down then buy.

High Templar X
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking for that keyboard a few months ago. At least I know what it's called now. May purchase one at a later date for my next PC.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember first hearing about this years ago before it came out and was keeping an eye on it...... until it was released and was finally given a price

1667€

*does a quick online conversion*

£1,374.93

LOL! for a keyboard... I didnt even pay that much for my entire PC (excl monitor)

that's $2400 for the US forum users

I'll stick with my £40 logitech keyboard and with the advantages of being able to drop heavy objects or knock cups of tea on it and be assured it will still work just fine Very Happy

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This man speaks the truth.

What good is a keyboard if its shot because you accidentally spilled a can of coke on it? Waste of money unless you live in glass house.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I once spilled mixed fruit juice on my keyboard but it didn't even break. Only some of the keys got jammed because of the suggar #Tongue Had to wash the plastic parts and it worked fine again.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pointlessness at it's finest.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it will fit on my desk. Does this thing come with anything cool like Coffee Dispenser, or Tactical Missile Launcher, to justify the price?

High Templar X
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Pointlessness at it's finest.

For its price, I can probably agree, but the concept is amazing.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Concepts in commercial design have a way of being refined over the years, as long as it brings in money. #Tongue

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's really cool, I really like the idea but it costs A LOT.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-=HelloDave=- wrote:
That's really cool, I really like the idea but it costs A LOT.

This, and the fact that I'd settle for something less but has more useful value.

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Valo/#crb_1

In my very opinion, that beats the G15 and any Razer keyboard right now. The Company is cash as well, just have shitty marketing.

Bos187
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Valo/#crb_1

In my very opinion, that beats the G15 and any Razer keyboard right now. The Company is cash as well, just have shitty marketing.

Wow. That's one awesone keyboard.
And for $99? (according to google thats E.78.21)
That's even more amazing.
Do want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon